PDA

View Full Version : Go figure... desire of war could be real cause of oil spill

noxagol
06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
From: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/60201.html

A news report (based on unnamed government sources) says that Obama, Salazar, Chu, and Gates waived safety checks for BP drilling ops “because of the high-level interest by the White House and Pentagon in tapping the Gulf of Mexico bonanza find in order to plan a military attack on Iran without having to be concerned about an oil and natural gas shortage from the Persian Gulf after an outbreak of hostilities with Iran.”

“…the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Pentagon and Interior and Energy Departments told the Obama Administration that the newly-discovered estimated 3-4 billion barrels of oil in the Gulf of Mexico would cover America’s oil needs for up to eight months if there was a military attack on Iran that resulted in the bottling up of the Strait of Hormuz to oil tanker traffic, resulting in a cut-off of oil to the United States from the Persian Gulf.”

sevin
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
If this is true, then I am more pissed about the spill than ever, and this morning I didn't think that was possible.

ravedown
06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
ha-that's quite a stretch.

KCIndy
06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Hmmm....

Since things went wrong and that eight month oil supply is getting pooped out all across the Gulf of Mexico, does this mean the war with Iran will have to be canceled?

Kotin
06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
ha-that's quite a stretch.

I would have agreed with you a couple years ago, but this sounds just like their MO..

I am not saying I believe this.. There is not enough information.. But I would never put it past these guys..

akforme
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Is the return that fast? My understanding (which I admit isn't much in regards to oil drilling) is that it takes a few years for a well to be up and running.

dannno
06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Is the return that fast? My understanding (which I admit isn't much in regards to oil drilling) is that it takes a few years for a well to be up and running.

They have to have safety inspections before going online, sounds like some of these may have been waived. Should be investigated anyway.. right?? I mean.. isn't that pretty important considering what happened? If there was a motive for waiving the inspections, I'd like to know about it.