PDA

View Full Version : THis is a completely sureal scene...

tangent4ronpaul
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Admiral Thad Allen giving a presentation to a completely EMPTY room! No one there but the camera...

WTF????

-t

C-SPAN1

angelatc
06-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Most of the speeches you see on CSPAN are delivered to an empty room. Back in the 80's, Congress almost kicked CSPAN out because they insisted on panning the camera on the empty chambers. They caved, because they wanted to continue broadcasting.

RCA
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Most of the speeches you see on CSPAN are delivered to an empty room. Back in the 80's, Congress almost kicked CSPAN out because they insisted on panning the camera on the empty chambers. They caved, because they wanted to continue broadcasting.

source?

tangent4ronpaul
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Actually - it's common. I've seen numerous congress critters comment about it including RP.

At least they are broadcasting to th American public!

-t

AuH2O
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM

This was Gingrich, as I recall.

tangent4ronpaul
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
This was a PRESS briefing!!!! Not a session of Congress...

No press in attendance...

-t

erowe1
06-23-2010, 04:09 PM
This was Gingrich, as I recall.

I'm not sure about Angela's anecdote, but Gingrich was infamous in the years when he was House minority leader for giving inflammatory speeches in an empty House chamber for the C-Span cameras. I think that's a big part of why so many people mistake him for a radical conservative rather than the wishy washy moderate he is.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
lol.