PDA

View Full Version : I will keep the top post updated on Utah Senate race results

Original_Intent
06-22-2010, 08:35 PM
-------------Precints---------Reporting------Mike Lee-------------Tim Bridgewater
Totals ------2136 ------98.97% 2114 -----51.1% 92,544----- 48.9% 88,560

updating from http://electionresults.utah.gov/xmlData/300010.html

That's it for me tonight folks! Looks like a good chance it will be under 4,000 votes between them. Too close for my liking, but a win's a win!

klamath
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
this race looks like it is going to be close.

Original_Intent
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
bump

klamath
06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Down to only 51%

low preference guy
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Down to only 51%

fuck, this is going to be close.

Flash
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
51-49 now.

Original_Intent
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
40% reporting bump

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
mike lee needs to win,so the neo-cons know they are on their way out unless they morph into liberty-minded candidates. we already know the neo-cons are liars. we juyst need them to act like liberty-minded folks just never trust these liars. fire the neo-cons

Bergie Bergeron
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
This is going to be a close one !

AuH20
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Hmmm. Taken from RedState. It's close but the district revelations signal good news for Lee:

that the northern counties (most notably Davis and Weber) are Bridgewater friendly and 100% of Davis and 80% of Weber are in (they’re the 3rd & 4th largest counties in the state).

The southern portion of the state which tends to be a bit more conservative appears to be trending Lee and Utah County (home of BYU and Provo) and Washington County (St. George and one of the most conservative counties in the state) are at less than 25%.

As always in UT, SLC is the big dog and I’m happy to see Lee leading Bridgewater there with 20% in. Would love to be able to tell which precincts those are because Bridgewater lives in Draper in the southern part of the county so it would be interesting to know if those precincts are in yet.

Original_Intent
06-22-2010, 09:57 PM
50% bump. Lee has never been behind, but it's bounced between 1,000 and 2,000 votes separating. It's all going to depend on the late precincts. I think Bridgewater is doing well in a lot of the rural areas that seem to be slow coming in.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 10:00 PM
bump for toady.

..........Precincts.........Reporting............. Mike Lee..................Tim Bridgewater
Totals..2136.............. 51.87% 1108........51.29% 52,842.........48.71% 50,193

trey4sports
06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
mike lee sounds familiar... is he a solid libert candidate or a sanford-esque semi liberty candidate?

low preference guy
06-22-2010, 10:06 PM
mike lee sounds familiar... is he a solid libert candidate or a sanford-esque semi liberty candidate?

i am not sure, but "sanford-esque" is really good.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM

He is right with Dr. Paul when it comes to monetary policy and austrian economics. How about that?

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
looks like bridgewater is coming back. the race is really close. he seems to have a lock on the north counties, but is still behind in SLC by only a few hundred votes. Lee's small lead is being attacked on all fronts. I hope Lee can keep the lead and fight it out later if necessary with Bridgewater.

Lee is Paul Paul endorsed candidate I believe and Bridgewater is endorsed by Bennett who was ousted early this month.

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
damn, bridgewater just passed up lee in SLC. He is now ahead by about 30 votes and momentum is with him. Shit..

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
the gop establishment needs their hands slapped at every possible step in every state! i hope this is interpreted as a face slap to the failed gop establishment in utah and around the country. the more establishment candidates we send packing in the gop. the faster the gop will change its tune to our winds of change!!if the gop establishment cannot see the writing on the wall. then they deserve to lose again and again!

if republicans do not nominate mike lee. then they deserve to lose in general!

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
lee is up by 3 percent 3500 votes which is a very good thing. Lee looks to be coming back in the northern districts.

60 percent reporting. GO LEE!

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:14 PM
the gop establishment needs their hands slapped at every possible step in every state! i hope this is interpreted as a face slap to the failed gop establishment in utah and around the country. the more establishment candidates we send packing in the gop. the faster the gop will change its tune to our winds of change!!if the gop establishment cannot see the writing on the wall. then they deserve to lose again and again!

the republican will never lose in the utah general know matter who it was. look at the results from the last election in 2006. 70 something to twenty something.lol

AuH20
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM

Bennett, Romney and Bridgewater, all could be the big losers in this. On top of it, Bridgewater campaign had the gall to go after DeMint a few days ago. They could very well all take it on the chin.

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Lee is also up by heft margins, more than a thousand votes in Washington County in the south and Utah County right below SLC.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
looks like bridgewater is coming back. the race is really close. he seems to have a lock on the north counties, but is still behind in SLC by only a few hundred votes. Lee's small lead is being attacked on all fronts. I hope Lee can keep the lead and fight it out later if necessary with Bridgewater.

Lee's lead has been steadily increasing over the past 30 minutes or so, from 1 thousand to over 4 thousand now.

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Bennett, Romney and Bridgewater, all could be the big losers in this. On top of it, Bridgewater campaign had the gall to go after DeMint a few days ago. They could very well all take it on the chin.

wow, Romney endorsed him too!?? Wow, i hope they lose and are sorry they weren't better people..ha

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Lee's lead has been steadily increasing over the past 30 minutes or so, from 1 thousand to over 4 thousand now.

ya, i was wrong before..

Lead at 4,345!

AuH20
06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
wow, Romney endorsed him too!?? Wow, i hope they lose and are sorry they weren't better people..ha

Romney originally endorsed Bennett. Then Bennett threw his support behind Bridgewater, after ole Bob was summarily dismissed. All I know is that the establishment isn't enamored with Lee. ;)

klamath
06-22-2010, 10:23 PM
bridgewater is opening up a lead in SL county. not good.

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
send them packing. the big news tomorrow should be the failed gop establoshment got their ass whooped.

TCE
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
As of right now, the following counties are still not in (number of precincts missing are in parentheses): 70.04% of the precincts reporting.

Grand (1)
Iron (25)
Kane (1)
Millard (9)
Salt Lake (449)
San Juan (9)
Sanpete (12)
Sevier (8)
Utah (95)
Wasatch (5)
Washington (26)

This Primary will be decided by Salt Lake County.

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
lee still up by about 4100 votes. if he is up by more then this in the next 15 % precincts in im going to say they will call if for lee! that's just my guess.

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
this sums up what needs to happen to the failed neo-con gop!!

YouTube - MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch Theme Song 2000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7joO9vKac)

Bergie Bergeron
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Looking good.

TCE
06-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Lee is starting to even out a bit in Salt Lake County, good sign.

AuH20
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Bridgewater is running out of districts. I don't think the votes are there. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST?!? :D

YouTube - Queen - Another One Bites The Dust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo)

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Bridgewater is running out of districts. I don't think the votes are there. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST?!? :D

YouTube - Queen - Another One Bites The Dust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo)

omg, after high school band i hated that song. good song but after having to play it 100 million times in band. it took yrs for me to like it again;)

hey heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hey hey hey heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bump bump bump another one bites the dust!!!

TigerPrwn
06-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I am no Beck fan, but let's hope that:

#1 Utah listened to Glenn Beck yesterday when he ripped Bridgewater
#2 They don't pull a Diebold Maneuver

:D

speciallyblend
06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
YouTube - Slayer - South Of Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLtTa2trRs)

this song fits for the failed gop establishment!! hopefully they will feel the fire on their feet!!

AuH20
06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
That Mike Lee character sounds like a certain grayhaired congressman from Texas!:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49522938-76/lee-republican-senate-rolly.html.csp

There’s more » Lee was interviewed Saturday on Red Meat Radio, hosted by state Sen. Howard Stephenson, and talked about how the Constitution has been misunderstood and misapplied over the years. He said he plans to go to Washington and “educate” the Senate on the true meaning of the Constitution.

TCE
06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
77% now, Bridgewater is up in Salt Lake but Lee is ahead in Utah County. This one might still have a bit of drama left in it. This should be decided within the next 30 15 minutes, though.

Bergie Bergeron
06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
84,36% reporting, Mike Lee still holding steady at 51.5

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
looks like Lee takes it! congratulations to the next senator from utah!

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
He is also Ron Paul endorsed!
He will absolutely be an asset to Republicans and Rand!

http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-06-15/ron-paul-endorses-mike-lee-for-u-s-senate/

klamath
06-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Big defeat for Romney on this one to.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2T0Ya_U4gN8/TCGU8y6o0NI/AAAAAAAAAOw/CqpF63wNl5Y/Toady%20-%20cutme01.jpg

*aaawww dang, i wasn't fast enough

White Knight
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, called for Lee!

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2010, 11:21 PM
looks like Lee takes it! congratulations to the next senator from utah!

Need to get rid of the Utah NEOCON FOSSIL RINO Orrin Hatch next go around... that Elitist has been in Congress almost 40 years.

http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-news-wires/2010/0623/Mike-Lee-wins-Utah-GOP-Senate-nomination

Mike Lee wins Utah GOP Senate nomination

Mike Lee was chosen by Utah Republicans as their nominee for U.S. Senate on Tuesday.
\ http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/06-23-mike-lee/8190416-1-eng-US/06-23-mike-lee_full_380.jpg (http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/06-23-mike-lee/8190416-1-eng-US/06-23-mike-lee_full_600.jpg)

Mike Lee, Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate, talks on the phone as he watches early election results come in on Tuesday June 22, 2010 in South Jordan, Utah.

Brock Vergakis (http://www.csmonitor.com/About/Contact-Us-Feedback), AP / June 23, 2010 Salt Lake City

Utah Republicans chose their nominee for the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, selecting a legal scholar who grew up in a family of lawyers and fondly recalls discussing the Constitution over childhood dinners.

Mike Lee is the overwhelming favorite to win in November and replace Sen. Bob Bennett, who was ousted at the Republican convention in May amid a wave of anti-incumbent rage around the country.
Lee and businessman Tim Bridgewater beat out Bennett at the convention to advance to Tuesday's primary.Lee won on Tuesday, earning a nearly a 5,000 vote lead with 84 percent of precincts reporting for about 51 percent of the vote.
Lee's mission is simple should he get elected: limit the role of government to what the founding fathers intended it to be. He wants to cut federal spending, repeal the new federal health care reform law, suspend congressional earmarks and mandate term limits.
Lee, 38, is a former clerk to Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito and briefly served as former Gov. Jon Huntsman's general counsel. His father, Rex Lee, was a Brigham Young University law school dean and solicitor general under President Ronald Reagan, and his brother Tom Lee has been nominated to the Utah Supreme Court.
Lee readily acknowledges his childhood was different from most. He frequently tells tales of attending Supreme Court hearings with his father when he was 10 years old.
"It helped me develop an understanding of how the operations of government really do end up having an impact on people's lives. My dad was really good at explaining to us in very practical terms what his cases were about, why they were important, and being there and seeing him in action sort of helped me understand that," Lee said.
Lee and Bridgewater rose to prominence by promising to be more conservative than Bennett while reining in federal spending. Lee frequently dazzled GOP convention delegates by citing from memory articles and clauses in the Constitution.
With Bennett out of the race, it was difficult to distinguish the two Republican candidates.
Both said they wanted to overhaul the process of awarding home-district pet projects while drastically cutting federal spending.
The two turned to criticizing each other's professional career choices. Lee attacked Bridgewater for working with a company that accepted federal stimulus money. Bridgewater said there were too many lawyers in Washington already.
Some voters said it was difficult choosing between them.
"Can I have half of one and half of the other? Seriously. I wish I could. I like Mike Lee's enthusiasm and go get 'em. I like Tim Bridgewater's business experience," said Alicia Jemmatt, a Salt Lake City voter, who ultimately chose Bridgewater.

Utah's six-term senator, Sen. Orrin Hatch, did not endorse a candidate in the primary. Bennett endorsed Bridgewater.

Lee said he would have welcomed Bennett's backing, but he had plenty of endorsements of his own. They included the support of Attorney General Mark Shurtleff and Sen. Jim Demint, R-S.C.

One of the founders of Utah's tea party movement, David Kirkham, endorsed Bridgewater. The California-based Tea Party Express spent $30,000 supporting Lee in the campaign's closing days, mostly on radio advertisements.

Lee advances to face Democratic nominee Sam Granato, a political newcomer who is a restaurateur and chairman of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

TigerPrwn
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Orrin Hatch is a Nationalized Public Radio favorite. Their Supreme Court Case "reporter" loves interviewing Orrin Hatch after any supreme court decsion. It is disgusting to listen to. That tells you something right there.

AuH20
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Listen to this schmuck Bennett bloviate about his seniority and power. The old guard can kiss my ass:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11254354

SALT LAKE CITY -- Outgoing Sen. Bob Bennett, R-Utah, says his replacement likely will have a tough time getting anything done as a newcomer in Washington.

Those competing to be Utah's next U.S. senator say they want to change Washington. But Bennett says in reality, the new senator likely won't have much influence. He says it can take years to earn enough respect to start influencing other senators to the point of enacting policy.

Bennett also points out the new senator won't be given Bennett's powerful seat on the appropriations committee.

Bennett was defeated in his bid for a fourth term by challengers Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee at the GOP state convention last month. Those two square off in Tuesday's primary election. The winner will face Democrat Sam Granato in November.

TCE
06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Good. Someone shouldn't be a powerful politician for over 30 years anyway. It isn't like Bennett would be able to have any influence with only 41 Republican Senators anyway. One Senator can't do anything, he's right, but the solution isn't to keep putting in bad ones because one doesn't matter. Angle+Rand+Lee is a great starting point.

klamath
06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Listen to this schmuck Bennett bloviate about his seniority and power. The old guard can kiss my ass:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11254354

This exactly why Bennet had to go. In his powerful position he influenced to many other republican senators to vote FOR the bailout.

Ricky201
06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the Utah Senate race. Looking at his website I wasn't really all that impressed with Mike Lee besides him being able to oust the old guard...so why are we so focused on this race? Just curious...

Original_Intent
06-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the Utah Senate race. Looking at his website I wasn't really all that impressed with Mike Lee besides him being able to oust the old guard...so why are we so focused on this race? Just curious...

Mostly Ron Paul and Jim DeMint endorsed. If he sticks to his guns on the economics, his foreign policy will be FORCED to come around.

specsaregood
06-23-2010, 10:24 AM
If he sticks to his guns on the economics, his foreign policy will be FORCED to come around.

Exactly. It's how the liberty/non-interventionist wing can trick/get past the neocon guardians at the gate.