PDA

View Full Version : Don't give money to Wikileaks...

Reason
06-18-2010, 11:17 PM
This is why.

http://cryptome.org/0001/wikileaks-blow.htm

t0rnado
06-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I would think Assange could easily hack into a couple of bank accounts and steal much more money if he wanted to and have even less government agents on his back if he did it that way, but there has been speculation that he isn't releasing most of what he receives.

There's also speculation that the CIA runs Wikileaks and uses it as a honeynet.

Reason
06-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I would think Assange could easily hack into a couple of bank accounts and steal much more money if he wanted to and have even less government agents on his back if he did it that way, but there has been speculation that he isn't releasing most of what he receives.

There's also speculation that the CIA runs Wikileaks and uses it as a honeynet.

Well, I have never sent wikileaks money but I am on their email list but then again i'm sure just having an account on this forum put me on several watch lists with the govt.

/sigh

/wave

Vessol
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Someone whistle blowing over a whistle blowing site.

Oh the sweet sweet irony.

susano
06-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Assange should step aside now....

Isn't that kind of like saying that Alex Jones should step aside from Infowars? It's Assange's site, isn't it?

Regarding the expenditures, there may be misuse of funds, however, if I ran that site, there is no way in hell I would give an accounting of any money! How can you run a site like that and divulge expenses? Just want you want to do - expose how and where you spend money, and where you're getting it. NOT.

Vessol
06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
I've been looking up some info on Wikileaks being a honeypot for the CIA, it does seem like something they would do..
http://arthurzbygniew.blogspot.com/2010/03/soros-co-back-wikileaks-kosher-mob-oval.html

Wayne Madison is the one who is pushing this idea the heaviest. Then again, Wayne Madison is beyond doubt on Russian intelligence service payroll.

Conspiracies within conspiracies within conspiracies.

One day you think you have this whole thing figured out, then you see there is a whole other rabbit hole beyond you.

Reason
06-19-2010, 12:28 AM
it's impossible to know.

it's also possible that someone is just trying to discredit wikileaks

eOs
06-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I don't think he should have to show his expenditures..for his security like susano has suggested. Although, I do agree with what the paper said about just simply releasing the video and letting the viewer decide. That's how I'd do it at least, but Assange has made it very clear his intentions for releasing videos with the maximum political impact for change..I mean, it's his site, let him do what he wants. And as far as not receiving that award from that group...
the Knight Foundation's chairman of the board, Robert Briggs, is a former staff judge advocate for the U.S. Air Force who may not think too highly of the site's recent massive acquisitions of highly classified data.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100617/ts_ynews/ynews_ts2677_3

lester1/2jr
06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
what happens to all the information if it goes belly up? holy crap!

Agorism
06-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Assange is on the run. He probably has to have money so he can hide form the Obama regime.

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2010, 11:26 AM
As to the video, I seem to recall at the time that they had 2 versions available - the short, edited version with just the damning part and a much, much longer unedited version.

-t

lester1/2jr
06-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I read cryptome somtimes. There is a tense relationship between they and wikileaks. I think in general cryptome sees wikileaks as a cheesy hype laden version of the exact same thing they are doing, but they do have some sort of comraderie too as thye share alot of principles

libertybrewcity
06-19-2010, 02:04 PM
he's probably just bad at managing and needs some professional help with expenses and taxes.