PDA

View Full Version : 10-15% of 1 billion Muslims terrorist?

jbrace
06-22-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm at a lecture and a slide is qouted as saying: " I would say 10 to 15 percent of the 1 billion terrorists or supporters of terrorism. But I would like to hear from the other side, a voice that says we are sorry for what happened." - Anish Sharrosh author of Islam Revealed

lester1/2jr
06-22-2010, 07:23 AM
brown people in particular can make a ton of money bashing islam. brigette gabriel, walid shoebat, they all cleaned up diong so post 9-11.

why would I care if muslims feel bad abuot terrorism? that's like asking indians to feel bad about shooting at cowboys. get out of their countries then ask them

Elwar
06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
statistics and collectivism....powerful propaganda.

marc1888
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm at a lecture and a slide is qouted as saying: " I would say 10 to 15 percent of the 1 billion terrorists or supporters of terrorism. But I would like to hear from the other side, a voice that says we are sorry for what happened." - Anish Sharrosh author of Islam Revealed

There are just under 1.6 billion muslims in the world. If 10 to 15% were terrorists we would be in real shit.

As for Anish Sharrosh he is a basket case. No i mean he really is a basket case. He was arrested a couple of years back for arson in a basement and nearly burning down a tower block. After a short stint in psychiatric care and some really good drugs he is back to claiming that all muslims are bogey men intent on murdering you in your bed and of course stealing your white women ;)

very credible is Anish. Very much loved by neocons and fascists.

Razmear
06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
...that's like asking indians to feel bad about shooting at cowboys. get out of their countries then ask them

This ^

Toureg89
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Michael Scheuer explains it pretty well, the number of people committing acts of terror is really low...the number of people who sympathize or understand why they do it is really high
exactly like liberty lovers and Joe Stack.

the number of people who sympathize with Joe Stack? probably everyone on this board.

the number of people on this board who are flying planes into IRS buildings? not very many of us (not the regulars users at least.)

statistics and collectivism....powerful propaganda.
+1

why would I care if muslims feel bad abuot terrorism? that's like asking indians to feel bad about shooting at cowboys. get out of their countries then ask them
this is how they would feel in regards to terrorism targeted at the US/Israel.

most terrorist attacks however, have LOCAL political goals (Taliban, PPK, exc.), and most of their victims are other muslims.

There are just under 1.6 billion muslims in the world. If 10 to 15% were terrorists we would be in real shit.
+1. there'd be a terrorist attack everyday. terrorists would number 160 mil people. we have an combat army of a couple hundred thousand. we would have been defeated in Iraq/Afghan. from YEAR ONE.

BlackTerrel
06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
There's a difference between supporting or being ok with terrorism and actually taking part in it.

I once read that there are 10,000 KKK members in the US. If all 10,000 of them suddenly started committing violence there would be some chaos. But while the vast majority of them might condone some actions, they are for the most part "peaceful" and obey the law. I assume that is the argument this guy is making about the 10-15%. I have no idea regarding the accuracy of his numbers - but I understand his argument.

Michael Scheuer explains it pretty well, the number of people committing acts of terror is really low, less than one percent even, the number of people who sympathize or understand why they do it is really high, probably upwards to 80% or higher in the Middle East specifically. Most of the don't agree with their tactics but understand their reasoning. Oh and Anish is pretty crazy. In 2008 he was arrested by Daphne City, Alabama police for arson

This makes the most sense.