PDA

View Full Version : What If Tea Partiers Waving Gadsden Flags Had Trashed L.A.?

Anti Federalist
06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
What If Tea Partiers Waving Gadsden Flags Had Trashed L.A.?

Imagine if Tea Partiers waving Gadsden flags had rioted, started fights with police and trashed public property in a major American city. The corporate media would be all over the story for weeks, lecturing us all about how it was an ominous sign of the rise of an extremist fringe that threatens to destabilize America.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/june2010/180610top2.jpg
However, when hordes of Los Angeles Lakers fans waving Mexican flags go drunken rampages, start fights with cops, attack motorists, start fires, and deface public property, as happened last night following the NBA Final, the press barely even takes notice. The story has received local coverage in the L.A. media, but it’s nowhere near a top story nationally. Do you think the same would be the case if anti-big government protesters had engaged in the kind of behavior seen last night?

“Crowds hurled bottles and other objects at police, smashed marquees, jumped on vehicles, broke windows, and set rubbish dumpsters and vehicles on fire along Figueroa Street north of Staples Center and on Flower Street,” reports the L.A. Times.

“Police fired non-lethal rounds to disperse the crowd at Figueroa and Venice Boulevard after several small fires were set, as well as at 11th and Hope streets. At 7th and Flower, a car believed to be a taxicab was engulfed in flames.”

Watch the clip below. Thugs waving Mexican flags and others riot while attacking public property

YouTube - 2010 laker riots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqTK3KsPl8&feature=player_embedded)

http://www.infowars.com/what-if-tea-partiers-waving-gadsden-flags-had-trashed-l-a/

RM918
06-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I think those are the most cheerful rioters I've seen in my life.

dannno
06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I think those are the most cheerful rioters I've seen in my life.

You obviously haven't seen us throw snowballs at Hannity.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
nt

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-19-2010, 05:04 AM
If I lived in LA at that time I would be standing on the edge of my property with my Rifle. Not one blade of grass would be harmed by these people.

jsu718
06-19-2010, 05:24 AM
This is why we can't have nice things...

Travlyr
06-19-2010, 07:06 AM
The police state doesn't protect private property they protect our masters and overlords.

YouTube - G20 2009: Police Attack Students at University of Pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv8YEqaWgA&feature=related)

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 07:53 AM
If I lived in LA at that time I would be standing on the edge of my property with my Rifle. Not one blade of grass would be harmed by these people.

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

Aratus
06-19-2010, 10:14 AM
the bruins, the bo-sox and the celtics have loyal fans...
you wouldn't believe how dejected all our media outlets
were over how the last five minutes of the game went...

Zulator
06-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Is this the same LA that is boycotting Arizona for enforcing immigration law?

RM918
06-19-2010, 10:18 AM
the bruins, the bo-sox and the celtics have loyal fans...
you wouldn't believe how dejected all our media outlets
were over how the last five minutes of the game went...

I just find it somewhat amusing people will literally riot about the outcomes of sports I don't even care about.

Bossobass
06-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Where are the crop dusters when you need them?

Bosso

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Where are the crop dusters when you need them?

Bosso

"The scoops are on the way!"

Hahahha :D

FSP-Rebel
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Was that a La Raza rally?

BlackTerrel
06-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh Infowars you are such sensationalist garbage.

The reason this didn't get mainstream press is it was a few hundred idiots being stupid after a game and because it happens four times a year whenever someone wins a championship.

The difference between them and tea partiers is Lakers fans aren't trying to win hearts and minds. If tea partiers destroyed property they would alienate themselves from potential voters and supporters. I don't think these guys care about that.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh Infowars you are such sensationalist garbage.

The reason this didn't get mainstream press is it was a few hundred idiots being stupid after a game and because it happens four times a year whenever someone wins a championship.

The difference between them and tea partiers is Lakers fans aren't trying to win hearts and minds. If tea partiers destroyed property they would alienate themselves from potential voters and supporters. I don't think these guys care about that.

You don't think there is a media double standard here?

Golding
06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
This is one of the stupidest phenomenons of sports towns. Whether the team wins or loses, they riot. And it's just commonly accepted fact that they will do it.

LibertyWorker
06-19-2010, 05:52 PM

I wonder how many hearts and minds we've lost by not taking it to the street.;)

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM

Holy mother of God, don't even say that!

The faint of heart around here will swoon, straightaway.

:D

LibertyWorker
06-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Holy mother of God, don't even say that!

The faint of heart around here will swoon, straightaway.

:D

yeah I know I'll get attacked by 50 Ron Paul forum Gandhi's.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
yeah I know I'll get attacked by 50 Ron Paul forum Gandhi's.

Gandhis and Quakers and Amish, oh my. ;)

micahnelson
06-19-2010, 09:24 PM

Internet Tough Guy.

You dont have a right to take a mans life for damaging your lawn. You have the right to be compensated, and you might be justified in damaging his lawn.

Geez.

BlackTerrel
06-20-2010, 03:30 AM
You don't think there is a media double standard here?

As in?

1. Sports fans riot four times a year.

2. A Political group hasn't rioted in a very long time.

Of course #2 would get more press as it's far less frequent.

Such as randomly flipping over cars, smashing beer bottles and destroying property?

0zzy
06-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Gandhis and Quakers and Amish, oh my. ;)

Are Gandhis and Quakers and Amish the bad sort?

I'm actually interested in what Quakers are actually. What of this religion?

jsu718
06-20-2010, 03:45 AM

They worship oatmeal. Nixon was a Quaker.

jmdrake
06-20-2010, 06:37 AM
I don't get it. What do the LA Lakers have to do with Mexico? :confused: I get the sports riots. I don't get how a majority black sports team becomes a source of Latino pride. :confused: :confused: :confused:

jmdrake
06-20-2010, 06:40 AM
As in?

1. Sports fans riot four times a year.

Sure. But just usually don't carry flags. Especially flags of a foreign country. Not unless that country has something to do with the sport itself. If Mexico had won the world cup and this riot had taken place it would make more sense.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 08:37 AM

LoL, no, of course not.

There's just a fairly strong pattern of disagreement between people here, who in some ways, think like these religious groups or individuals, in that violence, even in defense of life and limb, is never justified and is always counter - productive.

I happen to disagree, strongly, while at the same time respecting and understanding the point being made.

I was having a little fun at their expense with my comments.

The Religious Society of Friends is the proper name of the Quaker group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Society_of_Friends

Cowlesy
06-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I wonder what would have happened if the cabbie would have just punched the accelerator. If that was a Crown Vic with a V-8, I wouldn't want to be standing in front of it.

jmdrake
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
LoL, no, of course not.

There's just a fairly strong pattern of disagreement between people here, who in some ways, think like these religious groups or individuals, in that violence, even in defense of life and limb, is never justified and is always counter - productive.

I happen to disagree, strongly, while at the same time respecting and understanding the point being made.

I was having a little fun at their expense with my comments.

The Religious Society of Friends is the proper name of the Quaker group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Society_of_Friends

Well you can't argue with Ghandi's results (peaceful defeat of the most powerful empire at the time.)

That said, there's a difference between thinking violence is never ok, and thinking it should be a last resort used only after the other side had initiated physical violence. I don't you'd have heard many people criticize Ed and Elaine Brown if they had physically resisted their house being invaded by the government. On the other hand many, including myself, had a hard time finding much sympathy for the guy that crashed the plane into a building that housed an IRS office. One was a case of physical violence initiated by the government, one was not. One had a high probability of "collateral damage", the other did not. I'm not mad at the Davidians for defending themselves either.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 08:54 AM
2. A Political group hasn't rioted in a very long time.

23 May 2010
"Anarchists" and immigration reform protesters turn violent
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Santa-Cruz-Immigration-Protest-Caught-on-Tape-92637494.html

18 April 2010
Neo Nazi rally turns violent
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/neo-nazi-rally-turns-violent/sieg-heil/

7 May 2010
May Day rallies turn violent
http://mexicanoccupation.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-day-amnesty-rallies-turn-violent-la.html

20 May 2010
Civil disobedience at Seattle rally
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Immigration-rally-moves-into-Seattle-building-94512479.html

Those are just a few of the stories, out of thousands, that popped up.

Not much coverage, and what coverage that does exist, is mostly bland and local, same thing with the Laker's "riots".

Now, you can't honestly be saying that if a couple hundred "tea partiers" ran amok and burned some cars, broke some windows and set some trash cans on fire, that the state run media would not running lead stories for weeks about it, with images of kristallnacht and beer hall putsches running in the background.

Please tell me you're not trying to sell me that with a straight face.

constituent
06-20-2010, 08:58 AM
you're right, it's all part of one big mexican conspiracy to reconquista the southwest, and the media is complicit in the coverup!

f*n mexicans. :mad:

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Well you can't argue with Ghandi's results (peaceful defeat of the most powerful empire at the time.)

That said, there's a difference between thinking violence is never ok, and thinking it should be a last resort used only after the other side had initiated physical violence. I don't you'd have heard many people criticize Ed and Elaine Brown if they had physically resisted their house being invaded by the government. On the other hand many, including myself, had a hard time finding much sympathy for the guy that crashed the plane into a building that housed an IRS office. One was a case of physical violence initiated by the government, one was not. One had a high probability of "collateral damage", the other did not. I'm not mad at the Davidians for defending themselves either.

I agree, that's, mostly, where I am at, especially with the Brown and Davidian situation.

I think the fecklessness of the Brits at the time had as much to do with India's independence as Gandhi's peaceful approach to the matter.Hell, the people of Hong Kong, didn't want independence and the Brits still turned 'em over to the Chi-Coms.

Or look at MLK's record here. The system drops back on one foot, in what looks like a victory for "our side" and shuffles forward two steps on the other foot.

"Hell, give the mundanes more voting 'privileges'. We'll just make the whole process pointless. Hah Hah".

The system is a master of changing the location of the goal posts, many time without you even being aware that they did it.

But, you know this already. ;)

Anti Federalist
06-20-2010, 09:06 AM
you're right, it's all part of one big mexican conspiracy to reconquista the southwest, and the media is complicit in the coverup!

f*n mexicans. :mad:

Not about Mexicans as far as I'm concerned.

It's about perceptions created in the state run media that are deliberately designed to disparage and ruin the credibility of any group that may be threat to the system.

TNforPaul45
06-20-2010, 09:39 AM
WhAt really upsets me is that if you go to drudge report right now, on the left hand side there is a picture of Ms. Napolitano and the articles regarding this thread topic, then right underneath it, the stories about the mobs trashing LA reside.

You almost want to epic face palm in the face of such rampart and pulsating evil. Even in the face of "in-your-face" security threats to our country like the border, culture riots, etc, they are choosing to focus on the ability for information to flow freely across the Internet.

It is just SICKENING, I really have no words for it. The boldness and brashness of these people stagger the mind. The robust criminality makes me stand back and marvel. They feel invincible.

The pendulum is swinging so hard now, left, right, left, right, that I fear that it is going to snap right off and the clock fall over. Maybe that is what we need?

BlackTerrel
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Sure. But just usually don't carry flags. Especially flags of a foreign country. Not unless that country has something to do with the sport itself. If Mexico had won the world cup and this riot had taken place it would make more sense.

1. Some Mexican Americans enjoy waving the Mexican flag.

2. Some of the rioters were Mexican American.

Not sure there is more to it than that. There were plenty of whites and blacks acting like idiots as well.

Anti Federalist
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Not sure there is more to it than that. There were plenty of whites and blacks acting like idiots as well.

And they weren't Mexicans because they had white or black skin as opposed to brown?

If someone was waving a Slovakian flag I would then assume that some of them were Slovakian.

I saw no flags other than Mexican.

Anti Federalist
06-21-2010, 04:47 PM
BT - I still stand by the point being made, let's just call them "soccer hooligans" and be done with it.

If Tea Partiers acted like these soccer hooligans there would be no stop to the MSM negative coverage.

Pericles
06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
3 points to be made of this in my view.

1. Parts of this country are a powder keg, and violence will occur on any pretext. This violence is based on anger and will be unfocused in its objects and methods.

2. The civil disobedience / non violence approach to change only works on an opponent that has moral scruples about the use of violence and understands the fundamental unfairness of the laws and system targeted by the protest.

3. Those prepared to deal with the possibility of violent change in the future tend to ask each other - when do we start shooting the bastards? When the time comes, you won't have to ask, and you won't have to read about it on the Internet either.

james1906
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Sports are an opiate of the masses. If the people are too entrenched with watching grown men toss a ball that they remain ignorant of what our country has become, then a little riot now and then is a small price to pay for TPTB to keep the people in line.

jmdrake
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM

Some white Americans where I live like flying the confederate flag. If they rioted waving the "stars and bars" we'd never hear the end of it. (And I'm no fan of the confederacy. Just saying).

jmdrake
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree, that's, mostly, where I am at, especially with the Brown and Davidian situation.

I think the fecklessness of the Brits at the time had as much to do with India's independence as Gandhi's peaceful approach to the matter.Hell, the people of Hong Kong, didn't want independence and the Brits still turned 'em over to the Chi-Coms.

Or look at MLK's record here. The system drops back on one foot, in what looks like a victory for "our side" and shuffles forward two steps on the other foot.

"Hell, give the mundanes more voting 'privileges'. We'll just make the whole process pointless. Hah Hah".

The system is a master of changing the location of the goal posts, many time without you even being aware that they did it.

But, you know this already. ;)

Yeah. We agree more than we disagree. I think you'd also agree that these same "goal post moving" masters are also good at manipulating violence to their advantage. Both as an agent of "change" by misdirecting it and as a way to a propaganda coup against their enemies. Throwing rocks and hiding their hands and claiming they are the victim. As the old saying goes "Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes". ;)

Anti Federalist
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
3 points to be made of this in my view.

1. Parts of this country are a powder keg, and violence will occur on any pretext. This violence is based on anger and will be unfocused in its objects and methods.

2. The civil disobedience / non violence approach to change only works on an opponent that has moral scruples about the use of violence and understands the fundamental unfairness of the laws and system targeted by the protest.

3. Those prepared to deal with the possibility of violent change in the future tend to ask each other - when do we start shooting the bastards? When the time comes, you won't have to ask, and you won't have to read about it on the Internet either.

That +1

Sports are an opiate of the masses. If the people are too entrenched with watching grown men toss a ball that they remain ignorant of what our country has become, then a little riot now and then is a small price to pay for TPTB to keep the people in line.

And that +1

Fr3shjive
06-22-2010, 04:33 AM
YouTube - Boston Celtics riot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqwt81wiN4&feature=player_embedded)

Boston fans are just as retarded as LA fans when they win a championship. Seems like sports fans in general like to riot when their team wins.

teacherone
06-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Boston fans are just as retarded as LA fans when they win a championship. Seems like sports fans in general like to riot when their team wins.

it's dark in that video...but i'm pretty sure i can make out a few mexicans...

constituent
06-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Not about Mexicans as far as I'm concerned.

It's about perceptions created in the state run media that are deliberately designed to disparage and ruin the credibility of any group that may be threat to the system.

ok, now apply that to the need to point out that some people there were also waiving Mexican flags.

what did that have to do with anything?

imagine if i said that there were a number of people wearing those retarded tattoo looking t-shirts... would that really be relevant to the story?

would it make sense to then say, "rioters in retarded tattoo looking shirts storm the city of l.a. smashing windows and burning cars?"

might that suggest to you as the reader that I as the author have some sort of bias, dislike, whatever of retarded tattoo looking t-shirts?

it's not like we're talking about a political rally here, which is not to excuse the actions of anyone there. some guy had a Mexican flag, so what?

(I'm just kind of trying to grasp your analogy here is all.) :)

jmdrake
06-22-2010, 07:01 AM
ok, now apply that to the need to point out that some people there were also waiving Mexican flags.

what did that have to do with anything?

imagine if i said that there were a number of people wearing those retarded tattoo looking t-shirts... would that really be relevant to the story?

would it make sense to then say, "rioters in retarded tattoo looking shirts storm the city of l.a. smashing windows and burning cars?"

might that suggest to you as the reader that I as the author have some sort of bias, dislike, whatever of retarded tattoo looking t-shirts?

it's not like we're talking about a political rally here, which is not to excuse the actions of anyone there. some guy had a Mexican flag, so what?

(I'm just kind of trying to grasp your analogy here is all.) :)

I've never heard of a "retarded tattoo looking shirt" (what is that anyway?) being used as a political symbol. Political symbols don't quit being political symbols just because the event isn't officially a "political rally". Again if these rioters were waving confederate flags you'd never hear the end of it. Same if they were waving Nazi flags. And it doesn't sound like there was only one guy waving the Mexican flag. Besides what does Mexico have to do with the L.A. Lakers? Nobody attempts to answer that simple question.

catdd
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
"What If Tea Partiers Waving Gadsden Flags Had Trashed L.A.? "

The SPLC would contact the DHS and report that we are a threat to this nation and the DHS would once again label us domestic terrorists and re-release the MIAC report - and this time they wouldn't take it back.

BlackTerrel
06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
it's dark in that video...but i'm pretty sure i can make out a few mexicans...

You're clearly looking very hard. Those Boston fans looked more on the Irish side to me.

phill4paul
06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh! If ALL the Gadsden flag wavers in America did that it would look like this....

YouTube - Police brutality - Maryland Police Beating Unarmed Student Unprovoked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0n2qMxf0c)

Name a time and a place where more than one of us will get together and make a show and I'm in. Until then....just a dream.