PDA

View Full Version : Servin' and Protectin' file

BillyDkid
06-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Most of you probably read LRC, but in case you haven't seen this yet.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/59974.html

Is it any wonder so many people have a negative view of the police. The absurdity and stupidity, not to mention the callousness of this is appalling. I know there are many police who are wonderful human beings. Why they tolerate this sort of stupidity and and much worse is beyond me. They can shove the thin blue line up their asses.

Paulitical Correctness
06-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Newlywed Arrested After Rushing Wife to Hospital

Erin O'Neill
AOL News

(June 20) -- When a newlywed cancer survivor with a heart condition started showing stroke symptoms, her husband knew he needed to get her to the hospital immediately. Now, the new groom faces a felony charge from an encounter with a police officer he says delayed his wife's access to treatment.

Just married last week, Eric and Aline Wright of Chattanooga, Tenn., both medical professionals at Erlanger Medical Center, were enjoying what was supposed to be their honeymoon when Aline's speech became slurred and her face began to droop on Wednesday. During the ride to the hospital, Eric says he stopped at two red lights but ran them both. After passing through the second red light, a police cruiser pulled behind the couple's vehicle, following it with lights and sirens on to the hospital.

Eric, a trained medic who served two tours in Iraq, said he knew getting Aline to medical care as quickly as possible was critical and at first felt glad when the officer pulled in behind them.

Eric said he reasoned that instead of pulling over and wasting time explaining the medical emergency in a potentially life-or-death situation, he could have that conversation with the officer at the hospital. "As long as my wife gets into the hospital and gets taken care of then we can talk about things like red lights," he told AOL News.

But, according to Eric's account, Chattanooga Officer Jim Daves blocked Eric, who was carrying Aline, a left-leg amputee, from immediately entering the hospital.

"I remember having to stop. I was trying to explain the situation, but he didn't really stop to listen. He never asked what her condition was," said Eric. "I remember having to step around him to get in to the emergency room."

According to WATC NewsChannel 9, the officer's written affidavit says, "Defendant stopped in the ER entrance and jumped out and ran. Police made contact with Defendant at the passenger side of his vehicle and I grabbed the Defendant's arm and he pushed me away scraping my arm with his fingernail. Defendant yelled and said it was an emergency..."

The officer further wrote, "Defendant pushed through the crowd and carried a female back into the emergency room and place[d] her in a room with no permission of the hospital staff."

Eric denies those allegations.

"I never had any contact with the officer at all," he said. Furthermore, he says, he called the emergency room to alert them of the situation and let them know he would be arriving.

Eric said after he entered the hospital, the officer tried to come into the area where Aline was being treated, interrupting her care.

"At that point it was crucial I be present," Eric told AOL News, saying his wife was unable at the time to accurately relay the advancement of her symptoms and her medical history.

Aline Wright, believed to be having a stroke, says an officer with the Chattanooga Police Department blocked her husband from taking her to the emergency room at Erlanger Wednesday night.

Eric and Aline Wright say a Chattanooga, Tenn., police officer prevented Aline from reaching medical treatment as quickly as possible when she was showing signs of a stroke.

The officer allegedly told Eric later that he would be charged with a felony and needed to turn himself in to police. The new groom went to Hamilton County Jail on Thursday and was told there was no warrant out for his arrest.

The couple thought that the ordeal was over.

"But apparently it wasn't. I was awakened abruptly by people coming in the room," on Friday, Aline told WRCB. Eric was arrested and charged with assault on police, disorderly conduct, reckless endangerment, a felony count of evading arrest and other traffic violations, according to a Chattanooga police blotter.

A police spokeswoman told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that there was a supervisory complaint filed against the officer after the incident. The officer's supervisor reviewed the complaint, determining that "no policy violations, rules or procedures or laws were broken," the spokeswoman told the paper. Calls by AOL News for comment from the department have not been returned.

Eric is out on $7,500 bail. A court date is scheduled for July 9. Eric said he has been suspended from the hospital because of the felony charge, though he hasn't been convicted. A message left with the hospital's public relations department has not yet been returned.

"It's definitely a financial burden to me and my wife," said Eric, who added the couple may consider filing a civil suit. "This is really going to end up costing me and my wife thousands of dollars."

Lafayette
06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
In the words of Mr Easy E...

"Fuck the Police!"

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 08:04 PM
*sigh*

I've already shot my load, I've got nothing more to say.

fisharmor
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I know there are many police who are wonderful human beings. Why they tolerate this sort of stupidity and and much worse is beyond me. They can shove the thin blue line up their asses.

As I pointed out on the dog shooting thread, the fact that they close ranks says all I need to know.
There are many police whom people here hold dear, sure. Some of them might be nice to people some of the time.
When they defend this sort of behavior, when they prosecute the person who was persecuted, I'm afraid "wonderful human being" doesn't apply.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
As I pointed out on the dog shooting thread, the fact that they close ranks says all I need to know.
There are many police whom people here hold dear, sure. Some of them might be nice to people some of the time.
When they defend this sort of behavior, when they prosecute the person who was persecuted, I'm afraid "wonderful human being" doesn't apply.

There are no good cops.

If there were, there would be no bad cops.

Philhelm
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
*sigh*

I've already shot my load, I've got nothing more to say.

I feel you. There are so many ridiculous police misconduct stories out there that I have seen that I can do nothing more than seeth in rage. :mad:

Kylie
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM
There are no good cops.

Fucking Word!!

ninepointfive
06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
We need to spread the word around that running for Sheriff is important. We need constitutional Sheriffs!

CCTelander
06-21-2010, 10:58 PM
There are no good cops.

Truer words were never posted.

Some have trouble believing it, but this is the reality.