PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney is stealing Ron Paul's votes!

goRPaul
10-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Just a joke, sort of. I was talking to my friend who goes to BYU and she says that if Mitt wasn't running that a lot of students on campus would support Ron.

Technically, all the candidates on the republican side are stealing votes that would otherwise go to Ron.

Magsec
10-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Mitt's mug is on the latest (?) Newsweek.

foofighter20x
10-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I would hate to think those Mitt-heads are only supporting him because of Mitt's faith... I mean, really, that's kind of bigoted for them to do that.

Matt Collins
10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
OUR BIGGEST THREATS ARE FRED AND HUCKABEE!!!

Those two will take the most votes away from Ron and it's where we should concentrate our efforts.

Kregener
10-14-2007, 10:30 AM
If these students are not bright enough to realize a vote for anybody but Ron Paul is just a vote for more perpetual war, taxation, spending, lost rights, government growth and statism, then...good luck to them then.

KingTheoden
10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I think that Romney's support is akin to the existence of the Great Wizard of Oz. Huckleberry is being promoted to death in the media but is still failing to gain much traction, while ol' Fred's debate debut was painful to watch.

As long as we continue to educate the people we encounter on who Ron Paul is and what he stands for, I really believe that we will surprise many of the 'experts.' Frankly, I think that there has been an exodus from Romney because he is such a snake and seems to believe only in Mitt Romney.

I guess if you encounter people support Mitt simply because he is a Mormon, just play a few YouTube videos of him completely pulling 180s on abortion, government control, and guns. Also, you can point out that every time he says that he did not raise taxes, he is LYING because he most certainly did raise taxes while Governor of Massachusetts (not to mention his insurance requirement effectively serves as a new tax on those now forced to purchase a service, not to mention to increase in price for those previously insured).

How can devout Mormons support such an open liar?

Kregener
10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Mormonism itself is a lie, that is why.

Jordan
10-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Wow.

cjhowe
10-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Wow.

Exactly, just wow.

billv
10-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I would hate to think those Mitt-heads are only supporting him because of Mitt's faith... I mean, really, that's kind of bigoted for them to do that.

Bush counted on a lot of his voters doing the same =(

KingTheoden
10-14-2007, 11:05 AM

I think the good Doctor has ample support from the Mormon community, so it implores, if for no other reason than that, to be respectful and keep guarded person perspectives on the validity of any particular group's practices.

We are all a team here and should try hard to focus on reinforcing the strength of our links.

EvoPro
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I wish people could look past religion. That goes for many of the mormons as well, who only support Mitt for that reason.

barcop
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM

I could just as easily say all religion is a lie. When it comes to religious beliefs... to each their own. Isn't that what Ron Paul stands for?

EvoPro
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
I think many of them see it as an opportunity to spread the gospel. For the LDS, this is a goal. However the ends do not justify the means.

work2win
10-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds like shallow and ugly collectivism once again.

I'd remind her that Mitt thinks Abortion is OK. That's not very Mormon of him.

ross11988
10-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Someone said something really sad to me the other day, there was an anti abortion rally at my university and i went up to one of the ladys handing stuff out and asked her who she wanted for president and she said she didnt know. So I asked her about Ron Paul and she said she liked him and donated money to him, however she said she was disipointed with him because he said homosexuality is not a sin and because of that she is not going to vote for him. I really don't understand why people have to vote on someone because of their moral or religious beliefs. Since when does believing homosexuality is not a sin effect the way your presidency will be ran.

Paulitician
10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Someone said something really sad to me the other day, there was an anti abortion rally at my university and i went up to one of the ladys handing stuff out and asked her who she wanted for president and she said she didnt know. So I asked her about Ron Paul and she said she liked him and donated money to him, however she said she was disipointed with him because he said homosexuality is not a sin and because of that she is not going to vote for him. I really don't understand why people have to vote on someone because of their moral or religious beliefs. Since when does believing homosexuality is not a sin effect the way your presidency will be ran.
Yeah, she is a little misguided. First of all, I'd like to know when Ron Paul ever said homosexuality is not a sin. I think Ron Paul, as a Christian, knows it's a sin. In fact, most of what comes naturally to people is a sin too, so what's the big deal? RP just don't think homosexuals deserve any particular treatment (good or bad) for being who they are/belonging to a group.

ItsTime
10-14-2007, 12:47 PM
As an ex-mormon I would have to agree.

TechnoGuyRob
10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I could just as easily say all religion is a lie. When it comes to religious beliefs... to each their own. Isn't that what Ron Paul stands for?

Everyone is an atheist to almost every "god" in humans' imagination. ;)

Some of us just choose to go one god more. :p

winston84
10-14-2007, 01:53 PM
There is always going to be a warhawk in the race, I don't see how Romney would be taking away more votes than a Thompson or Brownback. I think more warhawks in the race actually help Ron Paul.

Someone that says they would be supporting Ron Paul if they weren't supporting Mitt Romney doesn't know jack about either candidate. The only candidates who could possibly be taking would-be RP supporters are Tancredo, Kucinich, and Gravel.

Hook
10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Everyone is an atheist to almost every "god" in humans' imagination. ;)

Some of us just choose to go one god more. :p

Alright Mr. Dawkins. :)

Hook
10-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I could just as easily say all religion is a lie.

And you would be correct in that assesment. But since it has nothing to do with the Federal Gov., who cares?

McDermit
10-14-2007, 03:33 PM
two different dudes today told us that "giuliani and that mitt romney guy both want to get rid of the income tax, i'm voting for one of them"

what the bleep? where do people even get this shit?

Minlawc
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
two different dudes today told us that "giuliani and that mitt romney guy both want to get rid of the income tax, i'm voting for one of them"

what the bleep? where do people even get this shit?

I think I've heard Huckabee, in the last debate, say he wants to replace the IT with something more effective. But that's the only one, that I remember, mentioning taking away the Income Tax.

Roxi
10-14-2007, 03:45 PM
NO its because "team mitt" makes it look more like a high school football game when they gather, its all young shiny jock/cheerleader types

at the iowa straw poll they all looked rediculous, you might as well have put them in cheerleader uniforms

so this is appealing to this crowd to join "clique mitt"

fj45lvr
10-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I wonder what planet Mitt favors to be God of someday???

hey paul could believe that people are homosexual that doesn't mean that they should practice it....everyone is a sinner even though they shouldn't sin.

erowe1
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Just a joke, sort of. I was talking to my friend who goes to BYU and she says that if Mitt wasn't running that a lot of students on campus would support Ron.

Technically, all the candidates on the republican side are stealing votes that would otherwise go to Ron.

Ehh, the college students aren't going to vote in a primary election anyway. No loss.

smtwngrl
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM

Inexcusable. :p First, this isn't a religious forum. And secondly, there are a number of Mormons here who won't appreciate having their religion attacked (myself included). I don't mind a discussion, but this is not the place.

The reason that a lot of BYU students would be voting for Ron Paul if Mitt Romney wasn't running is because Ron Paul stands for the Constitution. And Ron Paul, in standing for the Constitution, reflects the beliefs of the Church better than Romney does. Some past leaders of our Church have even said things similar to what Ron Paul is saying.

The problem with members of the LDS Church is the same as it is with the general population. And that is, either they don't know about him and his views, or they are listening to and believing the propaganda of the MSM.

One more thing. Every Tuesday at BYU, there is a devotional. On the Tuesday of the same week that Ron Paul was scheduled to be in Utah (on Saturday), the subject was The Constitution. Students were told they should study their classes, and they should also study the Constitution. Hopefully, they are doing that.

smtwngrl
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I think I've heard Huckabee, in the last debate, say he wants to replace the IT with something more effective. But that's the only one, that I remember, mentioning taking away the Income Tax.

Several of them, at the Iowa forum, and at the Value Voters Debate, said they would support the fair tax, which replaces the income tax with a national sales tax.