PDA

View Full Version : CNN Debate is coming up, an idea

parke
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Lets all call, email, write. .. call.. email so more to request that Ron Paul gets to talk about the economy and healthcare.

Let alone asking for speaking time.

Nathan Hale
10-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Here's a better idea. Just ask the huge contingent of Ron Paul voters that gets into the audience at these debates to simultaneously yell "ask Ron Paul" when he's ignored for any length of time.

0zzy
10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Here's a better idea. Just ask the huge contingent of Ron Paul voters that gets into the audience at these debates to simultaneously yell "ask Ron Paul" when he's ignored for any length of time.

mehhhh

Tidewise
10-14-2007, 12:50 AM
I called for a "preemptive strike" of emails before the last debate but got shot down by a lot people here who said we should give CNBC the chance to be fair.

I don't think we can take that risk again. Let's find the people to contact and begin a sustained, professional email/fax/phone barrage until the day of the debate.

kylejack
10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I have an idea: Go pass out some slimjims.

parke
10-14-2007, 10:18 AM

thats just sent chills of joy:eek: up my spine.. good one

maggiebott
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Have to say that when I was watching that debate I even said that outloud! Why isn't someone yelling to ask Ron Paul?

american.swan
10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
thats just sent chills of joy:eek: up my spine.. good one

Ya know, if one or two people in the audience complains about no questions for Ron Paul, then they'll probably just be asked to leave or something, but a mass revolt is great but also dangerous because they'll label his supporters as rioting crazy anarchist or something.

Personally I would like to see about 100+ people rush the stage in protest.

Nathan Hale
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Have to say that when I was watching that debate I even said that outloud! Why isn't someone yelling to ask Ron Paul?

Well it's a matter of coordinating every pro-Paul person in the crowd to yell it at the same time. That requires:

1. Coordinating all pro-Paul attendees.

2. Arranging a "trigger" at which everyone should yell.

Bergie Bergeron
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
When is the debate?

max
10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
a loud chant of "ask Ron Paul" would make RP a legend...

that chant alone will make viwers want to know more...

a great idea...it just takes a few to get it started

max
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Ya know, if one or two people in the audience complains about no questions for Ron Paul, then they'll probably just be asked to leave or something, but a mass revolt is great but also dangerous because they'll label his supporters as rioting crazy anarchist or something.

Personally I would like to see about 100+ people rush the stage in protest.

dude...they label us anyway!

i'm sorry...but the media is our number one adversary and if we dont confront them head on...we get steamrolled...

besides...anyone stupid enough that they cant distinguish bewteen rp and excited rp supporters isnt our voter

tsopranos
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
dude...they label us anyway!

i'm sorry...but the media is our number one adversary and if we dont confront them head on...we get steamrolled...

besides...anyone stupid enough that they cant distinguish bewteen rp and excited rp supporters isnt our voter

Max, you're either a horrible troll or your 12 yrs. .old.

paulicywonk
10-14-2007, 08:55 PM
You don't want to appear disrespectful. What I think needs to happen is that we need to really pack a crowd. That way, when there is applause, it is for the ideas we express. People need to coordinate better to make sure they have as large a presence as possible at these debates.

Richandler
10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Here is an idea, send an endless amount of videos asking only Ron Paul questions.

Another idea, ask questions to the other candidates about how they can justify their actions which violate the consistitution or even ask them what certain parts of the consititution says.

fourameuphoria
10-15-2007, 01:26 AM
If you do e-mail them, try and thank them for their coverage last time.

Not really... but I mean, it seemed like the 3rd debate with CNN was the one where Ron Paul got a little more material than crazy war questions.

Nathan Hale
10-15-2007, 08:40 PM
You don't want to appear disrespectful. What I think needs to happen is that we need to really pack a crowd. That way, when there is applause, it is for the ideas we express. People need to coordinate better to make sure they have as large a presence as possible at these debates.

True, this alone is a good strategy. The local meetup should take charge of this, figure out what it takes to get in the door, and share that info with all area meetups. Then work on getting everyone in the door.

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I was at the last foxnews debate. One lady did yell "Equal Time!" after Dr. Paul had not had a question in a while. He did get more time after that, I doubt that's why but... I don't think it hurt at all.

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
I was at the last foxnews debate. One lady did yell "Equal Time!" after Dr. Paul had not had a question in a while. He did get more time after that, I doubt that's why but... I don't think it hurt at all.

"Equal time" is nice but vague - could be for Tancredo as much as Paul. Paul's name might be a better target.

Johnnybags
10-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Equal time being asked for during the break is not disrespectful. As a matter of fact prior to the debate, a few minutes prior, just demand it, let them know you are going to call them on it. FAUX News will silence Ron again for 35 minutes in favor of Rudy, you know, I know it. Equal time is for all candidates. Not Paul specific. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just do it with respect for the process.

parke
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM

The problem is though.. they never give him much time.