PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in 1998: Presidents waging illegal war more important than Monica Lewinsky

Knightskye
06-24-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA#t=2m36s

You might remember in one of the primary debates, Ron Paul was asked what Bill Clinton's role would be in his administration. Paul replied that he impeached him.

And apparently it was a different reason than other Republicans.

Working Poor
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
please fix the link

MelissaWV
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Ah the good ole days... when there were only one or two known illegal wars/conflicts out there, and the President's biggest faux pas was getting caught in a lie about an affair.

It's funny what people were impeaching/threatening impeachment over, eh? Considering what the last two Presidents have been up to?

klamath
06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Ah the good ole days... when there were only one or two known illegal wars/conflicts out there, and the President's biggest faux pas was getting caught in a lie about an affair.

It's funny what people were impeaching/threatening impeachment over, eh? Considering what the last two Presidents have been up to?

One or two??
Somalia
Haiti
Iraqi northern watch.
Kosovo
Bosnia
I know too well as I never knew which one I might get deployed to.

MelissaWV
06-24-2010, 10:17 AM
One or two??
Somalia
Haiti
Iraqi northern watch.
Kosovo
Bosnia
I know too well as I never knew which one I might get deployed to.

I meant to type "at a time," but somehow didn't. I won't edit it now....

Even you have to admit that most of Clinton's skirmishes and wars seem like a quick trip to the corner store compared to what we're mired in now. I'm not setting that up as a positive for him. I'm saying we're headed in the really, really wrong direction.

klamath
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
I meant to type "at a time," but somehow didn't. I won't edit it now....

Even you have to admit that most of Clinton's skirmishes and wars seem like a quick trip to the corner store compared to what we're mired in now. I'm not setting that up as a positive for him. I'm saying we're headed in the really, really wrong direction.
I agree, wrong direction.
I actually think what got him impeached was the fact he started an airwar over Iraq specifically at the time of the impeachment vote. It was pure abuse of power to try and save his personal political hide and a lot of members of congress saw that.

Corto_Maltese
06-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Heh, I made a short clip a while back adding parts of that interview to a Hannity interview where he talks to Gary Johnson and brings up Ron Paul and the famous debate he had with Giuliani about 9/11.

YouTube - Gary Johnson being called the new Ron Paul by Hannity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9u1LsYTSPs)

Knightskye
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM
please fix the link

I have it like that so it'll go to the moment referenced in the title, but okay, here's the video:
YouTube - Ron Paul: Impeachment & Predicting 9/11 in 1998 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA)