PDA

View Full Version : Florida believes it deserves MORE of the 20B from BP

MsDoodahs
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I didn't care to watch the story, but I saw that FBN was about to have on some of the FL state people who are claiming they deserve more than LA and MS, should get more $$ out of BP.

:rolleyes:

Elwar
06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Odd...looks like it's screwing up LA and MS a lot more right now.

I just don't like how all of the government work being done around here focussing on the after affects (cleaning the birds, cleaning the beaches). We need barriers up all along the coast.

MelissaWV
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I didn't care to watch the story, but I saw that FBN was about to have on some of the FL state people who are claiming they deserve more than LA and MS, should get more $$ out of BP.

:rolleyes:

Playing Devil's Advocate on some level, Florida has contributed a lot of the wildlife relocation manpower and locations, and having had warning it has been doing a lot more in preparation for the spill. Of course, there will still be a great deal that needs to be done in LA, MS, and AL (people forget that little bit of coast) as far as cleanup. FL also has a hell of a lot of coastline that, by the time this is done, might be drenched (this has potential to whip around and even end up on the Atlantic side). Lastly, FL's economy is tourism-based, so people will claim their beachside resorts are empty due to the spill (not the economy; that was getting better... Obama said so!).

In reality, it has more to do with who's got the loudest lobby, I'm guessing.

RM918
06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Animals fighting over scraps.

Anti Federalist
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
BP America will declare bankruptcy, the whole thing will get thrown into the courts, the everfucking lawyers will get their cuts, taxpayers will end up footing the bill, real people who need real compensation will get the shaft and some third party oil company will buy up BP's incredibly valuable assets and producing fields for pennies on the dollar.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Animals fighting over scraps.

Basically, state governments trying to get money to shore up their budgets and look like Santa Claus