PDA

View Full Version : Subsidy Farmer in Hot Water over his Hypocritical Sign

AuH20
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Irony.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/21/2033746/party-of-parasites-author-took.html#ixzz0rh4bBwrf

MelissaWV
06-24-2010, 10:26 AM
I bet the guy really has paid over $1,000,000 in taxes, too. That's sad.

What's sadder is that people get so mad at a sign that they have to set it and portions of this man's property on fire.

All irony or hypocrisy aside, he does have a point that there are certainly quite a few people who don't pay in but have their hand out waiting for subsidies. I sincerely doubt any of them would be shamed by his sign.

akforme
06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately I don't think you can survive as a farmer without the subsidies at this point

Krugerrand
06-24-2010, 10:43 AM
It must have been those violent Tea Partiers that set his sign on fire twice. :rolleyes:

Left-wing violence is never reported.

While the sign is hypocritical for him ... it is true. The Democrats are a party of parasites. Their big three backers are Unions, Lawyers and Abortion.

Original_Intent
06-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately I don't think you can survive as a farmer without the subsidies at this point

Sure you can. Kill all subsidies and farmers will charge what they need to to survive. Prices will go up but so what? You are either paying in taxes via subsidies, or paying at the produce register. Free market will win again.

And you will stop a lot of money flowing thru the government, who always has to take a cut for their people that administrate the programs, as well as as corruption.

Aside from corruption and the cost of administration, is it really right that I, a person with minimal net worth, is paying taxes that are then subsidizing people who own land worth millions of dollars? My boss owns a small ranch and he is not only making a lot mroe than me at work, but he also gets a decent check from the government every year NOT to grow anything! W T F

HOLLYWOOD
06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
It's the false dichotomy of money and government...

Instead of no or low taxes, the government charges high taxes and then gives subsidies and/or tax credits back.

It's all to control everything...

If Farmers weren't so over Taxed and over Regulated so much in the first place, there would be NO NEED FOR GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION.

It's always about government intervention... whether work, play, rights and liberties... all to control everyone. Government loses their control when they don't control US financially.

That's the gameplan they stick to and stick to US.