PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else want to stop Marco Rubio?

Agorism
06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I've never voted for a dem so I'm not cheering for them either, but Marco's close relationship with Jeb Bush and his status as leader of the Tea Party movement really annoys me.

t0rnado
06-20-2010, 06:04 PM
The Democrats have no chance in that race though and the polls show Crist in the lead. You should check out the libertarian Alexander Snitker who's polling 12% there: http://www.snitker2010.com/

NYgs23
06-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Who better is waiting in the wings?

RileyE104
06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
You should check out the libertarian Alexander Snitker who's polling 12% there: http://www.snitker2010.com/

This.. Wish the guy had more support.
But 12% for a Libertarian sounds pretty damn good...

Agorism
06-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Alexander Snitker who's polling 12%

Link?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Who better is waiting in the wings?

^^^The reason democracy doesn't work.

Captain America
06-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Alexander Snitker!

Agorism
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
YouTube - Rubio, Crist and Meek better watch out for Alexander Snitker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvUMgCJNaFw)

YouTube - Alexander Snitker Libertarian Candidate Interview on the Bob Rose Show part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSD_x4KA-Mk&feature=related)

Dreamofunity
06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
If I decide to vote I'll vote for Snitker.

t0rnado
06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Link?

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2010/06/alex-snitker-crashes-media-event/

Happy Fishing
06-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I will vote for him also.

For governor I'm leaning toward Bill Mc Collum (sp?).

He has always seemed like an honorable man, he is suing the Feds over O bam a-care, and he is in a tough race against that guy that got convicted for the HCA healthcare fraud---that guy is very wealthy and is throwing vast $ of his own at the race.
From what I've read on other forums, it gives me the opinion that the HCA stuff was a massive fraud.

bkreigh
06-20-2010, 07:04 PM
If I decide to vote I'll vote for Snitker.

Im casting my vote for him. Waiting for a yard sign to come in so i can post it up.

Agorism
06-20-2010, 07:09 PM
According to Florida Division of Elections procedures, Snitker’s name will appear above Charlie Crist on the ballot, because Crist is running with no party affiliation. In a May poll, Snitker received 12% support in among likely voters familiar with him, Rubio, Crist, Meek.

You think it's a legit poll or an insider poll?

RileyE104
06-20-2010, 07:32 PM
You think it's a legit poll or an insider poll?

Well, it does say 12% among voters FAMILIAR WITH HIM.

I hope he can do enough to reach the people there...

libertybrewcity
06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
http://snitker2010.com/2010/05/snitker-polling-at-2-5-among-likely-voters-12-among-voters-who-know-his-name/

libertybrewcity
06-20-2010, 07:47 PM
snitker seems like a great candidate. he is very confident. if the voters are able to see him and recognize him he could have a chance. rubio has strong support so that might be hard.

also snitker would likely take votes away from rubio which might give christ the win. if we are looking at this from a lesser of two evils perspective i would probably rather have rubio. christ seems like a liberal loser

Agorism
06-20-2010, 07:56 PM
also snitker would likely take votes away from rubio which might give christ the win. if we are looking at this from a lesser of two evils perspective i would probably rather have rubio. christ seems like a liberal loser

And give Jeb Bush more power?

I enjoy watching the republicans complain if I don't like the candidate.

qh4dotcom
06-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Im casting my vote for him. Waiting for a yard sign to come in so i can post it up.

He's getting my vote too

South Park Fan
06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2010/06/alex-snitker-crashes-media-event/

I don't see anything about 12% there. EDIT: I see it now, but it does qualify "among voters familiar with him". That's where we have to come in and make that 100% name recognition.

2nd EDIT: Since this is effectively a three-way race among the major candidates, Snitker would only have to get 25-33% of the vote to have a chance of winning. That's not outside the realm of possibility if we can get his name recognition high.

TCE
06-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Snitker>Rubio=Crist=Meek.

The other three candidates are all losing propositions.

Rubio will likely be a total Neo-Con and will vote with Republicans all the time, he will also overshadow Rand for the Tea Party importance.

Crist will use it to help his popularity and will become the talk of the cycle, winning as an Independent for Senate when his chances of winning the Republican primary vanished.

Meek has no real chance at the moment. While I have heard and believe he is a good person (something I cannot vouch for either of the other two candidates), I disagree with him on pretty much every issue.

That leaves the Libertarian as the best choice. Will he win? No, but would you rather vote for someone who will gladly trade our liberty away?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
You should check out the libertarian Alexander Snitker who's polling 12% there: http://www.snitker2010.com/

Anyone elses' 'BS meter' going off? Nobody in their right mind can possibly believe a Libertarian candidate who has raised less than $4,500 dollars, as opposed to the millions of Crist/Rubio/Meek, as of the last FEC filing is polling in the double-digits or will come even close to sniffing that when the actual votes are counted.

What is this? Another of those "internal polls" from Persistence Consulting? One of those "among people who know all the candidates" sham?

Sorry, I can't respect somebody who out-and-out lies about his status in the race, probably in a fraud attempt to raise money. It's like Bill Johnson in Kentucky with that "internal poll" that had him polling better than Rand Paul in the primary.

TCE
06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Anyone elses' 'BS meter' going off?

What is this? Another of those "internal polls" from Persistence Consulting? One of those "among people who know all the candidates" sham?

It's a Libertarian candidate. So the maximum is 4%. Likely much, much lower though; especially with three major candidates one of which is already in the non-Republican/Democrat camp.

Nobody votes Libertarian to win the election, we vote Libertarian when they are ideologically the closest to us and the other choices are not good. Realistically, Snitker won't win and probably won't beat 5%, but he is far superior to Crist, Meek, or Rubio.

Keep in mind that most candidates do this, R.J. Harris did as well.

RileyE104
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Anyone elses' 'BS meter' going off?

It's a Libertarian candidate. So the maximum is 4%. Likely much, much lower though; especially with three major candidates one of which is already in the non-Republican/Democrat camp.

Sorry, I can't respect somebody who out-and-out lies about his status in the race, probably in a fraud attempt to raise money. It's like Bill Johnson in Kentucky with that "internal poll" that had him polling better than Rand Paul in the primary.

Pay attention, there's already been 2 comments on this...

The poll is for people FAMILIAR with the guy.

Meaning out of everyone who know he is also in the race, 12% favor him.

It doesn't mean 12% of all voters there favor him.

RM918
06-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Anyone elses' 'BS meter' going off? Nobody in their right mind can possibly believe a Libertarian candidate who has raised less than $4,500 dollars, as opposed to the millions of Crist/Rubio/Meek, as of the last FEC filing is polling in the double-digits or will come even close to sniffing that when the actual votes are counted.

Oh yes, Snitker must be such an ass to try to inflate his position and puff up his feathers in a political campaign when he's running third party in a system EXTREMELY biased against third parties! How DARE he!

jazzloversinc
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I am supporting Rubio I can't stand Judas Crist.

South Park Fan
06-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh yes, Snitker must be such an ass to try to inflate his position and puff up his feathers in a political campaign when he's running third party in a system EXTREMELY biased against third parties! How DARE he!

Crist is currently leading despite having no partisan affiliation. Snitker could pull a Hoffman if he gets lucky.

JCF
06-21-2010, 12:10 AM
All the talk radio guys and all my conservative friends love this guy. We're at a turning point and I think many conservatives are vulnerable, Rubio failing to live up on the fiscal side (because you know he'll be a good war hawk) may just be what we need to turn some people and bring them on to "our side".

In fact all the supposed tea party candidates failing might just work in our favor. And by tea party candidates I mean the mainstream/populist tea party groups.

I'm not saying all conservatives are zombies to talk radio (plenty are though), but even they are stuck in the left/right paradigm.

---

Because let's face it, there are more conservatives in this country, not only that but they're more willing to move to our side. A republican winning and failing his supporters is much better for us than a democrat failing his supporters.

---

And yeah Alexander Snitker looks good :), I think he's a fair-tax guy though.

Slutter McGee
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM
There should be no active liberty movement to take down Rubio. By all means, vote for who you want, but it would be a poor political decision for our movement to take on Rubio.

Right now we have a sorta temporary alliance going on. It wasn't done on purpose but just developed. Jim Demint type conservatives are supporting our more libertarian leaning candidates, and we are supporting, to a degree, a number of conservatives who are not as libertarian leaning as we would like.

We can thank the tea-party for this. Polls show that 50% support Palin and Demint, while the other 50% of teapartiers support Paul. It is not so much that Rubio would make a great candidate. He might be a horrible neo-con. But he represents the teaparty to many, like it or not. And to openly go after him would allienate much of the support we need to get our real liberty candidates elected.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

klamath
06-21-2010, 10:26 AM
There should be no active liberty movement to take down Rubio. By all means, vote for who you want, but it would be a poor political decision for our movement to take on Rubio.

Right now we have a sorta temporary alliance going on. It wasn't done on purpose but just developed. Jim Demint type conservatives are supporting our more libertarian leaning candidates, and we are supporting, to a degree, a number of conservatives who are not as libertarian leaning as we would like.

We can thank the tea-party for this. Polls show that 50% support Palin and Demint, while the other 50% of teapartiers support Paul. It is not so much that Rubio would make a great candidate. He might be a horrible neo-con. But he represents the teaparty to many, like it or not. And to openly go after him would allienate much of the support we need to get our real liberty candidates elected.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
Well said. I have no interest in Rubio but to delibertly break with some of our allies that helped Rand just to be a spoiler is a poor poliitcal idea. Vote for who you feel is right but starting an in your face spoiler campaign will get you nowhere.

Elwar
06-21-2010, 12:17 PM
So far Snitker has my vote. Just perused his issue page so far. I called in a radio show and told them I was supporting him and the radio host said he'd had him on his show and likes the guy. Then went into ripping on Rubio for not coming on his show.

TheTyke
06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree that it wouldn't make sense for leaders in the liberty movement like Ron or Rand to oppose Rubio and jeopardize our alliances.

But the average people definitely SHOULD. Strategically, it would benefit us if Rubio lost. We want real constitutionalists representing the TEA Party, not the same old type of Republican. And it sends a message if enough people realize that and don't accept fake substitutes.

I argue that Reagan and Bush actually hurt the liberty movement... by claiming to be for smaller government, and doing exactly the opposite while in office, they destroyed our credibility and damaged our message. We don't need this happening again.

TCE
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Voting for someone is very different than trying to get our main liberty representing politicians to come out and hurt themselves for no reason. No one is suggesting that Rand come out against Rubio, but everyone in Florida should be aware of Rubio's psuedo-conservative stances on the issues.

bjb2412
06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Snitker speaks to the Tea Party and 9-12 groups ALL THE TIME. Rubio won't talk to them, but even more, refuses to be vetted by them. In fact, Rubio is a no-show at most of his local events. Seems he like to travel to far off states fundraising instead of staying in the state he wants to represent.

A lot of the groups support Snitker. He is also the only candidate who has signed the 10th Amendment Pledge despite him challenging the other candidates to do so.

Snitker is also the ONLY candidate who will answer your question (he himself answers!) if you post it to his facebook at www.facebook.com/snitker2010 (http://www.facebook.com/snitker2010)

Since Snitker is ideologically closer to me and my days of holding my nose when I vote are long gone, I will be voting Snitker in November.