PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: "On The Message, I'm Much More Ron Paul Than Sarah Palin"

trey4sports
06-19-2010, 10:52 AM
The Judge was asking him who he agrees with more, Ron Paul or Sarah Palin.

Glen began talking about how we have to make small changes first and how he strays away from some topics which may be fringe because it just makes the movement more fringe...

could he be one of us :eek:

LittleLightShining
06-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, but why did he have to reinforce the qualifier "on message". If not on message then on what?

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, but why did he have to reinforce the qualifier "on message". If not on message then on what?

rhetoric.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 11:12 AM
It is becoming very, very hard to keep my mental guard up with this snake.

With Ron Paul or Judge Nap for instance, there is a sincerity there that comes through, you always get the impression that they are speaking exactly what they think and feel. They physically can't be disingenuous or dissimulate, they haven't got it in them, they stumble and get tongue tied on the rare occasions that they do have to mince words and censor themselves.

Hence they have trouble "getting anywhere" and "gaining traction".

It takes a con man to come along to get people to believe since on the whole, people, sadly, love to get swindled and suckered.

wrestlingwes_8
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Every week it seems like Beck says something that is more and more in line with us. Almost everytime however the majority of this board accuses him of lying on purpose in order to fool the people and hijack the liberty movement. Would it be so hard to believe that he actually is saying what he believes? I'm not by any means jumping on the Glenn Beck bandwagon but I do think he does deserve a chance. Just because in the past he was a neocon doesn't mean he can't change and that we can't accept him. If we ridiculed and pushed away everyone that was a neocon a year or two ago, we wouldn't have many people on this board..including me.

MRoCkEd
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Every week it seems like Beck says something that is more and more in line with us. Almost everytime however the majority of this board accuses him of lying on purpose in order to fool the people and hijack the liberty movement. Would it be so hard to believe that he actually is saying what he believes? I'm not by any means jumping on the Glenn Beck bandwagon but I do think he does deserve a chance. Just because in the past he was a neocon doesn't mean he can't change and that we can't accept him. If we ridiculed and pushed away everyone that was a neocon a year or two ago, we wouldn't have many people on this board..including me.
+1

Smitty
06-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Beck was placed in his position to be a Judas goat to the people of the liberty movement.

specsaregood
06-19-2010, 11:20 AM

Beck was placed in his position to be a Judas goat to the people of the liberty movement.

Maybe we're just playing hard to get? Make em work even harder and become even more liberty oriented for our affection? Wouldn't want to come off easy now would we. :D

JK/SEA
06-19-2010, 11:22 AM

agreed.

What would it take to put to bed my distrust of Beck? not sure, but i'll know it when i hear it, and so far i'm still on the fence. Its good he verbalizes some of our talking points, but he keeps circling around those pesky foreign aid issues, and the war on terror, and drugs, patriot act, and false flag issues......

LittleLightShining
06-19-2010, 11:23 AM
He did say that libertarians don't seem to want him to which the Judge profusely exclaimed, "But I do!"

RM918
06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
2012 is what will solidify my opinion of Beck, just like seeing Rand's votes will solidify my opinion of him. The only way to see for certain is proof through action, and the action's coming soon.

angelatc
06-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Deb Medina.

Why did he even ask that question? And I'm not a truther - everybody here knows that. But I think it's ridiculous that nobody can even discuss 9/11 inconsistencies without being designated as a pariah.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
2012 is what will solidify my opinion of Beck, just like seeing Rand's votes will solidify my opinion of him. The only way to see for certain is proof through action, and the action's coming soon.

Yeah that^

Smitty
06-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Deb Medina.

Why did he even ask that question?

The sole intent of Beck's interview with Medina was to politically damage her.

As I said,..he's a Judas goat. Beck's rhetoric is designed to appeal to those new to the liberty movement and meld them into a specifically configured element of the neocon agenda.

He's good at his job.

sofia
06-19-2010, 11:44 AM

keep your eye on the ball...i.e., who does he endorse?....Thats all that matters.

In Texas, it was Rick Perry over Debra Medina

In Connecticut, he remains silent as the brilliant Peter Schiff struggles for name recognition.

In Arizona, he's suddenly silent as McCain is challenged

In Indiana, he gave election day airtime to neo-con Stultzman while ignoring liberty candidate Hostettler.

In 2012, Beck will endorse Palin or Romney over Ron Paul (if he runs)....taking lots of our lesser informed brethren with him.

He's a disgusting, Israeli controlled snake....using the Judge's show to shamefully troll for libertarians who can be led astray.

PermanentSleep
06-19-2010, 11:54 AM
I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

PermanentSleep
I meant, what Sofia said.

South Park Fan

Maybe it's because Beck slandered Medina for over a week about being a "conspiracy theorist", a full two and a half years after his incident with Ron Paul.

sofia
06-19-2010, 11:56 AM
during the cold war, there was a Soviet spy ring busted in West Germany.

One of the outed subversives turned out to be a prominent German "anti-communist"

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 11:58 AM
during the cold war, there was a Soviet spy ring busted in West Germany.

One of the outed subversives turned out to be a prominent German "anti-communist"

http://adozeneggs.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/molescram_mole_face.jpg

johnrocks
06-19-2010, 12:02 PM

With Ron Paul or Judge Nap for instance, there is a sincerity there that comes through, you always get the impression that they are speaking exactly what they think and feel. They physically can't be disingenuous or dissimulate, they haven't got it in them, they stumble and get tongue tied on the rare occasions that they do have to mince words and censor themselves.

Hence they have trouble "getting anywhere" and "gaining traction".

It takes a con man to come along to get people to believe since on the whole, people, sadly, love to get swindled and suckered.

I love this post:p, I feel the same way and I just KNOW I'm going to get bit by him once again although I hope I'm wrong.

Smitty
06-19-2010, 12:13 PM
and I just KNOW I'm going to get bit by him once again although I hope I'm wrong.

I *really* can't understand why it should happen more than once.

Beck has made his intentions clear on numerous occasions. There's no reason to consider him an advocate of the liberty movement.

He's not. He's a tool of the neocons. He exists to manipulate.

teamrican1
06-19-2010, 12:24 PM

I don't think he's a snake at all. Beck is not some carefully calculating vacillator. He's the opposite. He's very emotional, easily excitable, and perhaps a bit unhinged. His changing viewpoints are a function of his personality and somewhat limited intellect. We should enjoy his conversion to more libertarian positions for as long as it lasts, but also remember that he genuinely thought we were terrorists just a couple years ago and there is no saying he won't be back to that viewpoint two years hence. Then again, he could just as easily move to full on anarcho-capitalism by then too. There is just no telling when it comes to Beck. Treat him as what he is- an entertaining buffoon who we can sometimes use to our advantage but should never place our full faith in.

Pennsylvania
06-19-2010, 12:28 PM
I agree with Josh Lowry...honey honey poison

we might see it become...

honey honey honey poison

or

honey honey honey honey honey honey honey honey honey honey poison

but there's always going to poison

we're getting a lot of honey right now but the poison is just going to be that much more lethal

low preference guy
I don't think he's a snake at all. Beck is not some carefully calculating vacillator. He's the opposite. He's very emotional, easily excitable, and perhaps a bit unhinged. His changing viewpoints are a function of his personality and somewhat limited intellect. We should enjoy his conversion to more libertarian positions for as long as it lasts, but also remember that he genuinely thought we were terrorists just a couple years ago and there is no saying he won't be back to that viewpoint two years hence. Then again, he could just as easily move to full on anarcho-capitalism by then too. There is just no telling when it comes to Beck. Treat him as what he is- an entertaining buffoon who we can sometimes use to our advantage but should never place our full faith in.

i think this is the best beck post in the history of the forums.

MelissaWV
... Treat him as what he is- an entertaining buffoon who we can sometimes use to our advantage but should never place our full faith in.

This.

I don't watch the guy. I'm not into taking the news, which is already highly suspect and morphed into "entertainment" to a large extent, and giving it a double-breading of the stuff. The guy is a personality, and that's all he will ever be on that kind of show. His kooky flip-flopping is part of why people watch, the same with the temper tantrums and crying and "French kiss" threats. I'm grateful the guy apparently says some stuff that rings truer than the average media pundit, but I won't rely on him to spread the message far and wide for any prolonged period of time.

Smitty
06-19-2010, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=teamrican1] His changing viewpoints are a function of his personality and somewhat limited intellect. [/ QUOTE]

Beck's problem isn't a lack of intellect. It's a lack of character and credibility.

fatjohn
06-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Man I was also going to post an extreme anti glenn beck post with videos, but i found a couple of vids that described how he changed his position on ron paul. But that does not explain his crying on the show and his backstabbing of medina for being a thruther just a couple of months after he ran the FEMA conspiracy of future genocide. He is flip floppy and he will be in the future.

BlackTerrel
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm not a fan of Beck. But these conspiracy theories make me laugh. Think of it from the other side - would this really be a strategy you would recommend?

By this logic Judge Nap should have pretended to be Sean Hannity for five years and then switch over. Would that really have been a good strategy? Would anyone here have supported the Judge doing that?

Pretty much. There tends to be a perception that everyone we disagree with is lying. Most people have their own views, some we like some we don't. But I don't have to believe that everyone I don't like is simply an actor.

JohnEngland
06-19-2010, 02:02 PM

honey honey honey poison

or

we're getting a lot of honey right now but the poison is just going to be that much more lethal

So, in other words, the positives easily outweigh the negatives! Hurray for honey!

http://www.sella.co.nz/images/thumb/z/p/f/4kmzpf-640x500.jpg

TC95
06-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Beck may be coming around. I'm willing to give him a chance. I used to be a neocon, too. Nobody's perfect. But, I'm not just gonna blindly trust him either. Talk is cheap.

LittleLightShining
06-19-2010, 02:23 PM
By this logic Judge Nap should have pretended to be Sean Hannity for five years and then switch over. Would that really have been a good strategy? Would anyone here have supported the Judge doing that?

They seem to support Rand for doing that :rolleyes:

bravebulwark
06-19-2010, 02:37 PM
"On the message, I'm much more Adolf Hitler than Ron Paul"

Fixed it.

Until Beck supports a declared war via Congress as the only way to have troops abroad - he's still drinking their Kool-Aid... he might be spitting it out a little... but the taste is in his mouth...

Uh... that turned into a rougher analogy than I had intended... ;)

TC95
06-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Maybe he started to see the light about Palin after his interview with her. Even he knew she gave the dumbest answer ever when he asked her who her favorite founding father was. It was kinda like a repeat of her interview with Couric when she was asked which newspapers she reads. "I read 'em all." Really? Every single one of them? Wow. :rolleyes:

YouTube - Beck: Who's Your Favorite Founder? Palin: All Of 'Em (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_yVbrMEPo&feature=player_embedded)

Chieftain1776
06-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Yup. Mostly this. I missed the show though so I'll have to wait until tonight :mad:

I think there is somewhat of a boundary though: his bottom line and/or his appearance with the rest of the conservative commentariat. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I think he's pushing it where he can. He really is doing a lot for the country by bringing up pro-liberty books and guests. Even if he isn't perfect he's doing more than even Judge Nap can do in terms of outreach to his viewers. I've honestly read in so many places that "Road to Serfdom" was the book that made people libertarian. If it's true than Beck has essentially got 60,000 Americans (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/books/review/InsideList-t.html) started on that road.

Even if I don't completely trust him whether due to possible deception or just plain loopiness I appreciate what he's doing --and I hope continues to do-- just as much as I would if the Judge were sitting in his chair. In fact the recommendations coming from him carry more weight amongst average conservatives than would the same recommendation for Judge Napalitano so it's even better for the message.

Fredom101
06-19-2010, 02:46 PM
"On the message, I'm much more Adolf Hitler than Ron Paul"

Fixed it.

Until Beck supports a declared war via Congress as the only way to have troops abroad - he's still drinking their Kool-Aid... he might be spitting it out a little... but the taste is in his mouth...

Uh... that turned into a rougher analogy than I had intended... ;)

What makes you think congress is any less bloodthirsty than the president?

Jordan
06-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Deb Medina.

Why did he even ask that question? And I'm not a truther - everybody here knows that. But I think it's ridiculous that nobody can even discuss 9/11 inconsistencies without being designated as a pariah.

Here's my theory to that, and yes it's just a theory.

We know that Deb was on because of frequent and persistent phone calls to Beck.

We also know that Debra had huge support among Texas truthers.

So, as you can imagine, Beck probably got quite a few colorful calls from truthers in support of Deb. I can guess they went something like this "Please put Debra Medina on the air, she's the only candidate that will fight against the NWO and look into the 9/11 inside job."

Truthers (I love you guys but you piss me off sometimes) can be a bit open about their trutherness. Ever been to YouTube? 50% of Ron Paul videos mention 9/11, NWO and other conspiracy theory words. Truthers are persistant, and for many, its the most important issue.

I witnessed this when the FBI raided the Liberty Dollar during RPs presidential run. I pulled up, got out, met with about 10 other activists who all lined up to talk to the media about 9/11 being an inside job and the NWO. Alex Jones was brought up plenty of times in conversation.

I'm rambling...but there you go, there's my best guess.

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Glen began talking about how we have to make small changes first and how he strays away from some topics which may be fringe because it just makes the movement more fringe...

Nope. He's a reptilian neocon in disguise! :eek::p:mad:

.Tom
06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Wait till 2012. Glenn "The Shill" Beck will show his true colors.

SWATH
06-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't get Beck and his bullshit reason for not supporting Ron Paul. So he doesn't think we can fix the country overnight as he somehow thinks Ron Paul believes. So he would rather waste 100 years of varying toe stubbing and dumb fuckery then to fix it when you have the chance and the people have the will to do it. The Revolution didn't take 100 years of gradually weaning itself from under the chains of England. Has he no interest in freedom in ours lifetimes? So what is he proposing? Only supporting people who want to reverse the course of government expansion as slowly as possible or in other words people who support the continuing expansion of government 90% of the time instead of 100%. So if the practice of primae noctis takes 100 years to come about would he support repealing it only after we had endured another 100 years of rape?

catdd
06-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe he's just jealous because Palin's interview with RP on the Judge's show went so well last week.

RM918
06-19-2010, 03:49 PM

So, as you can imagine, Beck probably got quite a few colorful calls from truthers in support of Deb. I can guess they went something like this "Please put Debra Medina on the air, she's the only candidate that will fight against the NWO and look into the 9/11 inside job."

Truthers (I love you guys but you piss me off sometimes) can be a bit open about their trutherness. Ever been to YouTube? 50% of Ron Paul videos mention 9/11, NWO and other conspiracy theory words. Truthers are persistant, and for many, its the most important issue.

I witnessed this when the FBI raided the Liberty Dollar during RPs presidential run. I pulled up, got out, met with about 10 other activists who all lined up to talk to the media about 9/11 being an inside job and the NWO. Alex Jones was brought up plenty of times in conversation.

Exactly. They do a lot of good in the grassroots but, like in any group, there's a few of people in that group that ruin it for everybody by droning off about 9/11 at every opportunity even when it has nothing to do with the current situation. When most people hear '9/11 was an inside job', their brains turn off and identify the guy before them as a loon, right or not. You won't get to too many people that way.

But there's little to do about it, even if one guy does that the media will make it out as if everyone does.

AGRP
06-19-2010, 04:15 PM
***Barfs***

Pistis
06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
I can't stand Glenn Beck -- his smarmy duplicity just drips off the tv screen.

As Sofia pointed out, when all the platitudes are done with and the rubber actually hits the road, Beck viciously turns on REAL liberty candidates with extreme pleasure. The way he reveled in destroying Medina's campaign is a good example. But noooo, that's enough for some though you'll learn soon enough 'cos he's going to do it again, ...guaranteed!

silentshout
06-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, that's great that he is coming around, but still I don't care for him. He's an entertainer and I never heard him complain about the previous administration.

John Taylor
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
agreed.

What would it take to put to bed my distrust of Beck? not sure, but i'll know it when i hear it, and so far i'm still on the fence. Its good he verbalizes some of our talking points, but he keeps circling around those pesky foreign aid issues, and the war on terror, and drugs, patriot act, and false flag issues......

But we already have one ALEX JONES!

John Taylor
06-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe he's just jealous because the interview with RP on the Judge's show went so well last week.

Or perhaps he never dug into the issues before at the depth he has been over the past 6 months? He's going through the progressives and austrians, fro the beginning...

AGRP
06-19-2010, 04:35 PM
For some reason Im very repulsed and his comments have made things much worse.

It's kind of like someone who bends over backward to stab you in the back and arrogantly laughs about it in your face. Then to return and claim he loves you and your family? Talk about salt in the wound.

erowe1
06-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Would it be so hard to believe that he actually is saying what he believes?

He's a performer. What he believes is irrelevant.

When you watch a movie do you care if the actor actually believes what he's saying in the role of the character he's playing?

Smitty
06-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Beck isn't a "performer".

He's a propagandist.

JohnEngland
06-19-2010, 04:55 PM
He's an entertainer and I never heard him complain about the previous administration.

But he has - many times. This is the problem. If one doesn't watch him regularly then one is stuck with a limited narrative of the person (and usually to the tune of the mainstream media's whistle).

paulitics
06-19-2010, 04:58 PM
1. Beck converted to Mormonism just to have sex with his "hot wife".
2. Beck intentionally sabotaged Medina even without the 911 truth question Beck was being a confrontational douchebag, with the intent of making her uncomfortable.
3. Beck had some neocon light guy on during the day of the Indiana primary, instead of the Hostetller who still had a slight chance of winning.
3. Beck can't be trusted in a crisis, 911 he wanted P.A.T.R.I.O.T Act, financial crisis he wanted bailout. The next emergency, Beck will once again sell us down the river.
4. He is a Wilsonian interventionist. He wants war with iran, be it sanctions, troops, etc. if Israeli attacks, he will plead his listeners to "support Israel" with our blood and treasure.
5. He will never expose the neocons, because he is one himself.
6. He has completely turned away millions of potential liberals who could be symapathetic to libertarianism by saying dumb things like Obama is a racist.
7. Rand Paul was the biggest story in America for winning the primary and for his CRA controversy that week. Beck ignored both stories. Considering Beck is a "libertarian" , this is just bizarre behavior. He chose to cover Arlen Specter's loss for hours on end instead.

Pistis
06-19-2010, 05:05 PM
+1

erowe1
06-19-2010, 05:07 PM
But he has - many times. This is the problem. If one doesn't watch him regularly then one is stuck with a limited narrative of the person (and usually to the tune of the mainstream media's whistle).

You mean he has retroactively ever since Obama took office?

That doesn't really count.

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 05:13 PM
He's a disgusting, Israeli controlled snake....using the Judge's show to shamefully troll for libertarians who can be led astray.Maybe, maybe not. But that doesn't matter much because we can take him and spin him to our advantage. In other words we can take the fact that Beck is talking more about libertarianism, and saying good things about Stossel and The Judge, and use it to promote liberty among his followers. JOIN YOUR LOCAL 912/GLENN BECK MEETUP!!!!

When Glenn had Tom Woods on the show, spread that video around to the entire Glenn Beck crowd. When Glenn promotes things that are very libertarian or nearly libertarian, use it to promote it among the 912/GB crowd! We have to use what he says TO OUR ADVANTAGE!!!

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 05:14 PM
He's very emotional, easily excitable, and perhaps a bit unhinged. His changing viewpoints are a function of his personality and somewhat limited intellect. I have spoken with people who know him and they say the guy is in his own little world. :eek:

But you're right, I think a lot of the reason why he isn't trusted very much by our people is that (in the words of RyanRSheets describing Michael Steele) he "flails about the political spectrum like a damn fish out of water on PCP" :)

ClayTrainor
06-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But that doesn't matter much because we can take him and spin him to our advantage. In other words we can take the fact that Beck is talking more about libertarianism, and saying good things about Stossel and The Judge, and use it to promote liberty among his followers. JOIN YOUR LOCAL 912/GLENN BECK MEETUP!!!!

When Glenn had Tom Woods on the show, spread that video around to the entire Glenn Beck crowd. When Glenn promotes things that are very libertarian or nearly libertarian, use it to promote it among the 912/GB crowd! We have to use what he says TO OUR ADVANTAGE!!!

Very smart! :cool:

Agorism
06-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe Glen and Napaolitano are just friends and Beck is trying to help him get some ratings. Never know.

erowe1
06-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But that doesn't matter much because we can take him and spin him to our advantage. In other words we can take the fact that Beck is talking more about libertarianism, and saying good things about Stossel and The Judge, and use it to promote liberty among his followers. JOIN YOUR LOCAL 912/GLENN BECK MEETUP!!!!

Yep. I'm not much of a Beck fan. But I agree with all of this. We need to have ourselves strategically placed in time for the 2012 primaries to be able to draw the maximum number of people possible to vote for RP.

xd9fan
06-19-2010, 05:17 PM
I just dont trust him.....and I used to really like the guy...

medina did more damage to him than he realizes....

you just cant be a ron paul guy and do what he did to medina....sorry glenn your full of shit

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Maybe Glen and Napaolitano are just friends and Beck is trying to help him get some ratings. Never know.
Well the overlords at NewsCorp have demanded that the star power help kick off the new shows on FBN. Hannity and Glenn have both been on FBN recently. And if you notice Stossel has been at FNC quite a bit too and of course the Judge is always around. I would like to see Tucker get a show just to add another voice to the mix.

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Yep. I'm not much of a Beck fan. But I agree with all of this. We need to have ourselves strategically placed in time for the 2012 primaries to be able to draw the maximum number of people possible to vote for RP.

Very smart! :cool:They don't call me the "Karl Rove of the liberty movement" for nothing :cool:

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I love this post:p, I feel the same way and I just KNOW I'm going to get bit by him once again although I hope I'm wrong.

LoL, I know, jeez, what to do here...:confused:

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed, I suppose. ;)

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 05:42 PM

Well, then, perhaps you have a point, but...

Maybe having an unhinged buffoon carrying our water on national TV is not the best idea in the world either.

;)

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 05:45 PM

He's not more Ron Paul when it comes to throwing people under busses. Not that I'm saying Palin does, but Ron Paul doesn't.

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Maybe having an unhinged buffoon carrying our water on national TV is not the best idea in the world either.

whether that will happen or not is probably beyond your control.

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Well the overlords at NewsCorp have demanded that the star power help kick off the new shows on FBN. Hannity and Glenn have both been on FBN recently. And if you notice Stossel has been at FNC quite a bit too and of course the Judge is always around. I would like to see Tucker get a show just to add another voice to the mix.

I'd like to see Tucker on too, more than Beck....

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 05:56 PM
whether that will happen or not is probably beyond your control.

As is most things in this world, same with you.

However I can urge people on and support it, or not watch and support a show and tell others not to as well.

sailingaway
06-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, then, perhaps you have a point, but...

;)

Medina was calculated like asking Rand about small government principles in the context of settled, epic race law was calculated. Both are painted as topics one must never even hesitate on, and Medina didn't even hesitate, she just wasn't willing to say she would not associate with anyone who ever questioned 9/11. And she had no history at all of questioning 9/11 just as Rand had no history at all of speaking out against the Civil Rights Act when the Courier Journal asked him about that. Those loaded topics were chosen PRECISELY because of the way they are spun.

There is no way it wasn't deliberate, IMHO.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Medina was calculated like asking Rand about small government principles in the context of settled, epic race law was calculated. Both are painted as topics one must never even hesitate on, and Medina didn't even hesitate, she just wasn't willing to say she would not associate with anyone who ever questioned 9/11. And she had no history at all of questioning 9/11 just as Rand had no history at all of speaking out against the Civil Rights Act when the Courier Journal asked him about that. Those loaded topics were chosen PRECISELY because of the way they are spun.

There is no way it wasn't deliberate, IMHO.

For what's it's worth I think so as well, I was just advancing the discussion.

Chieftain1776
06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
missed a few parts but watching it. When the Judge asked Beck whether he was libertarian and he said "I'm not sure they want me" I kinda felt bad :(

He really must read this board from time to time :o

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 06:33 PM
missed a few parts but watching it. When the Judge asked Beck whether he was libertarian and he said "I'm not sure they want me" I kinda felt bad :(

He really must read this board from time to time :o

out of curiosity, do you also feel bad about how beck ended medina's political career?

rawful
06-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Beck does his best to ignore Ron Paul on his TV show. Whenever he talks about who in Washington we can trust and count on, he never mentions him. Sure, he'll have Ron on every 5 months or so, but as Han Solo put it...

"Keep your distance, but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance."

oilboiler
06-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I have mixed feelings about Beck too, but he is doing a lot lately to get people thinking, and much more often than not it is pushing in our direction. Of all the big talk show hosts, he is the one who really is putting the fundamental ideas out there, bringing around more than a few neocons - so I will take what I can get, and I hope he continues to come over to our side.

sofia
06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
never trust a man who fake cries!!!.....Beck supported the Bailout and supports a VAT tax...

http://www.tomatobubble.com/beck.html

Chieftain1776
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
out of curiosity, do you also feel bad about how beck ended medina's political career?

I feel bad about Medina not being able to answer the question tactfully or just avoid the show like I did about Rand Paul and Maddow.

tjeffersonsghost
06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Beck does his best to ignore Ron Paul on his TV show. Whenever he talks about who in Washington we can trust and count on, he never mentions him. Sure, he'll have Ron on every 5 months or so, but as Han Solo put it...

"Keep your distance, but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance."

Yes this is 100% true. Beck is a Charlatan. He will sell whatever he can to get ratings. I always suspected the guy was a snake oil salesman but when I saw what he did the Medina because he is a Perry supported I saw him for what he is.

FreeTraveler
06-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Beck's making progress, real or imagined, but the net is that he's better for spreading the word now than he was a year ago.

How stupid would any of us have looked if our growth from the childhood of statism to the adulthood of the individual was played out over several years on national TV? Or did everybody here just wake up one day and go "everything I ever learned was wrong; anarcho-capitalism is the true answer."

(And how many of you are still stuck somewhere in the middle of that journey, swearing by all that's holy that you're at the true end already?)

Pot-kettle, first without sin, and so on and so forth.

rawful
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
How stupid would any of us have looked if our growth from the childhood of statism to the adulthood of the individual was played out over several years on national TV?

We weren't getting paid by the mouthpiece of the Bush administration during that time.

Agorism
06-19-2010, 07:59 PM

I think the Judge is careful not to allow the topics of discussion to tread into areas that anger people. There are certain things that Libertarians of the Right like to talk about and there are certain things that the Libertarians of the Left like to talk about, and the judge tends to stay on the right.

Justinjj1
06-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Glenn Beck is a career propagandist who gets his paychecks from one of the most awful corporations in existence. It amazes me how some of you actively seek a demagogue to put your trust and faith in. Turn off the goddamn Fox News channel, you'll be much better for it.

jmdrake
06-19-2010, 08:58 PM

That has got to be the lamest conspiracy theory I have heard in my entire life. And I've said this before. And people like you keep throwing this Bovine Scatology (B.S. if you don't understand) around like it's truth but then you add a little "but I really like you truthers" crap in there I guess just to avoid a flame war? There's no way truthers were calling up Glenn Beck asking him to have Debra Medina on to talk about 9/11. No way in hell. Anyone with half a brain knows that. That's because everyone with even a quarter of a brain knows that Glenn Beck hates truthers. Would someone who supported Rand Paul and was against the civil rights act have called up Rachel Maddow and said "Please have Rand Paul on. He's the only one will get on and talk about how the Civil Rights Act needs to be repealed"? Seriously folks, cut the underhanded attacks. They are cute and they don't make you look smart.

As for "50% of Ron Paul videos mention 9/11 and the NWO", I don't know if that's true but I sincerely doubt it. That said, Ron Paul mentions the New World Order quite a bit himself. And even if he only mentioned the need to fight the New World Order once publicly, that would be enough for the movement to quit running from this issue like cowards. People keep talking pushing a position on the civil rights act that Rand never took as if it was the most important thing in the world. But folks run from any mention of the NWO, a position Ron has PUBLICLY taken like scared rabbits. This dichotomy makes no sense.

Regards,

John M. Drake

AuH20
06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
We weren't getting paid by the mouthpiece of the Bush administration during that time.

He was slamming the Bush Administration like pinata while at Headline News. He even went as far to CALL FOR HIS IMPEACHMENT. This is not about left or right for Beck, even though he loathes Obama. Face it. The guy is an unstable personality who's moving into the Ron Paul camp for better or worse. Some people have to deal with it. Like Alex Jones, he does more good than harm. I'm 100% behind eccentric folks like Jones and Beck scattering the seeds of truth among the general population.

jmdrake
06-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Exactly. They do a lot of good in the grassroots but, like in any group, there's a few of people in that group that ruin it for everybody by droning off about 9/11 at every opportunity even when it has nothing to do with the current situation. When most people hear '9/11 was an inside job', their brains turn off and identify the guy before them as a loon, right or not. You won't get to too many people that way.

But there's little to do about it, even if one guy does that the media will make it out as if everyone does.

And you think John Stossel making lame arguments about whether or not blacks should have to serve KKK members (hint to anyone thinking about using that line it is stupid and won't win over anybody) gives people the "warm fuzzies"? A lot of people are more ready to hear "9/11 was an inside job" than "repeal the civil rights act". I'm not saying roll with either issue, but some folks are starting to become real hypocrites and seem more than willing to push non issues that are important to them while trying to suppress issues they think are irrelevant.

MRoCkEd
06-19-2010, 09:41 PM

That's part of it.
The other part is Glenn Beck's extreme emotional attachment to the story of 9/11. As Beck mentions all the time, he "woke up" on 9/11, and turned his life around. He even made a whole nationwide movement based on it called the 9/12 project. This is probably why he acts so crazy when people question the official story, because it threatens the story which he has based his new life on. This is nothing new about him.. any time someone suggests 9/11 may have been an inside job, he acts the same way.

But for the people who think he's there to hijack the liberty movement... I'm sorry but it just doesn't add up. He's telling millions of listeners about libertarian principles, even devoting one whole show to Tom Woods talking about Hayek, and another show devoted to slashing the military budget. He gives face time to many great libertarians, including letting Judge Napolitano fill in to him.

What does he achieve by tricking libertarians into thinking he's one of them? If he said "now vote for the libertarian candidate, Mitt Romney" no libertarian would fall for it. The Fox News audience is made up of people who would already support Mitt Romney, so all he would achieve in this "grand scheme" is exposing millions to libertarian ideals.

The other theory is that he will call for war with Iran. If this is true, why did he explicitly say in one episode that sanctions or military action against Iran would be terrible decisions?

I (for one?) am happy Glenn Beck now says the PATRIOT Act was a mistake, we should have a more humble foreign policy, we should abolish federal departments, we should replace the Fed with sound money, we should leave issues of drugs and even prostitution to the states, and that Ron Paul has a better message than Sarah Palin.

low preference guy
06-19-2010, 09:48 PM

that's probably right. reminds me of people screaming "9/11 was an inside job" in new hampshire.

rawful
06-20-2010, 12:25 AM
What does he achieve by tricking libertarians into thinking he's one of them? If he said "now vote for the libertarian candidate, Mitt Romney" no libertarian would fall for it. The Fox News audience is made up of people who would already support Mitt Romney, so all he would achieve in this "grand scheme" is exposing millions to libertarian ideals.

It's not tricking libertarians, it's tricking those who are still on the fence with their political beliefs. Independents, recovering neocons, etc.

The problem is come campaign time, Romney, Palin, and any other Repub candidate's rhetoric is going to sound as libertarian as they can get away with. It's not going to be like 07 with Ron Paul as the black sheep. They're ALL going to try to steal "the message", as Beck put it. This is where the trap lies. He doesn't like Ron Paul "the messenger" so as soon as he starts hearing similar things from other candidates he's going to support them instead. Because if Glenn Beck can sincerely change, so can Mitt Romney, right?

TNforPaul45
06-20-2010, 02:35 AM
People always return to that which is familiar to them, instead of that which is right. It takes a stern and sure character to do the latter.

0zzy
06-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Glenn Beck is a career propagandist who gets his paychecks from one of the most awful corporations in existence. It amazes me how some of you actively seek a demagogue to put your trust and faith in. Turn off the goddamn Fox News channel, you'll be much better for it.

Your logic is infallible.

John Stossel and Judge Napolitano both "get their paychecks from one of the most awful corporations in existence." I suppose we should just plug our ears and never listen to the words they say either.

Or Ron Paul, who receives money from a government which has done more harm (but always with "good intentions," we are told) as of late. We should turn him off too!

justinc.1089
06-20-2010, 02:46 AM
That's part of it.

The other theory is that he will call for war with Iran. If this is true, why did he explicitly say in one episode that sanctions or military action against Iran would be terrible decisions?

I (for one?) am happy Glenn Beck now says the PATRIOT Act was a mistake, we should have a more humble foreign policy, we should abolish federal departments, we should replace the Fed with sound money, we should leave issues of drugs and even prostitution to the states, and that Ron Paul has a better message than Sarah Palin.

He has said stuff like the Patriot act is bad before, only to again support it within a few months when political pressure mounted against it or any other agenda going on. He also said Iran is preparing a holocaust for some group of people, I can't remember who he said, but he said that MANY times. He spent like a week talking about that while he was on headline news.

Also while no libertarians would vote for Romney, if Beck gains trust from thousands of viewers by giving them a little more truth, like not only is the IRS bad, and should be reformed, but the Fed is bad too, and should be audited. (Notice how most republicans don't want to end the IRS and Fed, but just do halfway things or not even touch them, Beck will get his viewers to support that too). Then since they learned a LITTLE truth from him, they trust him, and when he says Romney's great! He is FOR a fair tax or whatever and for an audit of the Fed, his viewers will vote for Romney because they are not really libertarians, but just people LEARNING about libertarianism.

I know Romney hasn't said he is for the fair tax, and of course not auditing the fed, but I was just using those as examples.

I will be pleasantly surprised and impressed if Beck supports Paul in 2012, but you should really keep in mind there is a strong possibility Beck will guide his viewers towards candidates like Palin, Romney, or Gingrich, more neo-cons pretty much.

amonasro
06-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Who is Glenn Beck?

Who writes his material? Does he read a teleprompter? Does he just ad lib each show? Surely he at least has an outline. Who provides the material? Surely he has writers.

As someone else pointed out, words are cheap. In his case, words are worth millions.

Do we forget that he called Ron Paul supporters terrorists? Oh right, he "came around" and had a religious epiphany so now he suddenly supports the liberty movement. Oh wait, he sunk Medina. OK, maybe Medina screwed up. Now he loves Liberty again. Oh no, he has personal issues to deal with. Inner demons. Alcoholism. Mormonism. Poor Glenn. Let's give him another chance with Rand...

Can you hear the sound of that $30 million dollar paycheck cashing?

anaconda
06-20-2010, 04:22 AM
I wish Palin would just be honest. It's okay for a soccer mom to be president. But I don't think it helps her to continuously make up retarded answers to things or to pretend that she's intellectually informed in areas where she is not. She is capable of being President as long as she is interested in obeying the Constitution.

jmdrake
06-20-2010, 06:48 AM
that's probably right. reminds me of people screaming "9/11 was an inside job" in new hampshire.

:rolleyes: Just goes to show that "anti truthers" are as much conspiracy theorists as anybody else. Truthers hate Beck. There's no way they'd call in to tell him to have Media on so she could talk about 9/11. Since you claim to believe in the "simplest explanation", here's one. Beck heard about Medina being on the Alex Jones show. Beck was getting calls from people asking him why he seemed to be supporting Perry and ignoring Medina. Beck acted on a hunch that Medina either was a truther or was sympathetic to their cause based on the Alex Jones show appearances and went after her.

rprprs
06-20-2010, 06:58 AM
It's not tricking libertarians, it's tricking those who are still on the fence with their political beliefs. Independents, recovering neocons, etc.

The problem is come campaign time, Romney, Palin, and any other Repub candidate's rhetoric is going to sound as libertarian as they can get away with. It's not going to be like 07 with Ron Paul as the black sheep. They're ALL going to try to steal "the message", as Beck put it. This is where the trap lies. He doesn't like Ron Paul "the messenger" so as soon as he starts hearing similar things from other candidates he's going to support them instead. Because if Glenn Beck can sincerely change, so can Mitt Romney, right?

A big 'No' to your final rhetorical question, and a big 'Yes' to the overall message in your post.

sailingaway
06-20-2010, 07:08 AM
A big 'No' to your final rhetorical question, and a big 'Yes' to the overall message in your post.

^ this

nobody's_hero
06-20-2010, 08:07 AM
The Judge seems to be good friends with Glenn. I hope that he can keep working with him.

BlackTerrel
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
And you think John Stossel making lame arguments about whether or not blacks should have to serve KKK members (hint to anyone thinking about using that line it is stupid and won't win over anybody) gives people the "warm fuzzies"? A lot of people are more ready to hear "9/11 was an inside job" than "repeal the civil rights act". I'm not saying roll with either issue, but some folks are starting to become real hypocrites and seem more than willing to push non issues that are important to them while trying to suppress issues they think are irrelevant.

This +1000. Talk about an issue that is a distraction it's the 1964 civil rights act.

BillyDkid
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM

honey honey honey poison

or

It would be easy enough for Beck to come out and say - Hey, I wrong about Ron Paul and the Paulistas when I called them terrorists and I was wrong to support the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and I was wrong about not calling Dubya out for the corrupt POS his is. If he did that, I would consider trusting him.

libertygrl
06-21-2010, 04:32 PM

OMG. Don't fall for this people. Look what he did to Debra Medina! Just when the Ron Paul movement began gaining momentum after the presidential campaign, and more people began waking up to OUR side, he diverted them over to HIS side. All of a sudden he was reciting the constitution, and bringing up the founding fathers, etc.. etc.. He even copied the mosaic of american peoples faces idea for his 9-12 project, that a Ron Paul supported had created for a Ron Paul ad during the campiagn. Now, the majority of the general public believe Glen Beck started this whole idea of returning to the principles of our founding fathers. PA-LEEEEZE!! He may sound good, but he's NEVER going to expose other major issues like calling for a new investigation of 9-11 and our endless wars, and other topics that he and other media people attack us on so that they can never be seriously debated. He'll give people a taste of the truth so that they will follow along and believe it's a Republican vs. Democrat thing instead of the fact that BOTH parties are into globalization. It is clearly a divide and conquer tactic.

He's just like the other politicians riding on the tails of the anti-government crowd. As long as there's a Democrat in the Whitehouse he will sound just like us. Just remember - he works for the MSM and they MUST NEVER BE TRUSTED.

speciallyblend
06-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Palin/Beck 2012 Pledge Here: www.theronpaulteaparty.com

Southron
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Beck is all over the place. I don't think even he knows what he believes.

I wouldn't get too emotionally invested in him.

libertybrewcity
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
beck is a nobody. although if ron did win the nomination we would want him on our side given his large audience.

AuH20
06-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Travel in the wayback machine. 2003. Glenn was killing both parties:

YouTube - Chris Matthews To Glenn Beck: "You're Great- I Listen To You All The Time." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXzn6BOw5g&sns=em)