PDA

View Full Version : Video tip

Elwar
10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Just a quick tip for those creating videos. I have a degree in telecommunications and had a few classes for doing video.

In one class they brought up the fact that showing a word, then a face usually makes the viewer associate that face with that word.

I've seen a few videos with a mishmash of quotes then a clip of Ron Paul or one of the other candidates. I cringe when I see several clips of the other candidates saying something like "terror" or "terrorism" then it switches to Ron Paul. I understand that the video was trying to show the contrast but it'll confuse the viewer.

positive messages followed by a Ron Paul clip is powerful, just as negative messages followed by the other candidates...just make sure you create a transition between the two.

ronpaulyourmom
10-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Good call

michaelwise
10-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Since you posted a thread on this subject, I might as well post a video I've been working on. It is a work in Progress. How did you know we were working on videos to try to top, A New Hope?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnxejA6aTw0

aksmith
10-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Since you posted a thread on this subject, I might as well post a video I've been working on. It is a work in Progress. How did you know we were working on videos to try to top, A New Hope?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnxejA6aTw0

Here is my best suggestion, I like how you edited out the smarmy lead in about his polls. Now, work on erasing the label about how he is at only 1 percent on the polls. First, it's wrong. Second, it's a lie. Third, well you get the idea.

I would try an experiment. See if you can edit that "only 1 percent" into "over 30 percent." Show it to people with a big number at the bottom and watch them start thinking more seriously about the candidate. If they can lower the number artificially, we can raise it.

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:25 AM
I don't like it. No offense. But it is the typical media spin that is so hard to overcome. It suggests he isn't worth voting for, that his support is only on the "Internet" whatever that is supposed to mean, and I hate the beginning where they are "surprised" he is doing as well as he is, but really that is just ok when you compare it to the rest of the candidates.

He still sounds fringe, and it sounds like he doesn't have much of a chance of winning.

Just my opinion though. It is better than some of the bad press we have been getting, but it not a great video for him - that is unless your goal is to show that the tide is changing a bit in media reporting. That he is being taken a little more seriously now.

michaelwise
10-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is my best suggestion, I like how you edited out the smarmy lead in about his polls. Now, work on erasing the label about how he is at only 1 percent on the polls. First, it's wrong. Second, it's a lie. Third, well you get the idea.

I would try an experiment. See if you can edit that "only 1 percent" into "over 30 percent." Show it to people with a big number at the bottom and watch them start thinking more seriously about the candidate. If they can lower the number artificially, we can raise it.
Thanks. I was planning on cropping that out. I also plan on working with the volume on the , I've Seen all Good People, portion of the song. That Yes song references a chess match, where the dark horse has the white queen on the run, I believe.