PDA

View Full Version : Reality in the NC's 4th

-C-
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I've been around the triangle for the greater part of the last 6 years. I know this district, very very well. Lawson can win this district, but he will not succeed with 'the message' he is pushing now. There are some things that will work out to the benefit of Lawson. Such as, less minorities coming to the polls. The College students from the 3 major campuses that voted straight dem on the ballots are gone or leaving at the end of this summer and don't care about this race.

I went into his 'basement' office thing he had which he had highlighted how he did in the precints on election day. Not counting early/absentee voting. I was actually suprised by how well he actually did in this district. The largest concentration of voters were obviously on the campuses(obama effect.)

Look ive been doing extensive oppossition research on Price. He has a war chest and will media blitz with it as he has done for the last 21 years. Yea sure there is an 'anti-incumbent' wave some may say. But actually what that is, is a Mass-Strike of the population in scientific respect to the further collapse of the physical economy. Who is this mass-strike aimed at? Wall-Street and any incumbent who looks like they are protecting Wallstreet.

Some of you know I went to his house and he signed a resolution to support/endorse the Cantwell-McCain Act(Glass-Steagall) and Lincoln's amendment to regulate derivatives. Thats some hellified democratic legislation. But what I tried to offer him, was not just some signature on a sheet a paper from my PAC, but rather a campaign strategy that would get him elected.

He needs to revamp his entire website to convey to people that price has betrayed even his own party, and that he(lawson) is supporting the real efforts within the dem party to solve the problem.

How he does that isnt up to me b/c I dont get paid to do his PR, nor do I have control of it in any way.

Ive been examining traffic cameras(insert rant about civil liberties here) all over the district looking for the best places to 'guerilla advertise' his campaign on 'over passes' with big banners when traffic creeps. But im not going to mobilize myself, or any of the people I have here that could easily be persuaded to do so, if when they look at that banner, then pull out their smart phone while sitting in traffic they see something that will immediately turn them off. He has to 'fuel' the mass-strike against wallstreet.

He should also come out with a strong nuclear energy policy. That will win him some liberal duke-power voters over. He should also come out for the expropriation of BP America...and slam price for not devloping NC's Nuclear potential. I.E. he has to work 'labor' in the area.

Kludge said alot of what I wanted to say, b/c mainly I said it to him and he regurgitated it onto a thread after I got back from meeting with BJ and talked with him about it.

He has a campaign mngr whos coming out of Cali somewhere...I don't remember his name.

Also grass-roots have failed. Too many people jumped on, and are still riding, the RandWagon. The guy has plenty of money to win. Seriously.

BJ needs an endorsement from Ron asap. Stop waisting campaign money on Pocket Constitutions, handing someone that isnt going to make them come to the polls for you, especially if they go to Cato.org.

The chicken thing...im not even going there out of respect for BJ.

Look these people don't give a damn about reading a pocket constitution in small print. It isn't so much getting them to vote for him as it is getting them to vote against Price. Perception is reality, and he has to draw it as such that Price is an incumbemt rep of wall-street and Bank of America(which started here in NC and has given Price thousands) and that he represents everything against that, and he will win.

He still hasn't issued his own statement supporting the Lincoln amendment or Glass-Steagal, or more importantly, Price's involvement in stopping the lincoln amendment from being included in any reconciliation bill, and repealling glass-steagal which allowed BoA to eat up country-wide. Until I see a step in that direction I wont move to organize for him, because in all honesty i'd be wasting 20hours or more a week, and recources, fighting a losing campaign. He will come close, but no cigar at this rate. That is reality.

The guy who went with me interned for several dems in '08. He is willing to attempt to get endorsements from them out of their distaste for David Price. Which furthers my point that he has to fracture the dem voting base.

-Harris

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 02:38 PM
He should also come out for the expropriation of BP America

Dude is clueless. If BJ ever does that, this forum will campaign against him. New dude, we are not fans of Hugo Chavez here.

-C-
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Dude is clueless. If BJ ever does that, this forum will campaign against him. New dude, we are not fans of Hugo Chavez here.

I'm clueless? Look guy I'm trying to help. So you with your easy judgements of what this forum would and wont do can go to hell. Truthfully what the hell is the forum doing to campaign for him??? Tell me that. All im saying he should come out that BP shouldnt be subject to damage caps. Doing so, would in short, bankrupt them and pretty much all but expropriate them. Since the "damages" easily whipe out the 70ish bill of liquidity they claim they have. So damn the difference between lifting the liability cap and expropriation, the result is largely the same.

Also, I would like to say I commend you for scanning that to find the one thing you found wrong with it, then making some communist reference.

So you would campaign against him? lol...right.

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
It will help if you knew what expropriate means

To deprive a person of their property. To confiscate. Usually in reference to taking property for public use

That's saying that BJ should advocate communism.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/expropriate

MRoCkEd
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I actually do agree with most of your analysis (assuming BJ wants to win rather than "educate the masses" with Constitutions).

eOs
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome back Harris4Larouche. Why are you trying to ram down Lyndon's own fascist conspiratorial policies down liberty candidate's throats? Look out, there's a Britain behind you! See links below.

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/14390
"This amendment is the most serious threat to the British Empire running loose on this planet today," LaRouche said May 6. "The bill must be fully supported, without quibble. If you don't support this, it means you don't care about civilization."
http://www.larouchepac.com/node/13174
http://www.larouchepac.com/node/14679

Lyndon LaRouche reiterated the needed emergency solution for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill crisis: "Expropriate the British sons-o'-bitches! Take over BP! They owe us!"

AJ Antimony
06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I mostly agree, he has to get out of primary mode and step into general mode. He IS the Republican candidate. He will get Republican votes because no Republican would vote for David Price. Now he needs to work on Dem/Indy voters and if that means tweaking the message, then so be it. Rand Paul has tweaked the liberty message more than any before him... and he's winning, also unlike any before him.

If BJ wants to win, he needs to start tweaking his message.

-C-
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
It will help if you knew what expropriate means

That's saying that BJ should advocate communism.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/expropriate

No. Its saying that BJ doesn't support allowing a criminally negligent foreign entity to continue its operations on our coasts and qualify for a 'damage cap'

and what im saying is its possible for oil to be on NC beaches by election time. thats really what im saying.

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 03:13 PM
No. Its saying that BJ doesn't support allowing a criminally negligent foreign entity to continue its operations on our coasts and qualify for a 'damage cap'

and what im saying is its possible for oil to be on NC beaches by election time. thats really what im saying.

Maybe, but you're also saying he should advocate confiscation. Expect national republicans, probably including Ron Paul, to repudiate those statements if he ever makes them.

-C-
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe, but you're also saying he should advocate confiscation. Expect national republicans, probably including Ron Paul, to repudiate those statements if he ever makes them.

Ok. Have anything constructive to offer?

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Ok. Have anything constructive to offer?

Sure. Don't let BJ propose confiscation!

-C-
06-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Sure. Don't let BJ propose confiscation!

Ok then let him propose they be disqualified from damage caps?

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Ok then let him propose they be disqualified from damage caps?

Sure, but I doubt it will fly, as it would require to change the law retroactively, something that is illegal.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Some of you know I went to his house and he signed a resolution to support/endorse the Cantwell-McCain Act(Glass-Steagall) and Lincoln's amendment to regulate derivatives. Thats some hellified democratic legislation. But what I tried to offer him, was not just some signature on a sheet a paper from my PAC, but rather a campaign strategy that would get him elected.

He still hasn't issued his own statement supporting the Lincoln amendment or Glass-Steagal, or more importantly, Price's involvement in stopping the lincoln amendment from being included in any reconciliation bill, and repealling glass-steagal which allowed BoA to eat up country-wide. Until I see a step in that direction I wont move to organize for him, because in all honesty i'd be wasting 20hours or more a week, and recources, fighting a losing campaign. He will come close, but no cigar at this rate. That is reality.

This reeks of Lyndon LaRouche.

YouTube - Glass-Steagall: A LaRouche PAC Special Report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_TaNX9tHY)

Are the remaining people in the LaRouche amen corner be trying to infiltrate Ron Paul's movement to recruit? Could there be a dumber strategy?

He needs to revamp his entire website to convey to people that price has betrayed even his own party, and that he(lawson) is supporting the real efforts within the dem party to solve the problem.

B.J. Lawson is a principled, Ron Paul Republican from what I can tell. You basically want him to become an economic leftist: that's not going to happen.

Also grass-roots have failed. Too many people jumped on, and are still riding, the RandWagon. The guy has plenty of money to win. Seriously.

Shocker: winning is popular. And a U.S. Senate seat no less.

As for "plenty of money," that, of course, is nonsense and indicative of someone who knows next to nothing of the race. Paul has raised 3.2 million to date, most of which was spent in the primary. That's not nearly enough. In the last close Senate race in Kentucky in 2008; McConnell raised and spent 20 million and his opponent, Bruce Lunsford, raised and spent nearly 11 million.

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Great post RonPaulFanInGA.

Badger Paul
06-18-2010, 08:39 PM
All he needs to say is BP should pay for the clean-up, not the tax payer. Period. He can also say its time for the government to quit its cozy relationship with the oil industry and other forms of crony capitalism and call for a true free market in energy. That can broaden his support without making him look like a leftists and losing his base of support.

Nathan Hale
06-18-2010, 08:43 PM
I hate to be an "insider vs outsider" kind of guy, but I simply don't trust the word of a 5 post newbie. Show us that you're in for the long haul in a variety of threads before pitching your big strategy idea.