PDA

View Full Version : Food group to sue McDonalds over toys

Fox McCloud
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
WASHINGTON - A Washington-based consumer advocacy group threatened to file a lawsuit against McDonald's Tuesday, charging that the fast food chain 'unfairly and deceptively' markets toys to children through its Happy Meals.

"McDonald's marketing has the effect of conscripting America's children into an unpaid drone army of word-of-mouth marketers, causing them to nag their parents to bring them to McDonald's," Stephen Gardner of the Center for Science in the Public Interest wrote to the heads of the chain in a letter announcing the lawsuit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37853089/ns/business-consumer_news/?gt1=43001

Wow, this gets headline news and is considered important, while other things like foreign policy, economic debates, etc go unnoticed.

Seriously, I hate advocacy groups, I really do...

MelissaWV
06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37853089/ns/business-consumer_news/?gt1=43001

Wow, this gets headline news and is considered important, while other things like foreign policy, economic debates, etc go unnoticed.

Seriously, I hate advocacy groups, I really do...

They do this from time to time, yes.

Frankly nearly every food place now has some kind of "Kids' Meal" with a toy, or a coloring book, or placemat, or something... unless they're a nice restaurant.

Yet another reason to eat at a nice restaurant :)

angelatc
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Frankly nearly every food place now has some kind of "Kids' Meal" with a toy, or a coloring book, or placemat, or something... unless they're a nice restaurant.

Bah - you sound like someone who gets either lost in the little maze or can't win a game of dots. (Like me.)

dannno
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
What a bunch of Nazis.

jmdrake
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM

I like the placemats and coloring books. They are a good way to occupy my....I mean my kids time.

LittleLightShining
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Bah - you sound like someone who gets either lost in the little maze or can't win a game of dots. (Like me.)

When we go to places that have these I make my 12yo get one so I can color.

angelatc
06-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd like to know why these people have standing to sue, yet when one of us tries to sue over things like getting the border enforced or making Obama show his birth certificate, we're told it isn't our place.