PDA

View Full Version : Should I Support Senate Conservatives Fund?

DeadheadForPaul
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
So I've basically been wrapped up in Rand's race this entire election and haven't really participated in any other campaigns

The Senate Conservatives fund (run by Senator Demint of SC) supported Rand, so I signed up for their letter

I know their candidates are anti-ObamaCare, anti-spending, and pro-low taxes...but are they closer to Neo-cons, Traditional Conservatives (Buchanan), or libertarians?

I know nothing about Mike Lee, Ken Buck, Marco Rubio, Sharron Angle, and Pat Toomey

Are any good besides Rand?

And I know some people here don't like Rand - I'm asking the people who DO like Rand

Kotin
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Pat Toomey and Marco Rubio don't seem to be in line with a constitutionalist viewpoint.. The others more so and Ken Buck to a bit of a lesser extent..

Cowlesy
06-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Pat Toomey and Marco Rubio don't seem to be in line with a constitutionalist viewpoint.. The others more so and Ken Buck to a bit of a lesser extent..

Agree with this assessment.

Toomey and Rubio are 100% establishment guys no matter what their campaigns proclaim they are.

I have some hope for Sharron Angle and Mike Lee.

Ken Buck I don't know much about.

AuH2O
06-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Toomey and Rubio are 100% establishment guys no matter what their campaigns proclaim they are.

I disagree with this. Toomey and Rubio are more establishment than Rand, true. But 100%, not at all.

ChaosControl
06-23-2010, 11:03 AM
At the very least, they are all big improvements over what there is now.

LibertyMage
06-23-2010, 11:19 AM
No.

Demint is solid, but not that solid. Support candidates directly. Even better - support a local liberty initiative so you can start running your own liberty candidates.

DeadheadForPaul
06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Hmmm ok my assumptions seem to be supported by what yall said

Marco seems slimy based on that controversy regarding his use of public funds

I have great hope for Angle and Lee since they seem to be ordinary folks

Don't know anything about Buck

I'd probably throw Lee and Angle some money - wait to learn more about Buck

Demint isn't my favorite person but he'd be a serious improvement over Mitch

And even though I don't like Marco too much, he'd be an improvement over the status quo in FL

Elwar
06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
And even though I don't like Marco too much, he'd be an improvement over the status quo in FL

Even better: Alex Snitker (http://www.snitker2010.com)!

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
i would say they are on the ball with about 4 out of there 6 candidates. i don't think toomey and rubio are tea party candidates, and they are definitely not endorsed by ron paul.

however, mike lee and ken buck are both endorsed by ron, rand is an obvious yes, and sharron angle seems to be okay. i would probably vote for her to replace harry reid.

in regards to donating to the SCF i believe you can donate to a specific candidate.

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 12:57 PM

i agree ,as for Ken Buck he is on a very short Liberty Leash and if he fails in office. he will be out quicker then he got in(if he wins in the primary/general) !! Ken Buck isn't perfect but far better then choices we have and the only way Ken Buck can win in the general is if the Northern Liberty Group and CampaignforLiberty back him!! i would say Ken Buck is on a nice leash thanks to the Liberty Movement in Colorado. If Ken Buck doesn't tow the Liberty Line! then we stop feeding him! the only Reason Ken Buck is an option in the race is because of liberty-minded grassroots and campaignforliberty in Colorado. Bonnie Cannon is the SOUL OF THE GOP IN COLORADO!! the cogop in my eyes no longer pulls the strings in Colorado. they either follow or get out of the way! just my opinion!! what we have to battle in Colorado is the perception of the failed gop! that is really the battle everywhere! personally i think florida is screwed(build a fence on northern border of florida)

RCA
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Cut out the middle man and give directly to the candidates...i.e. Schiff.

RCA
06-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Even better: Alex Snitker (http://www.snitker2010.com)!

What about John Wayne?

http://www.johnwayne4gov.com/

dean.engelhardt
06-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Toomey is a terrible candidate.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Hmmm ok my assumptions seem to be supported by what yall said

Marco seems slimy based on that controversy regarding his use of public funds

I have great hope for Angle and Lee since they seem to be ordinary folks

Don't know anything about Buck

I'd probably throw Lee and Angle some money - wait to learn more about Buck

Demint isn't my favorite person but he'd be a serious improvement over Mitch

Alexander Snitker (Though there are some positions he really needs to dump -- FairTax ._.) :p Rubio isn't any better than the D's from FL.

erowe1
06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I disagree with this. Toomey and Rubio are more establishment than Rand, true. But 100%, not at all.

I'd rate Toomey as 100% establishment Republican. His own Club for Growth gave him a lower grade when he was in Congress than it gave Specter in the Senate. With Rubio I think the jury is still out.

I doubt that I would support the SCF personally. But I understand why you'd consider it, and I can't say that nothing would change my mind. They're definitely better than the RNC/NRSC/NRCC. And it would be nice to have more influence in their decisions than just some nameless nobody who never gave them money emailing them and telling them what to do. But I'd rather not have any of my money go to candidates like Toomey when I can just donate directly to better candidates or to other PACs that are less powerful but more pure.

TCE
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Rubio is endorsed by pretty much everyone you don't want to hear an endorsement from. Giving directly to the candidates>giving to the SCF. It's like giving to a middle man, the middle man takes some money for himself and then gives whatever is left to the intended recipient.