PDA

View Full Version : Is there support for a Freedom Watch sub-forum?

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 12:18 PM
The Judge and the show have massive support here and there are certainly enough threads about the show to justify a sub-forum. The "love" seems to go both ways, though. Don't remember which one, but one of the Judges sites lists both RPF and DP as recommended sites along with Lew Rockwell, CATO and the rest of the usual suspects.

I think it is a given that the Judge and/or his staff read here. To that end, how about a sticky thread for resources, story ideas, etc. There is a reporters / authors curse where as soon as you publish / broadcast - people come out of the woodwork and provide information / point to resources that you wish you had known before you went public. Perhaps we could get a little 2 way communication going to make the show better. ie: they put out feelers for info on a story they are thinking about covering in the future and if we know of any, we tell them.

As an example, when he filled in for Beck last week, he had a segment on UAV's being used domestically where he made some statements that were not, exactly, "accurate"... For example, his statement that gvmt satellites were not used domestically to spy on Americans. In this case, I suspect Judge Nap would have willingly given his left teat to have been able to read this 28pg, Feb. 1, 2010 CRS report on the issue BEFORE the show aired:

Satellite Surveillance: Domestic Issues
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/intel/RL34421.pdf

The report also goes into excruciating detail about the legal issues around 4th amendment issues and aerial surveillance, and military / LE cooperation.

Not mentioned in the report is that a NRO bird did a flyover and took pics of WACO before the raid as well as other occasions.

Well, what do people think of the idea? Is there a better place to communicate with Freedom Watch / The Judge?

-t

BuddyRey
06-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Heck yeah! It'd be nice if Stossel had one too, but maybe there could be a subforum combining them both.

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 12:22 PM
i support.

BenIsForRon
06-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Probably unnecessary, just try to keep discussion in the same thread every week.

ninepointfive
06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Heck yeah!

:D

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe a "Friendly Media" forum for these outlets that are friendly to our ideas.

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Maybe a "Friendly Media" forum for these outlets that are friendly to our ideas.

that name will create a lot of controversy because every now and then someone will post something Beck has done and people will complain that he is not "friendly" media. maybe "related" media or something like that will do it. another possible name is "The Judge, Stossel, and Beck".

Agorism
06-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Freedom Watch subforum would be cool.

More people need to come to foreign policy forum. I'm liking that one lately.

Captain America
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
yes!

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano on Lies The Gov't Told You & His New Fox Business Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmYxc4Hm38&feature=player_embedded)
YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano on Lies The Gov't Told You & His New Fox Business Show (2 of 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOV_SqYKEII&feature=related)

Dreamofunity
06-19-2010, 06:13 PM
whydoyouspamthesamethingsonmultiplethreadswithinaf ewminutesofeachotherwhenthey'reonlysemi-releventandhaveathreadoftheirveryownorapicturewe'v eallalreadyseen?

Agorism
06-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Freedom Watch needs more diverse guests. We need libertarian-left on the show as well.

Glenn Greenwald, Max Bluementhal, Daniel Ellsburg...etc

RCA
06-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Erhem...Freedom Watch would make a great sub-forum for this sub-forum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184220&highlight=media+subforum

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Freedom Watch needs more diverse guests. We need libertarian-left on the show as well.He just had Kucinich on his show; but I don't think that he qualifies as a libertarian.

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
He just had Kucinich on his show; but I don't think that he qualifies as a libertarian.

Kucinich and Paul are friends. He also carries a pocket constitution around with him everywhere. Claims to support the Constitution yet wants to really limit the second... He's a decent guy. Before Paul, I campaigned for him. Have met him. Yeah - he does have a grassroots trophy bride - but he DOES really stick up for his constituents! One of the few honest politicians in Congress.

-t

Agorism
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Kucinich is too partisan for my tastes.

ClayTrainor
06-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Freedom Watch needs more diverse guests. We need libertarian-left on the show as well.

Glenn Greenwald, Max Bluementhal, Daniel Ellsburg...etc

...Noam Chomsky :D

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 08:08 PM
...Noam Chomsky :D

Howard Zinn would have been cool - but he died earlier this year. :(

Richards J. Heuer, Jr. would be a cool guest, but I think he would blow the Judges mind. He's best known to the general public for writing the report that says gays are not a security clearance risk.

see:
https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/psychology-of-intelligence-analysis/PsychofIntelNew.pdf

For what he thinks about thinking. You will either sink or swim reading this. If you sink, don't worry about it. It's not worth it. If you swim- well, STRUT!

-t

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Kucinich and Paul are friends. He also carries a pocket constitution around with him everywhere. Claims to support the Constitution yet wants to really limit the second... He's a decent guy. Before Paul, I campaigned for him. Have met him. Yeah - he does have a grassroots trophy bride - but he DOES really stick up for his constituents! One of the few honest politicians in Congress.

-t
Didn't he just vote for the health care bill after Obama bribed him :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Didn't he just vote for the health care bill after Obama bribed him :rolleyes:

Didn't hear about the bribe... details? But yeah, he's far from perfect!

-t

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Didn't hear about the bribe... details? But yeah, he's far from perfect!

-t
Just Google for Dennis Kucinich and then Air Force One. :(

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I read about that. Did not get the impression that he got any $$$ from it - just that Obama convinced him that it was all for the ultimate interest...

-t

BenIsForRon
06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Glenn Greenwald on Freedom Watch would be insane. He and Napalitano could really tear apart the establishment. Matt Taibbi would be a good guest as well.

Sentient Void
06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm wondering if Nap would have Lew Rockwell on in the future.

justinc.1089
06-20-2010, 01:47 AM
We might as well have a sub-forum because each week a few new threads will pop up about the show probably. So there's no need for them to go in general politics really in my opinion, unless for some reason thats better like getting more people to look at the thread...

Adding in Stossel is a good idea too.

I disagree about Beck, at least until he proves his newly found libertarianism in the 2012 election. I'm still betting he stabs us in the back by calling Palin, Gingrich, or Romney "libertarian," and will say how they will end the drug war, end the wars, and work against the Fed. (I'm doubtful he will say totally ending the drug war and the Fed, but he will make the candidate appear against them enough to gain support from his viewers for that candidate without turning off other viewers from that candidate).

Oh, and he will probably call us terrorists again too, or something new and creative even maybe... yay! Maybe instead of being crazy conspiracy theorists by night and terrorists by day, in 2012 we will get to be bonzo clowns or racist militia men or mentally ill, something fresh and new.

I don't know, after seeing him on Freedom Watch maybe seriously he is seeing the light, but he always has moments like that... supposedly, and usually contradicts his grand "awakenings" within a few months.

So if some people reeeeally want Beck, I guess I won't complain, but I will remain skeptical until Beck proves himself in 2012.

justinc.1089
06-20-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm wondering if Nap would have Lew Rockwell on in the future.

I hope so, and think so too. I need to learn more about Lew Rockwell. I hear about him all the time, but don't know too much about him since I just started learning about liberty after Ron Paul ran for president. I have been on lewrockwell.com, but honestly the site is dull I think and doesn't have much information on there compared to sites like mises.org, yaliberty.org, and so on.

Some people I would like to see on Freedom Watch:

Jesse Ventura
Mark Sanford (or Jenny Sanford, either would be interesting)
Adam Kokesh
Peter Schiff
Barry Goldwater Jr.
Nikki Haley (I don't think she's as good as the rest listed here, it would just be interesting I think)
Bob Barr (just because he was a Libertarian presidential candidate)
Mary Rewart (I'm surprised she didn't beat Bob Barr)
Gary Johnson
Thomas Jefferson
Alvin Greene & Hank Johnson TOGETHER (as in at the same time) (yeah) (lol)

WorldonaString
06-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Some people I would like to see on Freedom Watch:

Bob Barr (just because he was a Libertarian presidential candidate)
Mary Rewart (I'm surprised she didn't beat Bob Barr)
(lol)

And she would have won had WAR (Wayne Allen Root) not decided to throw all his delegates behind Bob in exchange for the VP ticket nod. :mad: