PDA

View Full Version : If it came down to another Revolution...

Matthew Zak
06-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Where? How?

Every inch of this planet is now owned by powerful elite men with some form of military at their fingertips. Even if we wait until the fall of the American Empire there will be plenty of powerful people bidding for the leftovers. How do we rise up against a global force? How do we find a Free Land anywhere, let alone here?

I will continue to support the peaceful revolution, with the hope that we'll dismantle the beast intentionally, with the intention of rebuilding a free country again. But I can't imagine how its going to work. Call me apathetic... I just don't see a way out.

Mattsa
06-24-2010, 05:33 AM
Where? How?

Every inch of this planet is now owned by powerful elite men with some form of military at their fingertips. Even if we wait until the fall of the American Empire there will be plenty of powerful people bidding for the leftovers. How do we rise up against a global force? How do we find a Free Land anywhere, let alone here?

I will continue to support the peaceful revolution, with the hope that we'll dismantle the beast intentionally, with the intention of rebuilding a free country again. But I can't imagine how its going to work. Call me apathetic... I just don't see a way out.

I share your pessimism

You can't change the mindset of the majority overnight. It's taken them nearly a century to engineer the modern world. Most people accept things such as debt based money as perfectly acceptable and normal because they have never experienced anything different. People accept foreign wars and even support them.

I found this excellent quote on the Lew Rockwell site this morning

The war system’s response to Gen. McChrystal’s Rolling Stone interview is instructive. It is a reminder that every Memorial Day should begin by honoring the first victim of every war: TRUTH. But as all wars are grounded in lies – the bloodier the war the more enormous the falsity of its foundation – truth becomes not only a casualty, but the enemy itself.

You can apply the same anecdote to our monetary systems.

No wonder that politicians are NEVER honest with the people regarding the origins of money!