PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul/Gary Johnson 2012!

Elwar
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.varight.com/news/ron-paulgary-johnson-in-2012/

Public Policy Polling ran a poll on 2012 preferences (Thanks to the Humble Libertarian for the original article). It’s mostly bad news for the GOP. No one beats Obama in a two person race.

PPP to its credit added Congressman Ron Paul (no “former”, he’s still a member of Congress!) and he did almost as well as Gingrich – President Obama draws 46 and Paul 36%. But the polling shows that Paul does best among independents:

One thing that’s very interesting about these numbers is that Ron Paul is the most popular out of the whole group with independents. They see him favorably by a 35/25 margin. The only other White House hopeful on positive ground with them is Romney at a +2 spread and they’re very negative on the rest: -5 for Huckabee, -16 for Gingrich and Palin, and -17 for Obama. All five of the possible GOP contenders lead Obama with independents, but Paul does so by the widest margin at 46-28.

The polling analysis suggests something radical: That Paul run as an independent in 2012.

I agree with PPP that Paul should run as a Republican with his libertarian colleague, former Governor Gary Johnson as VP. (I said exactly this in January at Conflicted Libertarian) They should run together in 2012 in the GOP primaries with the mission of restoring constitutional government. It would be exciting and would set up Johnson for a run in 2016.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
ron paul would be a great president obviously. i don't know about johnson though. there may be a better vp candidate and paul may be forced to take on a more moderate republican to win.

I want johnson to join Rand and Lee in the senate!

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
in 2012 the only way i will vote republican for Prez is if Ron Paul is the nominee or Gary Johnson. there is no one is else left in the gop with any credibility! if the gop fails to nominate Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. I will be forced to vote for someone other then a Republican!!

i wish rand paul luck in kentucky but rand paul is not an option in 2012!! Ron Paul is!!! Ron Paul or Gary Johnson if neither?? then i suspect the gop to be dead on arrival for 2012 election!!

the dems could run osama bin laden in 2012 and i wouldn't vote for a republican unless it's Ron Paul or Gary Johnson!