PDA

View Full Version : So... What is the deal with the tea party?

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
06-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Tonight I'm going to watch the states rights republican Ray Mcberry speak at a local tea party.

After watching Andrew Napolitano's tea party summit last Saturday it seems to me that all the tea party is, is a infiltration of neocons into the liberty movement.

If we ever want to see real change we are going to have to be dead on consistent with liberty.... Which means absolutly 100% non-interventionism, and not telling people what they can and can't do with their bodies.

What are your guys thoughts on the tea party?

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
the tea party is just beginning and doesn't have a very well developed philosophy yet, aside from being against universal health care, and generally against increasing taxes and spending.

libertybrewcity
06-19-2010, 01:55 PM
the tea party is just beginning and doesn't have a very well developed philosophy yet, aside from being against universal health care, and generally against increasing taxes and spending.

do you think it is just beginning? the way i look at it is all the people involved have realized they can be more effective by joining various organizations such as the C4L, club for growth, various campaigns, etc. instead of just protesting once a year.

Maybe that is still considered the Tea Party, just the fact that the whole spirit of limited government is alive and well.

White Knight
06-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Which means absolutly 100% non-interventionism, and not telling people what they can and can't do with their bodies.

You've wouldn't like me then, I'm pro-life.

specsaregood
06-22-2010, 11:57 PM
After watching Andrew Napolitano's tea party summit last Saturday it seems to me that all the tea party is, is a infiltration of neocons into the liberty movement.

If we ever want to see real change we are going to have to be dead on consistent with liberty.... Which means absolutly 100% non-interventionism, and not telling people what they can and can't do with their bodies.

Yeah, cuz the way to get ahead is to refuse to work together with others on issues we agree on because we don't like their positition on other issues.

Like it or not, a poll was done a month or so ago on the tea party members. It showed 50% were Palin supporters and 50% were Paul supporters. We work with them on the issues we agree on, and we attempt to educate them to our positition on others.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:14 AM
the tea party is alive and well. Mike Lee won, Rand Paul won, Schiff is still getting mentioned, We have raised millions of dollars, other candidates are doing very well, incumbents are jobless left and right, it seems like every week we have a tea partish candidate in win. good things are coming.

Working Poor
06-23-2010, 12:43 AM

Can you not be pro life and still not try to control someone else? Is pro life about controling others? You are darn lucky if you can control yourself don't you think? I know many pro life parnts who have daughters that have abortions so if they can't even control their own families. I am pro life too but I would be a fool to think that making abortion illegal would end it. I would rather it be legal and some what safe than illegal and unsafe.

White Knight
06-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Can you not be pro life and still not try to control someone else? Is pro life about controling others? You are darn lucky if you can control yourself don't you think? I know many pro life parnts who have daughters that have abortions so if they can't even control their own families. I am pro life too but I would be a fool to think that making abortion illegal would end it. I would rather it be legal and some what safe than illegal and unsafe.

No, and I don't vote for any pro-choicers. I am a Buchananite, not a true-blue Libertarian.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 01:07 AM

pro life is definitely not a control issue. people automatically assume that pro-life means the government should regulate, but you can be pro-life and allow freedom of choice.

if abortion was illegal there would an uprising in the street like there was in Romania during the communist rule. i would hope there would be too.

White Knight
06-23-2010, 01:20 AM
pro life is definitely not a control issue. people automatically assume that pro-life means the government should regulate, but you can be pro-life and allow freedom of choice.

if abortion was illegal there would an uprising in the street like there was in Romania during the communist rule. i would hope there would be too.

The SC's 1973 decision was disastrous. No way in Hell there is a constitutional right to an abortion. The "uprising" would be leftist thugs. Bring 'em on.

LittleLightShining
06-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Find out what's going on with the tea party folks in your area. If they have a mailing list get on it. If they have meetings go to them. Local local local.

dean.engelhardt
06-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Tonight I'm going to watch the states rights republican Ray Mcberry speak at a local tea party.

What are your guys thoughts on the tea party?

My ideals align with yours. 100% non-interventionism is my test for a limited government candidate. Politicions that says they are for limited government then bankrupts us with a $trillion per year empire are liars.

I supported the original Tea Parties in 2007. In 2009 they invited Jim Demint to speak for them and I lost interest. I think its a good thing that the republican party is changing to gain tea party support. I think its a bad thing that non-interventionalism is losing steam in the tea party.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
The SC's 1973 decision was disastrous. No way in Hell there is a constitutional right to an abortion. The "uprising" would be leftist thugs. Bring 'em on.

i guess the question you have to ask is when classifies as a person. an embryo made of four cells? when it forms the three germs layers? when it has noticeable features? that is the fundamental question.

until that question is answered i don't think there will be an agreement. all i know if that if i made a 'mistake' i would want my gf or wife to have an abortion legally. i always think about it from the perspective of others and what i would want others not to do, but when you ask yourself, it's sometimes a different story.

when i was 17 or 18 i knew that there was no way in hell i was going to have a kid

klamath
06-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I know what pushed me back into supporting politicians with interventionist ideas was libertarians pushing for pro choice.
Seems there is only one politician the supports saving life in wars as well as wombs and that is RP.
Stuck with that choice it is a numbers game. Our current wars kill a tiny fraction of those that are killed in the name of choice.

Mahkato
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
There are other threads for abortion debate. Tea party stuff is generally not concerned with social/criminal issues, but fiscal ones.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
There are other threads for abortion debate. Tea party stuff is generally not concerned with social/criminal issues, but fiscal ones.

true that brosef.

dannno
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM

That's not a pro-life/pro-choice argument because for pro-lifers, it's not what the woman is doing to her body that matters, but what she is doing to the baby inside her.

He is referring to the war on drugs, which is completely insane.. and anybody who supports it has not thought the issue through thoroughly.