PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: 'We Have a Moral Responsibility' to Preserve 'God's Beautiful Creation'

bobbyw24
06-22-2010, 05:28 AM
(CNSNews.com) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said last week that passing energy and climate change legislation is a “moral issue”—although, at the same time, she indicated that she is “agnostic” about what means should be used in legislation to reduce dependence on foreign oil and consumption of fossil fuels.

Pelosi also said the issue was about "God's beautiful creation" which we have a "moral responsibility" to preserve.

Pelosi was responding to a reporter who asked if she was disappointed that President Barack Obama, in calling for a new U.S. energy policy in his speech last Tuesday from the Oval Office, did not specifically advocated legislation that would limit U.S. carbon emissions, or so-called “cap-and-trade” legislation.

The House passed a cap-and-trade bill last year under Pelosi’s leadership, but a Senate cap-and-trade proposal, pushed by Sens. John Kerry (D.-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), has failed to gain traction. President Obama is set to meet this week with a group of senators to talk about energy legislation in an effort to build momentum in the Senate for some kind of bill.

In her Thursday press briefing, when asked about Obama’s failure to mention cap-and-trade, Pelosi said Congress had a “moral responsibility” to preserve “God’s beautiful creation” and reminded reporters that she had made energy and climate change legislation her “flagship issue.”

continue with video

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/68136

Kludge
06-22-2010, 05:30 AM
YouTube - Nancy Pelosi's Favorite Word (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSko2ixEB8U)

Ricky201
06-22-2010, 05:33 AM
By "God" she meant "Satan" right? John Dennis 2010!

dean.engelhardt
06-22-2010, 06:05 AM
So why does the Federal government force BP to drill for oil in high risk, deep water?

NewFederalist
06-22-2010, 06:19 AM
I find the irony incredible... Nancy Pelosi using the word "moral". What a hypocrite.

rprprs
06-22-2010, 06:21 AM
In my little world, Nancy's core statement is correct here. We DO have a moral responsibility to preserve God's* beautiful creation. But when that belief is extended to include stealing from the taxpayer to further a corporatist agenda favoring some businesses over others, it becomes quite a different story. In matters such as this, individual moral responsibility and lawful legislative authority of government do not go hand in hand.

*As an atheist, I would replace "God" with "Nature", but I don't want to get too 'nit-picky' here. :p

sevin
06-22-2010, 07:39 AM
YouTube - Nancy Pelosi's Favorite Word (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSko2ixEB8U)

Hasn't she heard?

YouTube - Family Guy - Bird is the Word 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeOGXGHYq40)

paulitics
06-22-2010, 08:18 AM
We have a moral responsibility to create a monumental Enron scheme to make ordinary citizens pay 5 times as much for energy to further line the pockets of Goldman Sachs and other worthless traders of derivatives and other financial scams.

We have a moral responsibility to make energy become unaffordable to the poor, creating loss of independence, health, and even life.

We have a moral responsibility to create artificial scarcity to justify a higher price at the gas pump and elimation of all competition.

We have a moral responsibility to allow China to pollute and emit as much greenhouse gas as they like.

It is the liberal, loving thing to do. Corporations who support cap and trade like BP, Exxon, and Goldman Sachs love the earth so much. I'm so glad they are selflessly lobbying for this effort in order to save the earth from ourselves, us dirty humans.

roho76
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm so glad they are selflessly lobbying for this effort in order to save the earth from ourselves, us dirty humans.

This is why I believe in the reptilian theory because they obviously think they are not like us and have to protect us from ourselves. :rolleyes:

I don't really think they're reptilians but I do think they think they are. If that makes sense?

idirtify
06-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Speaking of DUTY, maybe Nancy herself could show a little effort by moving closer to work. How much energy does she spend flying home to California each week?

roho76
06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Speaking of DUTY, maybe Nancy herself could show a little effort by moving closer to work. How much energy does she spend flying home to California each week?

Fa la la la la la Bamba. :eek: Just saying.

Fredom101
06-22-2010, 09:12 AM
(CNSNews.com) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said last week that passing energy and climate change legislation is a “moral issue”—although, at the same time, she indicated that she is “agnostic” about what means should be used in legislation to reduce dependence on foreign oil and consumption of fossil fuels.

Pelosi also said the issue was about "God's beautiful creation" which we have a "moral responsibility" to preserve.

Pelosi was responding to a reporter who asked if she was disappointed that President Barack Obama, in calling for a new U.S. energy policy in his speech last Tuesday from the Oval Office, did not specifically advocated legislation that would limit U.S. carbon emissions, or so-called “cap-and-trade” legislation.

The House passed a cap-and-trade bill last year under Pelosi’s leadership, but a Senate cap-and-trade proposal, pushed by Sens. John Kerry (D.-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), has failed to gain traction. President Obama is set to meet this week with a group of senators to talk about energy legislation in an effort to build momentum in the Senate for some kind of bill.

In her Thursday press briefing, when asked about Obama’s failure to mention cap-and-trade, Pelosi said Congress had a “moral responsibility” to preserve “God’s beautiful creation” and reminded reporters that she had made energy and climate change legislation her “flagship issue.”

continue with video

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/68136

Hahaha we have a moral responsibility to steal more money from people's pockets at gunpoint and keep building world government!

Zulator
06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
This is why I believe in the reptilian theory because they obviously think they are not like us and have to protect us from ourselves. :rolleyes:

I don't really think they're reptilians but I do think they think they are. If that makes sense?

Have you ever seen the movie "They Live"?

http://static.open.salon.com/files/trash_cinephile_they_live1231870702.jpg

I have often thought there is something "different" about certain people. Look for them to make everything a "moral" issue, the "moral" equivalent of war, or a "civil right". It's meant to ridicule the person who opposes it, right out of the Alinsky playbook.

Working Poor
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
We have a moral responsibility to create a monumental Enron scheme to make ordinary citizens pay 5 times as much for energy to further line the pockets of Goldman Sachs and other worthless traders of derivatives and other financial scams.

We have a moral responsibility to make energy become unaffordable to the poor, creating loss of independence, health, and even life.

We have a moral responsibility to create artificial scarcity to justify a higher price at the gas pump and elimation of all competition.

We have a moral responsibility to allow China to pollute and emit as much greenhouse gas as they like.

It is the liberal, loving thing to do. Corporations who support cap and trade like BP, Exxon, and Goldman Sachs love the earth so much. I'm so glad they are selflessly lobbying for this effort in order to save the earth from ourselves, us dirty humans.

I hee ya:cool:

MelissaWV
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree that I have a moral responsibility to preserve God's beautiful creation.

Notice I used the word "I." I'm not going to speak for you. I don't believe the Government should be cramming this issue down everyone's throats. Furthermore, even if we accept the premise as universal, the Government's idea of "preserving" is laughable at best.

tremendoustie
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM

continue with video

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/68136 (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/68136)

The US government is by far the biggest polluter around. Perhaps if Peloci values the earth she should downsize the government.

And don't even get me started about her speaking about what's "moral". It's like lady gaga preaching about modesty.

angelatc
06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Pelosi: 'We Have a Moral Responsibility' to Preserve 'God's Beautiful Creation'

I wonder how much petroleum is used in creating the plastic they inject into her face?

roho76
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I wonder how much petroleum is used in creating the plastic they inject into her face?

:eek::eek::eek:
:D:D:D

MelissaWV
06-22-2010, 12:04 PM

That is not one of God's beautiful creations... that's a movie villain.

http://thezipkin.com/wp-content/uploads/gary-oldman-hannibal.jpg

(Side note... wow... I didn't know that was Gary Oldman under there!)

Kylie
06-22-2010, 12:53 PM
My God I despise that woman.

She is so.....so....ugh, I'm still pulling for her to fall face first into a bucket of aids.

If she does finally kick the bucket(I say "if" because we don't know that she isn't already a zombie) I will gladly travel to her grave to take a shit on it.

Fox McCloud
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree, we do have a moral responsibility to preserve the Lord's creation, which is precisely why we need only property rights to safeguard the earth.

TC95
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Everything's a moral issue now. Health care was a moral issue. Cap and trade is a moral issue. Just tell everybody they're immoral if they don't agree with all the laws you wanna pass.

RCA
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I thought all Democrats were atheist?