PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Woman speaks out about the condition of the gulf

Kords21
06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Totally disgusting account from someone who's local. BP more concerned about cutting costs than saving lives. I found it to be a heartwrenching account about what's going on with the gulf.

YouTube - Kindra Arnesan - Quoted on PBS Newshour 6/23/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3bzypjTIWg)

UtahApocalypse
06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
So sad... this Louisiana woman tells it like it is. We may not be Southerners, Gulf residents, or Fisherman but we all are Americans and need to Unite to save the Gulf, our Country, and possibly the World.

silverhandorder
06-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I agree with her on some points but disagree on others. Cutting costs is important. They can't afford to waste resources when they going to need to do so much. If they don't cut costs they may not be able to finish cleaning everything up and go bankrupt.

Also the lady attacks FED gov which I agree with but she seems to make it out as if BP and FED gov are releasing the oil on purpose. I agree that FED gov should be more involved by not blocking people from getting there to help and getting on BP to allow people to do what they want.

Elwar
06-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Ever notice how all of BP's solutions involve trying to funnel the oil up to one of their tankers...?

There's been no attempt to just plug it up.

Krugerrand
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Ever notice how all of BP's solutions involve trying to funnel the oil up to one of their tankers...?

There's been no attempt to just plug it up.

It doesn't seem like that's even a consideration.

But not to worry. I'm sure Lord Barry will divide that $20B in a fair way between those who support him.

moostraks
06-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Worth the time to listen to and get a feel for the reality of the situation, esp. since some seem to feel that it is being hyped too much. The msm is plugging what it is told to cover to help push legislation. Meanwhile the individual can suffer and the the full scope of the effects will not be discussed because the individual is expendable. Profits and power have always been the names of the game...

MelissaWV
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Worth the time to listen to and get a feel for the reality of the situation, esp. since some seem to feel that it is being hyped too much. The msm is plugging what it is told to cover to help push legislation. Meanwhile the individual can suffer and the the full scope of the effects will not be discussed because the individual is expendable. Profits and power have always been the names of the game...

On the one hand, I do feel it's being hyped incorrectly (for lack of a better way of putting it). Some people speak as if it's the end of the Gulf in every possible sense. The earth's pretty good at making up for humanity's stupidity. It's also even pretty good at cleaning up its own messes (volanoes, etc.) over time. This is a big deal, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, I've noticed that a lot of news reports seem to want to chase the outer edge of this spill. There are, for instance, a lot of reports out of Florida of where the oil is "just" reaching. There are relatively few pictures of oil-soaked marshes, and almost no pictures in the media of the immediate area around the rig from afar and at the surface. It's almost like they want to look like they are crying wolf?

moostraks
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
On the one hand, I do feel it's being hyped incorrectly (for lack of a better way of putting it). Some people speak as if it's the end of the Gulf in every possible sense. The earth's pretty good at making up for humanity's stupidity. It's also even pretty good at cleaning up its own messes (volanoes, etc.) over time. This is a big deal, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, I've noticed that a lot of news reports seem to want to chase the outer edge of this spill. There are, for instance, a lot of reports out of Florida of where the oil is "just" reaching. There are relatively few pictures of oil-soaked marshes, and almost no pictures in the media of the immediate area around the rig from afar and at the surface. It's almost like they want to look like they are crying wolf?

Which is what I was referencing when I said that they are pushing the views they want to achieve public consensus on their chosen issues. It seems to be making it hard to get people to realize there really is a problem since the media has been so poor in its coverage of the actual hard hit areas.

I think she was pretty good at pointing out they are working so cooperatively...with the corporation at the expense of the people that pay their salary. This will probably start to boil over sometime in the very near future...

Ricky201
06-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Hmm...you think we can get her on Freedom Watch?