PDA

View Full Version : GOP Ending Marijuana Prohibition/Winning Issue

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Ending Marijuana is going to be a winning issue in 2010 and the future as science proves to the flat-earthers(anti-marijuana folks) that the earth is round( aka as marijuana is one of the safest therapeutic substances known to mankind from DEA judge young and 5000 yrs of common sense)

End Insanity Of The War on Drugs—RON PAUL
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241163&highlight=marijuana+politics
Glenn Beck: "On The Message, I'm Much More Ron Paul Than Sarah Palin"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=250149
More evidence Ron Paul ideas are taking over the GOP!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=250258
Ron Paul: GOP more open to libertarian in 2012
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=250301
Libertarian Voters Come From Democratic and Republican Parties Nearly Equally.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=250196

bottom line, the gop can practice what they preach or ignore this REAL ISSUE!

Ending Marijuana Prohibition is the right thing to do and the principled thing to do! This issue is bigger then Marijuana and anyone willing to defend 75 plus yrs of lies and propaganda should be held accountable and removed from office!!

it is time to remove the flat-earthers from office asap!!

justinc.1089
06-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, I agree in some places it would be a winning issue, but sadly in most places being for legalizing pot would be a losing issue still.

South Carolina where I'm at is a good example of that. If a candidate says they want to end the drug war here, they will go down in flames.

Why? What voters still support that stuff?

Well, mostly personally I blame it on the old people. Most of them like 55 and up tend to be for the drug war because they want to enforce morality on people, and save them from themselves.

And they happen to outnumber people younger than them voting by like 20 to 1. I think where I vote, (I'm 21), I am literally outnumbered by people 55 and up 1 to 60.

1 to 60.

I am fairly certain there are no other young people in my precinct that vote, but there are tons of older people. And thats not even counting people from like 25 or 30 to like 55 or 60. Most of them would be against legalizing pot too.

However, in another 10-20 years, ending the drug war will probably be a winning issue almost everywhere.

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2010, 11:27 PM
It will help when 50 million unemployed American can alleviate the pain of Serfdom and frigin minimum wage crap jobs this government has created... or should I say the middle class that government destroyed.

Kregisen
06-22-2010, 11:35 PM
However, in another 10-20 years, ending the drug war will probably be a winning issue almost everywhere.

I guarantee marijuana will be legal in the majority of U.S. states before 2020....starting with California in November, which will easily pass.

Marijuana accounts for the majority of funds used on the drug war, so although it's not all of it, it's a great first step.

TCE
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM
The "we can tax it to death to pay for our huge debts" argument is regularly tossed around in the State Legislatures these days. While I don't like the rationale, the end result is still nice.

As Kregisen stated, California should legalize it in November and the more liberal states will follow.

TigerPrwn
06-22-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=1195

End the War on Drugs by Ron Paul

We have recently heard many shocking stories of brutal killings and ruthless violence related to drug cartels warring with Mexican and US officials. It is approaching the fever pitch of a full blown crisis. Unfortunately, the administration is not likely to waste this opportunity to further expand government. Hopefully, we can take a deep breath and look at history for the optimal way to deal with this dangerous situation, which is not unprecedented.

Alcohol prohibition in the 1920’s brought similar violence, gangs, lawlessness, corruption and brutality. The reason for the violence was not that making and selling alcohol was inherently dangerous. The violence came about because of the creation of a brutal black market which also drove profits through the roof. These profits enabled criminals like Al Capone to become incredibly wealthy, and militantly defensive of that wealth. Al Capone saw the repeal of Prohibition as a great threat, and indeed smuggling operations and gangland violence fell apart after repeal. Today, picking up a bottle of wine for dinner is a relatively benign transaction, and beer trucks travel openly and peacefully along their distribution routes.

Similarly today, the best way to fight violent drug cartels would be to pull the rug out from under their profits by bringing these transactions out into the sunlight. People who, unwisely, buy drugs would hardly opt for the back alley criminal dealer as a source, if a coffeehouse-style dispensary was an option. Moreover, a law-abiding dispensary is likely to check ID’s and refuse sale to minors, as bars and ABC stores tend to do very diligently. Think of all the time and resources law enforcement could save if they could instead focus on violent crimes, instead of this impossible nanny-state mandate of saving people from themselves!

If these reasons don’t convince the drug warriors, I would urge them to go back to the Constitution and consider where there is any authority to prohibit private personal choices like this. All of our freedoms – the freedom of religion and assembly, the freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, the right to be free from unnecessary government searches and seizures – stem from the precept that you own yourself and are responsible for your own choices. Prohibition laws negate self-ownership and are an absolute affront to the principles of freedom. I disagree vehemently with the recreational use of drugs, but at the same time, if people are only free to make good decisions, they are not truly free. In any case, states should decide for themselves how to handle these issues and the federal government should respect their choices.

My great concern is that instead of dealing deliberatively with the actual problems, Congress will be pressed again to act quickly without much thought or debate. I can’t think of a single problem we haven’t made worse that way. The panic generated by the looming crisis in Mexico should not be redirected into curtailing more rights, especially our second amendment rights, as seems to be in the works. Certainly, more gun laws in response to this violence will only serve to disarm lawful citizens. This is something to watch out for and stand up against. We have escalated the drug war enough to see it only escalates the violence and profits associated with drugs. It is time to try freedom instead.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:22 AM
the people are forcing the issue in many states through direct democracy. the gop may not even have to make it an issue anymore, although i would rather have them against the prohibition.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
get everyone in california to vote for legalization in november! vote, vote, vote!

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 12:28 AM
I wish that more people would start taking this more seriously, and I don't give a DAMN about "the image". It is a matter of life and death and I want to PERSONALLY thank speciallyblend for his absolute HAMMERING on this issue. It is people like specially that keep it real.

Kludge
06-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Black markets fund domestic terrorism and weaken the government. Giving up such a safe drug to the Government for taxation/regulation is dangerous, irresponsible, and short-sighted. There are a fair number of people who rely on bud sale for income, and removing that revenue stream would push them into pushing harder drugs. Many users (esp. those who primarily use weed) do not currently have dealers for harder drugs, but if supply of safe tax-free bureaucracy-free revenue is eliminated, those users will have dealers.

... + they have Cajun-Chicken-flavored Ramen in jail.

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 12:36 AM
get everyone in california to vote for legalization in november! vote, vote, vote!

Legalization will be on the ballot in Colorado in 2012;) plus it will be in many forms on many local ballots in colorado in 2010.

It can be a winning issue in many states once the failed gop exposes the lies on marijuana. once this is done the older folks will eventually listen! everyday we grow closer to legalized Marijuana as the flat-earthers fall of the earth literally!!

in summit county colorado the simple question for politicians will be yes or no on ending marijuana prohibition. if they answer no. a 72% voter base will remove them from office:) luckily in our 3 counties lake,summit and eagle. we have had majority voter blocks on legalized marijuana!!!

the gop has a chance to actually stand for smaller government. i expect if the gop falls asleep at the wheel again. the dems will use marijuana legalization to destroy the cogop in future elections.

the gop in colorado will either end marijuana prohibition or end up alienating themselves in Colorado!! as our local sheriff did. they will flip like the wind. when they realize the voter base can remove them. in less then 2 yrs sheriff john minor was against medical marijuana and legalized marijuana and now suddenly he is for medical marijuana and legalized marijuana. i have to say a 72% voter base made him see the light;)

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
plack markets fund domestic terrorism and weaken the government. Giving up such a safe drug to the Government for taxation/regulation is dangerous, irresponsible, and short-sighted. There are a fair number of people who rely on bud sale for income, and removing that revenue stream would push them into pushing harder drugs. Many users (esp. those who primarily use weed) do not currently have dealers for harder drugs, but if supply of safe tax-free bureaucracy-free revenue is eliminated, those users will have dealers.

... + they have Cajun-Chicken-flavored Ramen in jail.

Kludge, you f me up every time.
Are you saying that we should put up with Mexican Drug Cartels patrolling the Texas and AZ border b/c taxing Marijuana and allowing local dispenseries (and people in CO to grow up to 99 plants) would be worse?

Kludge
06-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Kludge, you f me up every time.
Are you saying that we should put up with Mexican Drug Cartels patrolling the Texas and AZ border b/c taxing Marijuana and allowing local dispenseries (and people in CO to grow up to 99 plants) would be worse?

You're assuming the drug cartels will just up and leave the drug business.

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 12:47 AM
I see what you are saying.
No they will just move on to heroin. Maybe they will enlist and head off to Afghanistan. :D

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 12:50 AM

well the free market will take care of drug cartels on marijuana, since the drug cartels suck at growing marijuana!!!! i got a nickel bag of the killer don't mind the 3.2 grams of seed in the crack bag. it is the killer man!!!

sorry but most cartel bud(inner cities of virignia aqnd most inner cities) sucked!!! cartel bud is stopped at the colorado border and refused by the colorado hippies. cartel weed is like trying to smoke cigs soaked in SH&t!!

colorado citizens would laugh to hard to smoke that cartel crap!!

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 12:51 AM
well the free market will take care of drug cartels on marijuana, since the drug cartels suck at growing marijuana!!!! i got a nickel bag of the killer don't mind the 3.2 grams of seed in the crack bag. it is the killer man!!!

sorry but most cartel bud(inner cities of virignia aqnd most inner cities) sucked!!! cartel bud is stopped at the colorado border and refused by the colorado hippies. cartel weed is like trying to smoke cigs soaked in SH&t!!

colorado citizens would laugh to hard to smoke that cartel crap!!

Yes, now this is the true free market. Offering a Legitmate, Medicinal Product.

Mexican Dirt Weed Sucks.

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 12:52 AM
I see what you are saying.
No they will just move on to heroin. Maybe they will enlist and head off to Afghanistan. :D

haha first show me a cartel that can grow bud worth a dam??? yet to see it, unless you count seedy ass cartel pot as marijuana(JJ) , i consider cartel marijuana to be arkansas ditchweed, rather smoke banana peels then cartel bud!!

mexican cartel weed is a joke in colorado. the only timei see anyone with that mexican crap is when we play jokes on friends and hand it to them as a joke:) kinda like museum weed. i had a bag of seedy mexican pot just to screw with friends when they came by!! i might of paid 5 bucks for it. was funny to watch my friends faces when they went to roll a joint;)

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 12:53 AM
haha first show me a cartel that can grow bud worth a dam??? yet to see it, unless you count seedy ass cartel pot as marijuana(JJ) , i consider cartel marijuana to be arkansas ditchweed, rather smoke banana peels then cartel bud!!
I edited my post. :D Perhaps some can relate to the comparison of old school American Made Products to Current Chinese Made Products.

speciallyblend
06-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I edited my post. :D Perhaps some can relate to the comparison of old school American Made Products to Current Chinese Made Products.

yeah i saw, i was just yappin, working overnight shift;)

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 01:00 AM

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 01:01 AM

they will be forced to. we can say they get the majority of their money from sales of drugs to United States. If we legalize marijuana in the United States where would it come from? It would come from people IN the United States growing it and selling it, NOT the Mexican drug cartels that control it today.

If Americans were allowed to cultivate their own clean marijuana, who would buy it from cartels in mexico? no one. Eventually, if the United States allows us to import it from other countries, and we decided to buy from Mexico, we would not buy from drug cartels, we would buy from companies that take over the market in Mexico.

justinc.1089
06-23-2010, 01:08 AM
It would come from places similar to where tobacco comes from today, probably. There's tobacco growing in fields within walking distance from me, as in only a couple of minutes of walking. And we probably import lots of tobacco too from different companies.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 01:09 AM
It would come from places similar to where tobacco comes from today, probably. There's tobacco growing in fields within walking distance from me, as in only a couple of minutes of walking. And we probably import lots of tobacco too from different companies.

yes, exactly. i don't see tobacco cartels on the mexican border shooting people and threatening border patrol over tobacco.

Kludge
06-23-2010, 01:16 AM
More than marijuana comes from Mexico. I am not arguing that there will be a continued black market for marijuana just because itīs taxed to shit. Iīm suggesting those drug cartels (and other suppliers) will simply remove marijuana from their business model and move into more dangerous drugs with higher stakes.

Pot dealers are asked for more than pot, often as a Hail Mary attempt to buy the drug because the user has run out of people to call (that is, there currently is NOT sufficient supply of hard drugs). The black market for pot is quite possibly the safest major black market in the US. Legalizing/taxing marijuana will push those dealers, who were not selling pot as a hobby, into dangerous markets which will expand as supply of tax-free profit disappears.

And on my initial argument, the drug war is inherently anti-government.

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 01:18 AM
More than marijuana comes from Mexico. I am not arguing that there will be a continued black market for marijuana just because itīs taxed to shit. Iīm suggesting those drug cartels (and other suppliers) will simply remove marijuana from their business model and move into more dangerous drugs with higher stakes.

Pot dealers are asked for more than pot, often as a Hail Mary attempt to buy the drug because the user has run out of people to call (that is, there currently is NOT sufficient supply of hard drugs). The black market for pot is quite possibly the safest major black market in the US. Legalizing/taxing marijuana will push those dealers, who were not selling pot as a hobby, into dangerous markets which will expand as supply of tax-free profit disappears.

And on my initial argument, the drug war is inherently anti-government.

earth to Kludge:
one has to SHIP OR FLY Heroin. What else comes from Mexico? B!7? Peyote?

oh wait, I forgot, shit infested vegetables.

Kludge
06-23-2010, 01:25 AM
earth to Kludge:
one has to SHIP OR FLY Heroin. What else comes from Mexico? B!7? Peyote?

Cocaine is a HUGE deal for Mexican Cartels which smuggle the drug over the border.

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Cocaine is a HUGE deal for Mexican Cartels which smuggle the drug over the border.

LOL

"Mexican Drug Cartels"

Surely you are smarter than that.
Can you say, THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT
I thought you could.

AND ONCE AGAIN- COCAINE IS NOT FROM MEXICO AND IS NOT "SMUGGLED IN"OVER THE MEXICAN BORDER. IT MUST BE SHIPPED OR FLOWN IN. GET A CLUE.

Kludge
06-23-2010, 01:40 AM

AND ONCE AGAIN- COCAINE IS NOT FROM MEXICO AND CANNOT BE "SMUGGLED IN"OVER THE MEXICAN BORDER. IT MUST BE SHIPPED OR FLOWN IN. GET A CLUE.

Oh. Good point. :rolleyes:

The drugs go through Mexico - through the Mexican cartels.

TigerPrwn
06-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Oh. Good point. :rolleyes:

The drugs go through Mexico - through the Mexican cartels.

LOL.
You crack me up.
I guess planes only land in Mexico.
Mexico: Land of the Planes

Oh wait, I guess, acc. to Kludge it is:
Mexico: Land of the Only Heroin and Cocaine Planes

Kregisen
06-23-2010, 02:28 AM

Which is why all drugs should be legalized. (well that and the freedom to put whatever you want in your own body)