PDA

View Full Version : The Disclose Act - You have to pass it to find out what's in it

tangent4ronpaul
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Rep Dan Lungren (R) tried to get a copy of the bill so he would know what he was debating about and voting on. Asking another Rep that had gotten a copy (a Dem), he was told that the Dem Rep had been ordered not to show it to anyone...

Apparently, it contains huge loopholes for labor unions and as far as I can tell, groups like Moveon and Acorn would not have to show that they paid for an ad.

It's being hyped as disclosing if corporations paid for an ad.

More of Pelosi's games and BS...

-t

RM918
06-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Irony!

phill4paul
06-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Not buying that box of Cracker Jacks.

tangent4ronpaul
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
It looks like they got the full text - an hour or two before the one hur debate... after the dems had had if for days.....

ONE Repub amendment was accepted and of corse not passed.

-t

dannno
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I called my liberal rep and told them that this would violate free speech for small political organizations, but large political organizations like the NRA would be exempt.

If you have a conservative rep, call them up and replace "NRA" with "MoveOn" and "Acorn"

The vote goes down today so hurrry!!

tangent4ronpaul
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
And the first amendment gets a major kicking around this afternoon in order to support one parties advantage in political ads this election season.

The vote is not over, but there is no way it won't pass.

Scratch that - it just passed. :mad:

-t

Eroberer
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
How can anyone have respect for these worthless pieces of shit we call congressmen? They are horrible, despicable people that should have no bearing on my life. People should simply ignore the bill. Take a stand.

Margo37
06-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Everyday gets blacker, once again, our Maryland reps and they'll likely get re-elected.
Disgusted. Am I allowed to say that now?

~~~~Have to revise that, only my Dem rep voted NO, others in MD yea of course. .

Number19
06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Rep Dan Lungren (R) tried to get a copy of the bill so he would know what he was debating about and voting on. Asking another Rep that had gotten a copy (a Dem), he was told that the Dem Rep had been ordered not to show it to anyone...

Apparently, it contains huge loopholes for labor unions and as far as I can tell, groups like Moveon and Acorn would not have to show that they paid for an ad.

It's being hyped as disclosing if corporations paid for an ad.

More of Pelosi's games and BS...

-tIn my local paper, it was reported that, not only was corporate advertising targeted, but that the bill also would require individuals, paying for independent campaign activities, to report any expenditure of at least $10,000 made more than 20 days before an election; and expenditures greater than $1000 would have to be reported within 24 hours in the final 20 days of a campaign.

roho76
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
It feels nice to not pay taxes. At least I'm not paying for these fucking retards to destroy this country. Come and get me motherfuckers.