PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Movement: Why Justin Amash Should be a Priority

biles1234
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
It's almost shocking to see how many people have yet to catch on to Justin Amash. The numbers of those in the "know" have grown, which is inspiring, but not nearly enough people.

We must mount a similar effort that propelled Rand Paul to the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Kentucky. But why you ask?

I love all liberty candidates, but we must honestly get our priorities straight and help out those who can actually win. I will not name names, but liberty candidates running as independents or in 80-20 Democratic districts WILL NOT win. Same with a certain liberty candidate/financial expert with a YouTube video blog and a few books who I happen to love, but is polling at 9 percent! It's a harsh reality, but we must accept it.

Besides Rand Paul, no liberty candidate has a good chance at winning besides Justin Amash. Why should we support him?

*He has raised over $225,000 without any true moneybombs. That figure is much larger than any other U.S. Congress candidate in the liberty movement.

*Amash is a state representative already, who is well-connected and has HUGE grassroots supports in the area. His signs are literally all over Grand Rapids.

*The media has called him a front-runner on more than occasion. It will be a tight three-way race but Amash is certainly a contender, leading the race in fundraising.

*Endorsements: Dick DeVos (Republican nominee for governor in 2006) and the rest of the DeVos family who are among the largest GOP donors in the nation. Not to mention former senator and U.S. Dept. of Energy secretary Spencer Abraham and Rep. Brian Calley, an incredibly popular and well-respected state representative in the district. Amash can appeal to moderate Republicans as well.

*Justin has told me in person that he has spoken to Ron Paul and that Dr. Paul loves him and supports his campaign. I don't know why there has not been an endorsement yet, but it would not surprise me if it came at some point. It may be wise of us to pressure C4L and the Ron Paul camp for this endorsement.

*He's the only legislator to post all of his votes on Facebook in real-time! If you don't think he's a true defender of liberty, just see for yourself! (http://www.facebook.com/justinamash)

So, I ask EVERYBODY to check out Justin Amash and support his campaign in anyway you can. Those who already know about Justin, reply to this and attest to this! Living near his district, I can tell you that this guy is the REAL deal and a true liberty candidate. It's almost scary to see how quiet the national movement is about him.

We should all start planning a moneybomb for this guy and flood Ron Paul peoples' inboxes for an endorsement ASAP. Anybody who is experienced in preparing moneybombs or has contacts in the RP camp, please reply.

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT JUSTIN:
www.facebook.com/justinamash (http://www.facebook.com/justinamash)
www.amashforcongress.com

biles1234
06-18-2010, 03:22 PM
A recent poll has Justin in second place and down 6 points from the leader. This was before the campaign began mailers or radio ads (next week I believe), which will surely result in gains in the polls.

The conductor of the poll, who asked 4,000 likely primary voters, found no statistical significance in the lead, calling it a wide-open race.

48% of voters are still UNDECIDED.

Dark Aerow
06-19-2010, 10:17 AM
I've already seen billboard advertisements in the last 4 weeks for Heacock, so if Justin is within 6 points with very little advertising with 48% undecided thats a very good sign.

MRoCkEd
06-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Great post.

I looked up Justin Amash's political contributions:
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=amash&fname=justin&search=Search

$1,184 to Ron Paul in 2007.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
bump

Nathan Hale
02-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Hey, if Amash keeps winning by 2015 he'll be a third termer. Then imagine the GOP primary in 2016 with him and Rand both in the field speaking out against the neocons on the stage.

ronpaulhemp
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey, if Amash keeps winning by 2015 he'll be a third termer. Then imagine the GOP primary in 2016 with him and Rand both in the field speaking out against the neocons on the stage.+rep

angelatc
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
It won't be a cake walk this time. The GOP didn't treat him very kindly when they redistricted him.

Cleaner44
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Added to my blog of liberty candidates.

http://libertycandidatesunited.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/justin-amash-u-s-representative-for-3rd-district-of-michigan/

kylejack
02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
He voted no on blanket sanctions on foreign companies/countries trading with Iran, but yes on specific sanctions against them on nuclear/chemical/biological weapon technology.

So his vote was somewhat less bad than Rand. Still, often these supposed weapon tech bans expand to a whole lot of dual-use items that can be quite innocuous.