PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Deepwater Drilling Ban Overturned

angelatc
06-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Obama's Deepwater Drilling Ban Lifted by New Orleans Federal Judge

Lawyers for the drilling companies told Feldman the moratorium illegally sidesteps a required industry comment period. They also said regulators failed to tell Obama that all active deepwater rigs passed an immediate re-inspection after the Deepwater Horizon exploded and sank, with only two rigs reporting minor violations and the rest getting approval to continue operations.

Bruno
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Funny, I was hearing on NPR yesterday that "there is little to no chance that it will be overturned".

angelatc
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I just saw a liberal tweet it, with "How?" as a comment. Hard to remember he isn't a dictator yet, I suppose.

low preference guy
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
niceeeeee.

phill4paul
06-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Now the scramble for the appeal before the 5th Circuit goes on scheduled vacation.

tangent4ronpaul
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More egg on OH-Bomb-us's face!

Hope FOX and the rest run with this!

-t

jmdrake
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Funny, I was hearing on NPR yesterday that "there is little to no chance that it will be overturned".

LOL. In other words "I'm sure we've done such a good job sensationalizing this that no judge would dare rule against us."

NPR lost most credibility with me when they lied about Cynthia McKinney.

What little credibility they had was further diminished when Juan Williams said in 2007 "There are no antiwar republicans in this year's presidential race". :mad: (And yes, that's the same Juan Williams that is on Fox news. Come to think of it, several NPR commentators do double duty at Fox. Hmmmmmmm.....)

Bruno
06-22-2010, 01:02 PM
LOL. In other words "I'm sure we've done such a good job sensationalizing this that no judge would dare rule against us."

NPR lost most credibility with me when they lied about Cynthia McKinney.

What little credibility they had was further diminished when Juan Williams said in 2007 "There are no antiwar republicans in this year's presidential race". :mad: (And yes, that's the same Juan Williams that is on Fox news. Come to think of it, several NPR commentators do double duty at Fox. Hmmmmmmm.....)

Yeah, that guy was pouring it on pretty thick yesterday.

freshjiva
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Wow, this is great news.

Could this be a major political blow to Obama?