PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with a DVD!

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 04:56 AM
I know this doesn't belong here, but this is the only room that has people in it.

I need to know how to take a wmv. file and make a DVD out of it. I downloaded the Windows Media File of A Man for All Seasons. It is beautiful. But I can't burn a DVD that my regular DVD player will play. It keeps saying can't recognize the disc or something like that.

I downloaded the iso file and it works fine, but it is kinda blurry. I want the crispness of the wmv. file.

Can anyone here please help me? IM me if you want. I have gone through 25 DVDs so far trying and have downloaded nearly every program on the web that promises to be able to do this, but so far none have been able to.

I want to give these out to a room full of delegates in four days. Please help!

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Isn't anyone on here a techie?

Drknows
10-14-2007, 05:35 AM
What type of discs are you using?

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Dvd-r

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:38 AM
I know I need a program to convert wmv. files into DVD files or something, but I don't exactly know what a DVD file is called and I can't figure out a way to do this. I have Vista Ultimate and Windows Media Player and a trial version of Nero and Burn 4 Free.

Drknows
10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
you need to re-encode your wmv files to dvd compliant VOB files......dvd/mpeg-2

And to make them crispy you need to encode them with a higher resolution and higher bit rate.

720x480 for NTSC compliant dvd / 720x576 for PAL compliant dvd is good.

I think virtualdub will do this its been awhile since i made a dvd.