PDA

View Full Version : Independent?

emptypepsi
06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Does Ron Paul plan to run as an Independent if he is not able to get the Republican nod? I'm not sure if he has said so, but I was wondering just the same. :)

BTW, I'm brand new to this forum. I found out about Ron Paul about three months ago and have been trying to spread the word as best as I can.

Aside from ordering the pins from his website, are there any Ron Paul T-shirts for sale anywhere? There don't seem to be any on his website...

Thanks

hambone1982
06-07-2007, 09:37 PM
You can get tons of Ron Paul stuff on www.cafepress.com. Not all of it is from the offical campaign - but there are others out there selling stuff. Check out http://www.ronpaulrevolution.com - I've ordered a couple of shirts, mugs and mouse pads from them.

gocubsgo
06-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Does Ron Paul plan to run as an Independent if he is not able to get the Republican nod? I'm not sure if he has said so, but I was wondering just the same. :)

He said he wouldn't because being a third party candidate is extremey tough. You spend all your energy getting on the ballot in each state; however if campaign donations continue to pour in and he doesn't get the nom....he'll have the cash to run as an independent.

james1906
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
if rudy mcromson and hillary get the nominations, except some awkward 'united front' of libertarians, trad conservatives, liberals, greens, and others opposed to the war to form.

AgentSmith
06-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Lets not worry about this until the time comes. The second Ron Paul so much as hints at running independent they will call him a traitor to the party, and thats not going to help him at all.

Richandler
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Ron will get the nod. We just have to make sure to keep telling our friends and family and co-workers, everyone!

emptypepsi
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I like the links, good stuff.

I am signed up in a Ron Paul meet-up group. I am trying to do everything I can help him get the nod and do well with his campaign.

Thanks again

EP

beermotor
06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
He will get the nomination - he has to. They simply do not have any other choice as a party. Rudy McRomneyson is UNELECTABLE in a GENERAL ELECTION. They are waking up to that fact. They will wise up when he wins or places second in some primaries.

It will happen. have faith!