PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Nobody made these guys (American troops) to go to war.... [Mod: False Info]

wildfirepower
06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
HERE IS Obama's RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

How in the world did a person with this mindset become USA President?

Krugerrand
06-22-2010, 08:26 AM
link?

LittleLightShining
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp

Elwar
06-22-2010, 08:37 AM
He also said that a baby's brain in the morning is the best breakfast you can eat to live past 200.

catdd
06-22-2010, 08:51 AM
He really is an elitist dipshit, isn't he.

orafi
06-22-2010, 08:58 AM
This isn't believable at all.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
This isn't believable at all.

Anybody thinking this is real once you get to the 2nd paragraph isn't thinking clearly.

rprprs
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks, good to know the genesis of this. But one really shouldn't have had to go there to know that words like those in the OP would never have come out of Obama's mouth.

Fredom101
06-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Snopes isn't always reliable, lots of BS in snopes.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Snopes isn't always reliable, lots of BS in snopes.

Often claimed and hardly ever supported by the facts. Can you point to one such BS? (excluding the obama birth certificate which is debatable) Thanks in advance.

wildfirepower
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
link?

Do not know who is saying the truth.

BlackTerrel
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Do not know who is saying the truth.

Pretty easy to figure out:

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Does that really sound like Obama? If I was going to make up a lie I would make it far more believable than that.

phill4paul
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes: Can we do better than this?

Danke
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
He also said that a baby's brain in the morning is the best breakfast you can eat to live past 200.

Obama says that too? I keep hearing that advice from my great great great great grandpa when I visit him in Florida.

angelatc
06-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Often claimed and hardly ever supported by the facts. Can you point to one such BS? (excluding the obama birth certificate which is debatable) Thanks in advance.

There's lots of liberal slant to Snopes. Obama not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem comes to mind immediately. Lots of excuses, almost ignoring the fact that his critics are correct and that the correct protocol really does require him to put his hand over his heart.

Another one I read involved a reported miracle that happened during the Indonesian Tsunami. Obviously it wasn't true, because they said so.

There's also intentionally false information in Snopes. Mr Ed was played a zebra, if it's still there.