PDA

View Full Version : "Turkish tanks ready to roll into Iraq in hunt for rebel hideouts"

Vonhayek7
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2631279.ece

Not good at all. Could see other countries eventually get involved too down the road.

The time is ripe for an anti war candidate.

Johnnybags
10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2631279.ece

Not good at all. Could see other countries eventually get involved too down the road.

The time is ripe for an anti war candidate.

wells too and let Chinese contractors rebuild them. Bush is an idiot. At lease Hunt oil and Bush's Texas cronies will not get the gravy.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
They're mad that we brought up the Armenian thing, heh.

steph3n
10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
they were just looking for an excuse, we ended any chance for diplomacy

Vonhayek7
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
They're mad that we brought up the Armenian thing, heh.

Well yeah. Personally, if it is on the floor already, there is no possible way you could vote no. It should have just been avoided, kinda like the moveon.org thing. Doesn't Congress have better things to do in a time of an illegal occupation?

But this Kurds vs Turkish thing was predicted awhile ago. Now, since we went to war under a UN resolution and subject to international law, we are obligated to DEFEND the country from other forces. What do we do if Turkey invades?

This only has to do with the Kurds killing those generals, not so much passing the resolution. But i'm sure it'll make Turkey listen to us less.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Well yeah. Personally, if it is on the floor already, there is no possible way you could vote no. It should have just been avoided, kinda like the moveon.org thing. Doesn't Congress have better things to do in a time of an illegal occupation?

But this Kurds vs Turkish thing was predicted awhile ago. Now, since we went to war under a UN resolution and subject to international law, we are obligated to DEFEND the country from other forces. What do we do if Turkey invades?

This only has to do with the Kurds killing those generals, not so much passing the resolution. But i'm sure it'll make Turkey listen to us less.

And Turkey is considered a European nation btw it's no 3rd world country

steph3n
10-13-2007, 07:48 PM
we are just being smug and interfering with other nations again. This was 90 years ago and a relative peace was there. :( we love throwing rocks in hornet's nests!

kylejack
10-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Well yeah. Personally, if it is on the floor already, there is no possible way you could vote no.
Oh yes there is. I sense another 434-1 vote in our future...

Vonhayek7
10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh yes there is. I sense another 434-1 vote in our future...

You can't condemn a fact. I was just saying it shouldn't have even been brought up.

And yeah, completely aware of Turkey's military capabilities and their economic progress. Have a friend living in Istanbul. Plus my friend is from Greece and talks about Turkey's problems daily. So I have both sides. :D

Shellshock1918
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Time to get the fuck out I'd say.

Sometimes all you can do is grab a beer and watch it burn, grab a beer and watch it burn.

82ndVET4RP
10-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Two NATO nations in possible direct conflict.......... Another point for Ron Paul.

Cali4RonPaul
10-14-2007, 12:20 AM
And Turkey is considered a European nation

That would be open to debate.

johngr
10-14-2007, 01:31 AM
they were just looking for an excuse, we ended any chance for diplomacy

I get the idea that whoever sets the agenda knows what the major outcome of such initiatives will be and intends exactly that. Viz. the "chaos" in Iraq.

noxagol
10-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Sigh. I hate our government. Not but a handful worth anything at all, and only one that is any good.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Sigh. I hate our government. Not but a handful worth anything at all, and only one that is any good.

I think there are at least 5 other good ones :)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
That would be open to debate.

I think we should have a debate as to why we have continental identification in the first place

constituent
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I think we should have a debate as to why we have continental identification in the first place

^2nd.