PDA

View Full Version : RONPAUL2008.com reaches new high!

paulitics
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=ronpaul2008.com

rank = 6594

we are getting CLOSER to Howard Dean's numbers of last election's past. Howard Dean went from longshot to frontrunner during the summer of 2003. I believe this growth spurt is just now occuring for us, and we may be crossing over into mainstream, maybe. Its a good sign that growth occurs after each debate. This means that the message is resonationg with the people at home.

But why did Dean lose? We need to ask ourselves what he did wrong in Iowa and NH to lose so badly to Kerry? His infamous Dean Scream came after he lost Iowa. Did he, and his meetup groups, spend enough time there, or did he not pay close enough attention.?

Remember he was a longshot darkhorse, turned internet phenomonan as well. He broke a record in fundraising during the 3rd quarter.

Mortikhi
10-13-2007, 07:06 PM
He screamed, and the media kept playing that scream over and over and over.

0zzy
10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Apparently he never talked to his supporters. You know, win, stay after, shake hands, sign stuff.

Pauls pro at that.

Richandler
10-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Media was directly responsible for Deans downfall. Just like the Media is directly responsible for Giuliani and Clintons support. They deny it all the time, but they are full of shit.

Also a lot of the current candidates have said completely stupid things. It's what the media chooses to exploit that creates winners and losers.

JPFromTally
10-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Leno and Letterman had a field day with that stupd scream.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Leno and Letterman had a field day with that stupd scream.

It was pretty funny.

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Each time Ron Paul seperates on a debate (and it isn't hard for him to do) - he will get more attention and fans.

paulitics
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM

The scream came after he bombed in Iowa. Frinshed 3rd place!

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
The scream came after he bombed in Iowa. Frinshed 3rd place!
He had good organization in NH, though, and he had been governor of neighboring Vermont. I suspect he would have won NH if not for the scream coverage.

trispear
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I was curious and watched the scream a few weeks ago in it's context because I never heard it before (not a Democratic voter, hence didn't pay attention to democratic primaries).

I have to say, the bigger story with the scream was the hit/smear job on Dean by the powers that be (the media). The scream itself was not that notable besides being beaten to death by the media.

Scary how they killed a candidate, and probably on purpose.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I was curious and watched the scream a few weeks ago in it's context because I never heard it before (not a Democratic voter, hence didn't pay attention to democratic primaries).

I have to say, the bigger story with the scream was the hit/smear job on Dean by the powers that be (the media). The scream itself was not that notable besides being beaten to death by the media.

Scary how they killed a candidate, and probably on purpose.
The scream was not even that notable to the people at the event, due to the loud crowd. It sounded quite normal...but on the mic it sounded terrible.

literatim
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM

I personally think Howard Dean was bribed to 'screw up' and basically lose so Kerry could win. Howard Dean's support literally came out of nowhere.

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 07:52 PM
The Dean scream was awesome! Although it probably made some people feel a bit uncomfortable.

richard1984
10-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Scream or no scream, Howard Dean ain't no Ron Paul!

We have staying power. We're the real deal.
I've never seen anything like Ron Paul and the Freedom Movement before.

Freedom is the key.

DXDoug
10-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Rons Also reaching New Heights on Google Trends, wonder how much longer it will go up for

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+mitt+romney%2C+john+mccain%2C +duncan+hunter%2C+Fred+thompson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

B964
10-14-2007, 04:58 AM
I can't see how just a scream could have ended his run. The context of the speach was right for some type of rally cry at the end. People are funny how a small thing sticks in their head.
I don't think we will have to worry about Dr. Paul screaming like that, that is for the supports to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtZV2a2_Tg

Chrispy
10-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Luckily we're immune to this kind of nonsense. I mean honestly once a Ron Paul supporter always and Ron Paul supporter. As soon as they see the light they are immune to stupid crap like a single scream tearing down an entire campaign. That single incident really shows how f*cked up the "democratic" system really is.

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 05:07 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/13/dicaprio-clooney-to-team-up-for-dean-movie/

For those of you who love the Dean scream, they're making a movie about it staring Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney! Pretty cool, huh? Soon they'll be making a movie about Ron Paul's rise from obscure Congressman to President of the United States! Byaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

JMann
10-14-2007, 09:07 AM
He had good organization in NH, though, and he had been governor of neighboring Vermont. I suspect he would have won NH if not for the scream coverage.

Dean set high expectations for Iowa and failed. You can't be the front runner and finish 3rd in Iowa. Followed by what appeared to be a breakdown on national tv. Yes, The media played it over and over and yes the camera angle from behind Dean that showed the very large crowd painted a slightly different picture but the in life perception is reality.

If the event occurred today, how many youtube views would it have? It wouldn't matter if the media played it once.

Suzu
10-14-2007, 09:13 AM
http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=ronpaul2008.com

rank = 6594

When I click that link, I see: "Ronpaul2008.com has a traffic rank of: 19,019" - where did you get the 6594 figure?

At any rate, the more important figure is the one lower down on the page, where the traffic rank is listed by country. I think the figure at the top is some kind of global average.

According to Alexa, right now, RonPaul2008.com is #1582 in the United States, which is where it really counts!

Corydoras
10-14-2007, 09:29 AM
His infamous Dean Scream came after he lost Iowa. Did he, and his meetup groups, spend enough time there, or did he not pay close enough attention.?

There was an Iowan on this board a few weeks back who said the problem was that he ran his Iowa campaign as though it were for a primary election, rather than for a caucus-- that he should have narrowly targeted the relatively small number of supervoters who were likely to attend the caucus, rather than trying to sway the population.

stevedasbach
10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
When I click that link, I see: "Ronpaul2008.com has a traffic rank of: 19,019" - where did you get the 6594 figure?

At any rate, the more important figure is the one lower down on the page, where the traffic rank is listed by country. I think the figure at the top is some kind of global average.

According to Alexa, right now, RonPaul2008.com is #1582 in the United States, which is where it really counts!

19019 is the 3 month average. 6594 was the daily rank on Oct 11. Scroll down to see the daily and weekly ranks.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Media was directly responsible for Deans downfall. Just like the Media is directly responsible for Giuliani and Clintons support. They deny it all the time, but they are full of shit.

Also a lot of the current candidates have said completely stupid things. It's what the media chooses to exploit that creates winners and losers.

Yup.

cjhowe
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Rons Also reaching New Heights on Google Trends, wonder how much longer it will go up for

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+mitt+romney%2C+john+mccain%2C +duncan+hunter%2C+Fred+thompson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

This is probably a bit more telling
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+romney%2C+mccain%2C+giuliani% 2C+Fred+Thompson&ctab=0&geo=US&geor=all&date=mtd&sort=0

Lois
10-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow -- I just went to YouTube and saw the famous "Howard Dean Scream" for the first time! What a disappointment. It was nothing -- just him being enthusiastic and saying "Yeah!" So what? What's the big deal about that? What's wrong with that? I thought it was a real scream from what everyone was saying. For that ''yeah", he lost the election???? WTF??

Corydoras
10-14-2007, 09:41 AM
It wasn't the stupidity of what Dean said, it was the grandiosity. There is no way a reasonable person would talk about the primaries as if they were Agincourt. The media made fun of Dean, but they were pointing at a real problem, the grandiosity. This is not a problem Ron Paul has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Crispin's_Day_Speech#The_St._Crispin.27s_Day_S peech