PDA

View Full Version : Who Will The Icon Of Liberty Be When Ron Paul Retires?

AGRP
06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I often wonder, but have never got around to asking.

Kregisen
06-18-2010, 08:47 PM
By then it'll be the year 2030.....there won't be any liberty left.

Vessol
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Do we need an icon? I believe us all are icons to those around us, and it is our job to educate and spread the ideas of liberty.

catdd
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
We will have won or lost everything by then.

josh.schisler
06-18-2010, 08:49 PM
ron paul is healthy. he'll make it until the singularity, and then he'll be able to serve in congress forever.

AlexMerced
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
It'll Splinter, cause not all of us think the same, Ron Paul is just really good at not pushing his personal values enough that he appeals so widely, like me Personally a Peter Schiff would be my top pick, but Truther would probably choose Jessie Ventura, Gary Johnson has pretty decent appeal but something is missing, the constitutionalist/Protectionist/Isolationist types will go back to worshiping Pat Buchanan

Libertarians will split into cliques of Austrian & Monetarist, while the more non-economic libertarians go back their Objectivist Ayn Rand meet-up groups

Some might re-register as democrats since there is no other shining light in the republican party

Bottom Line: Ron Paul must become a vampire and live forever, and live off the blood of statist

Son of Detroit
06-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Mine will be Rand Paul and Judge Napolitano.

Agorism
06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
No replacement.

AGRP
06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
lol @ title change.

Jinx maybe? :)

AlexMerced
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
I like how the topic has changed from Dies to Retires, if Ron Paul retires, we'll probably all still camp out in front of his house, he's the leader, there's nothing him or us can do about it, it was fate.

Andrew-Austin
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
It'll Splinter, cause not all of us think the same, Ron Paul is just really good at not pushing his personal values enough that he appeals so widely, like me Personally a Peter Schiff would be my top pick, but Truther would probably choose Jessie Ventura, Gary Johnson has pretty decent appeal but something is missing, the constitutionalist/Protectionist/Isolationist types will go back to worshiping Pat Buchanan

Libertarians will split into cliques of Austrian & Monetarist, while the more non-economic libertarians go back their Objectivist Ayn Rand meet-up groups

Some might re-register as democrats since there is no other shining light in the republican party

Bottom Line: Ron Paul must become a vampire and live forever, and live off the blood of statists

Hes too nice for that, he'll die and become a legend.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-18-2010, 08:59 PM
If all we are still advocating is voting when Ron Paul leaves the scene Liberty can kiss her ass goodbye.

ClayTrainor
06-18-2010, 09:03 PM
No replacement.

Agreed.

Liberty doesn't need an "icon". We need several icons. Me, you and anyone else we can bring along. :)

Andrew-Austin
06-18-2010, 09:04 PM
If all we are still advocating is voting when Ron Paul leaves the scene Liberty can kiss her ass goodbye.

I don't think anyone said that.

AlexMerced

we'll all still be advocating liberty and organizing local elections, but as far as one figure strong enough to run for POTUS, it'll be awhile before you see another Ron Paul who unites the fragmented liberty movement like he does.

ClayTrainor

Some will, some won't.

ClayTrainor
06-18-2010, 09:05 PM
we'll all still be advocating liberty and organizing local elections, but as far as one figure strong enough to run for POTUS, it'll be awhile before you see another Ron Paul who unites the fragmented liberty movement like he does.

If we need leaders to be "united" than we're not going to win this fight.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't think anyone said that.

It is implied based on where people are spending their money....

AlexMerced
06-18-2010, 09:39 PM
If we need leaders to be "united" than we're not going to win this fight.

we will win, Liberty isn't about unity, it's actually the opposite that's why it's hard to protect. Although you need unity to win potus, but we honestly don't need POTUS to change the world, we just need the ability to articulate ideas.

ClayTrainor
06-18-2010, 10:08 PM
we will win, Liberty isn't about unity, it's actually the opposite that's why it's hard to protect. Although you need unity to win potus, but we honestly don't need POTUS to change the world, we just need the ability to articulate ideas.

I agree. I think a libertarian winning POTUS is a bit of a contradiction to our ideas, so i certainly agree that we don't need that position to change the world.

Anti Federalist
06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Who Will The Icon Of Liberty Be When Ron Paul Retires?

Me.

:D

ClayTrainor
06-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Me.

:D

I support this! :D

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-4/braveheart-4.jpg

BuddyRey
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
In the year 2525...if the dollar's still alive...if freedom can survive, it'll be Tom Woods.

Okay, so that last part didn't rhyme. At 1 in the morning, what lyrical calibre did you expect; Cole Porter?

Distinguished Gentleman
06-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Political Icons:
On the politics front, I think the "liberty candidate" model will produce for election cycles to come, continuing until about 10 percent of the congress is within that group who cite some the classic liberals as influences but run campaigns that are more like a populist republican. I believe we make up 6 percent of the voting populace but our political prowess will elevate us to 10 percent saturation. Some will stand out as politically practical and others will be brave folk legends like Ron.
Have I ever mentioned I like Justin Amash and B.J Lawson ;)

Technology Icons:
Some of our greatest thinkers are focusing on the technology front. Patri Friedman (Milton's grandson) is working hard on the seasteading (http://seasteading.org/) institute. Private Space Exploration in the more distant future.

The third icon is doom. I don't rule it out.

Vessol
06-19-2010, 12:43 AM
http://whoyoucallingaskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/alex-jones.jpg

just kidding

RonPaulFanInGA
06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Who Will The Icon Of Liberty Be When Ron Paul Retires?

Matt Collins.

RM918
06-19-2010, 12:54 AM
I favor the noble porcupine. The FSP got that one right, the LP won't get anywhere with a damned statue.

Reason
06-19-2010, 02:13 AM
WTB Judge Napolitano PST

josh.schisler
06-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Matt Collins.

and toady.

Fredom101
06-19-2010, 09:45 AM
We don't need an icon.
We need philosophy.
Even Ron Paul himself admits this.

JK/SEA
06-19-2010, 11:34 AM
i am Ron Paul...

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I like how the topic has changed from Dies to Retires, if Ron Paul retires, we'll probably all still camp out in front of his house, he's the leader, there's nothing him or us can do about it, it was fate.

Sheesh, and I thought Molyneux's followers were a cult! :eek:

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2010, 03:48 PM
We don't need an icon.
We need philosophy.

FTW! :cool:

AlexMerced
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
i am Ron Paul...

I own IamRonPaul.com

If you want an IamRonPaul.com email address hit me up, need to do something with the domain and I got plenty of email fowarding slots I can use up

someperson
06-19-2010, 05:25 PM
We don't need an icon.
We need philosophy.
This :)