PDA

View Full Version : Conway is STILL lying about Rand and the Civil Rights act and he knows better. Sue?

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 05:42 PM
I figure it might help finance the campaign.... Particularly when you sue the journal too, which knows he didn't say he thinks businesses SHOULD be able to discriminate on the basis of race, he just implied were things not as they were at that time with government actually requiring segregation and thereby making it widespread, he would prefer the REMEDY against that wrong be not through federal government, but through the community.

Saying "I would remedy it in a different way" is NOT saying it is 'ok'.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100619/NEWS01/6190329/1008/

" From civil rights to farming subsidies to college grants, Conway argued that Paul doesn't reflect the view of many Kentuckians.

Paul said earlier in the campaign that he believed businesses should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race but that he opposes racial discrimination and wouldn't patronize them.

He has questioned whether the Americans with Disabilities Act goes too far, and has said he opposes farm subsidies and government education grants.

"If you care about the struggle for civil rights, and treating all people equally then you can't afford Rand Paul because he rejects fundamental provisions of the civil rights act," Conway told the group. "

I don't know if Rand wants to get into a lawsuit, but I hope he has attorneys at least ready to file demand letters.

Thargok
06-19-2010, 05:55 PM
You have to prove motive for cases of libel as a public figure, it will be hard to do that to the media and anything the media attributes to Conway is merely hearsay.

Kotin
06-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Sueing would not work and it would just make us look bad.. I think calling him out on his bs is all we can do.. Luckily he gives us a lot of ammo.

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
You have to prove motive for cases of libel as a public figure, it will be hard to do that to the media and anything the media attributes to Conway is merely hearsay.

You do not have to prove motive, only reckless mistruth reasonable expectation of damage and damage, although the recklessness has to be bad, for the press. KNOWING mistruth would be sufficient, and since he was called on this precise thing before, he knows better.

YouTube - Busted! Jack Conway Lies! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbEkVVUU6Q)

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Sueing would not work and it would just make us look bad.. I think calling him out on his bs is all we can do.. Luckily he gives us a lot of ammo.

Kotin there is plenty of ammo but no press is printing it. Only muckraking against Rand.

Obviously, it is the campaign's call if they sue, and they have lots of matters to take into account. However, you would think an attorney like Conway would know better.

But this Gerth character has become Conway's personal cheerleader and has self identified his purpose in life in trying to bring Rand down, from his articles. I don't see how he has time to write about anything else. He has a whole slew of new ones, but I've just decided he's fallen to the level of that blog in Kentucky I don't click on any more, either.

TCE
06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Couldn't the same be done about Grayson when he was spreading lies about Rand being Pro-Choice when he told Grayson, to his face, that he was Pro-life and even refused performing an abortion for his license?

If someone else were to sue Conway, that would be amazing politically. For Rand's campaign to do it would be the equivalent to him bursting out into tears.

itshappening
06-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Joe Gerth and the Courier Journal are printing lies and propaganda

America can't afford another tax and spend Democrat like Conway who admits he wants to increase Federal spending and taxes on hard working Kentuckians

Juan McCain
06-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Litigation over falsehoods in a political campaign . . . not sure if EVER that could be successful.

Rand, the campaign, and the grassroots efforts needs to control the debate topic better for Kentucky against this
flaming Dimocrat . . . ´Amnesty Jack´ Conway.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/20070709.gif

Aratus
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Joe Gerth and the Courier Journal
are printing lies and propaganda...

potus barack obama is doing a more sophisticated
version of boss daley's vintage machine politics???

sailingaway
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Litigation over falsehoods in a political campaign . . . not sure if EVER that could be successful.

Rand, the campaign, and the grassroots efforts needs to control the debate topic better for Kentucky against this
flaming Dimocrat . . . ´Amnesty Jack´ Conway.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/20070709.gif

On the one hand I don't expect Rand to sue.

On the other hand, libertarian leaning types are liable to do precisely that sort of thing as a matter of principle to protect other people's rights going forward, as well as their own, much like Rand's certification board (much more effort than most annoyed doctors would have been willing to put in.)

So Conway and Gerth are taking a risk.