PDA

View Full Version : Beck's new "thriller"-- feelin' a little dirty

pappy
06-20-2010, 01:17 AM
OK So i am a avid reader and couldn't help myself. Was in the local wally world for some pet food and noticed Beck's new fictional "thriller"

i feel really dirty now cause i just gave money to a man i dont really like. Oh well--hope he gets something nice with it.

Feel even dirtier because I am halfway through and its actually entertaining. Can't put it down.

Anyone else read it yet?

How can I ablute myself?

Will pass final judgement when finished.

:-)

Oh yeah from what I've read so far it could open peoples eyes if they are really ignorant of what's going on. Don't like him, but he could be doing the favor of eye-opening--even if he is just leading the sheep to slaughter (which I am of the opinion he is doing).
Maybe some of the new sheep can be saved with clear thinking though by others :-)

pappy

TNforPaul45
06-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Here's hoping that some may be saved in his actions.

Here's really hoping that he can save himself. Perhaps now, he will not doubt ideas of what they like to label a "conspiratorial" nature now that he's written about some of them himself.

Or now that his ghostwriter has. Whatever.

Y

RonPaulFanInGA
06-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned.

0zzy
06-20-2010, 01:55 AM
maybe I should read it too!
maybe...
perhaps...
maybe not.

tell me how good it is and you might convince me!

justinc.1089
06-20-2010, 02:04 AM
This was wrong of you to do unless of course you give the same amount of money to liberty somehow! Spend that money on something that will promote liberty! Only then will you feel better. Lol.

So did Beck really write a fiction book or is it by another author with his name on it?

TNforPaul45
06-20-2010, 02:29 AM
According to Beck, he has been writing on this book for several years. I've not heard any direct whispers that he ghostwrit it, but I would not doubt it if it were true.

Y

angelatc
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Is it "The Overton WIndow?" The Mackinac center is really excited about it. The Overton THeory is not fiction, and it is named after a former director there.

There's a video about it here: http://www.mackinac.org/12996#3333

A
n Important Message to Supporters of the Mackinac Center:

Every so often an opportunity comes along that screams “drop everything!” The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is staring one of those in the face right now.

I just spent a whirlwind 24 hours in New York taping radio and television interviews with commentator Glenn Beck about his new novel, “The Overton Window.” It’s a fictional thriller about good guys and bad guys but, more importantly, it takes a Mackinac Center concept and puts it right in the middle of a guaranteed best-selling book.

That concept is “The Overton Window,” a model of change first developed by Joseph Overton, my good friend and the late vice president of the Mackinac Center. It describes the way ideas take hold, first among individuals, then in society, and finally among politicians who turn those ideas into public policy.

I told Glenn Beck’s audience that the Mackinac Center and other freedom-loving organizations work every day to shift that “window of possibility” toward greater freedom.

The tentative schedule for my TV appearances is below, plus a link to the radio interview, (http://www.mackinac.org/12948) but right now I want to get to the point of this message:

Love him or hate him, Glenn Beck is introducing millions of people to the Mackinac Center through his television and radio broadcasts, and through the release of his book on Tuesday, June 15. Thousands of his followers are going to contact us. They will call. They will e-mail. They will write. More than 4,000 people visited our new Overton Window website on the day of my live radio interview.

Why? Because people want to learn more about what I said to Glenn: that change begins with ideas, and that if you can change ideas, you can change the course of history. That’s the whole concept behind the Overton Window.

I have a request. As someone who understands our core mission, I am asking you today to help the Mackinac Center respond to this tidal wave of attention. We have an unparalleled opportunity to show people that, in the war of ideas, organizations like the Mackinac Center are essential to nourish and promote the ideas that bring greater liberty to us all.

I know that many of you have already made gifts to the Mackinac Center this year, including a generous response to our economic modeling project, but I’m asking you to consider helping us again because guest appearances on national television just aren’t something we include in our annual budget.

Our friends in other organizations who have had similar national exposure tell us that it’s worth every penny we invest in responding to this opportunity. A donation from you today, in any amount, would significantly help us to follow up quickly and completely with every single person who contacts us, educating them through our literature, encouraging their commitment to liberty and inviting them to become supporters.

And we’ll help our sister organizations, too. We’ve already arranged to link people who contact us from outside Michigan with the free-market organizations in their home states so we can grow the movement nationally.

Internally, we’ve beefed up our computer and telephone systems, purchased Web advertising and hired temporary staff so that we can respond quickly and personally to calls and e-mails. We developed a new website, www.TheOvertonWindow.com, to explain the “Overton Window of Political Possibility” and tell people more about the Mackinac Center and the power of ideas.

Please help us capture this momentum by making a donation through our online contribution page. Or, you can mail a check, payable to the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, to this address: Mackinac Center for Public Policy, 140 West Main Street, P.O. Box 568, Midland, MI 48640-0568. (Please write “Overton Window” in the memo.)

This has been a long message, but it’s one of the most exciting developments I’ve been privileged to share with you. I am grateful for your continued support.

Onward,

Joseph G. Lehman
President
Mackinac Center for Public Policy

P.S. My day on Wednesday began with a live appearance on the Glenn Beck radio show. You can listen to it or watch the in-studio video at www.mackinac.org/12948. I spent the rest of Wednesday taping segments for his television show, which currently are scheduled for broadcast next week. The Glenn Beck show airs at 5 p.m. (EDT) on the Fox News Channel. (I’ve learned that things change rapidly in the world of television, so please continue to check our website at www.mackinac.org for the latest information.)

Zulator
06-20-2010, 09:01 AM
It's based on how public policy is shaped, which is why I think it would be good to have more people like Dr. Paul in government. While some may see his biews as "too radical", they will start to push us back in the right direction. If JFK were a politician today, he would be considered a right winger.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-20-2010, 05:12 PM
It's based on how public policy is shaped, which is why I think it would be good to have more people like Dr. Paul in government. While some may see his biews as "too radical", they will start to push us back in the right direction. If JFK were a politician today, he would be considered a right winger.

Really? I'm not so sure about that.

Cowlesy
06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
pappy, when you finish it, report back in and let us know if you recommend it.

kpfareal
06-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I bought it for myself for Fathers Day and read it on my drive from Mississippi to North Carolina today... Very good thriller, lots of good stuff. Some funny inside digs at Alex Jones... Ron Paul gets a mention, so does Chuck Baldwin briefly...

Nathan Hale
07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I find it pretty ironic, considering that the plot involves internationalists faking a terrorist attack in order to subjugate American liberty. Perhaps Debra Medina could mention that the next thing she squares off against Beck. I will probably buy the book though. Beck's pretty much on our side otherwise, it would be good to see.

Slutter McGee
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Lets have a Glenn Beck book burning. I know a lot of people here would love that.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Deborah K
07-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Bought the book and just started it. So far, so good.

BetaMale
07-07-2010, 09:29 PM
This was wrong of you to do unless of course you give the same amount of money to liberty somehow! Spend that money on something that will promote liberty! Only then will you feel better. Lol.

Good idea, may I recommend the book that my brother and I just submitted to the printers: America's Youth vs Big Government

Should be available on Amazon in a few weeks, any support would be highly appreciated

Deborah K
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Good idea, may I recommend the book that my brother and I just submitted to the printers: America's Youth vs Big Government

Should be available on Amazon in a few weeks, any support would be highly appreciated

I'll support your book if you'll support mine. :D Out in Sept or Oct. Can't give details now but several people on these forums have agreed to help me with editing.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Wouldn't buy and give him the royalties, but I'd read the book if somebody else bought it.

Baptist
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Sure. Throw up the link when it' there.

Deb, is there a title you can throw out? Any teasers?

Deborah K
07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Sure. Throw up the link when it' there.

Deb, is there a title you can throw out? Any teasers?

I'll send it to you in PM.