PDA

View Full Version : These Polls need to be neutralized NOW!!!!

syborius
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
He needs to take a strong stand on these poll numbers. This is hurting him beyond anything else right now. The new tactic of the MSM is not to attack the message but to embrace it, and in the same breath disregard it. Any new person watching will say exactly this "what a nice man, tooooo bad he can't win", "ok, now who do I pick" This is very problematic. The campaign needs to address this in a big way. They need to take a stand and say we will not do anymore interviews if the background picture will display these poll numbers. The psychological effect is extremely damaging. He is getting all this new press, and the "ONLY" reason his fund raising is not skyrocketing is because of these false polls with him at 2%-1%. The only thing the msm has to fight RP with right now is to use these false numbers, repeatedly, over, and over, and over again. Americans like to pick winners. We are about winning. For the non-converted 2% is really the kiss of death.

Someone here had a good idea. We need to hire our own companies, and do our own polls, and each time Ron Paul is interviewed he needs to present his number, and on that fact he needs to be extremely angry. If he does not change his position on some of these rigged polls we are doomed. Please people. You need to think of a way to neutralize this one MSM attack. I hope the campaign is listening here. If you neutralize the polls, Ron Paul will be the next president. This is the most important thing to over-come right now in my estimation. The one item that is causing him the most damage.

Good luck.

LibertyEagle
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Go hand out some more Slim Jims. That is the best way to get the poll numbers up.

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Go hand out some more Slim Jims. That is the best way to get the poll numbers up.

Word.

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
If we came up with our own poll no one would believe it. They would ask, Where did you get these numbers? Then Ron Paul would say, Well I hired this company and they produced the numbers that put me at 20% nationally. We'd be countering rigged polls with more rigged polls! I agree with Liberty Eagle that the money is better spent spreading the message!

kylejack
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
An exercise for you: dial a random phone number and ask them if they're going to vote in the Republican primary. If yes, ask them who they support for President. Hang up and do this 100 times. You'll be lucky to get more than 4 people for Ron.

Now stop complaining about the polls and go hand out some slimjims.

Bradley in DC
10-13-2007, 06:46 PM

Agreed.

paulitics
10-13-2007, 06:47 PM
If we win NH the mainstream media will be discredited for saying we are 2%, and their attempts to marginalize us will backfire. We are 6% in NH. We can win that state. Another state we can win early on, is MI. If we win NH, I believe a MI win is quite possible. At that point, the game is on, and it will not matter what the polls say.

Richandler
10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I thought it was really weird that Ron was at 4% not to long ago and somehow Huckabee went up to 5% and didn't raised 1/5th the money. I smell poll fixing, I bet it is very hard to find 1 Paul support who has taken one of these polls. We'll stun them. Most republicans are cowaring to even go to the polls we have a huge chance to nail this election with a couple months left before the first primary.

rpfreedom08
10-13-2007, 06:51 PM
two things i think.

1. slim jims!
2. good videos on youtube that really drive the points home about how polls are done and how the method of use is arkaik in this day and age of cell phones and other forms of communication.

majinkoola
10-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I thought it was really weird that Ron was at 4% not to long ago and somehow Huckabee went up to 5% and didn't raised 1/5th the money. I smell poll fixing, I bet it is very hard to find 1 Paul support who has taken one of these polls. We'll stun them. Most republicans are cowaring to even go to the polls we have a huge chance to nail this election with a couple months left before the first primary.

Regarding Huckabee, those numbers aren't fixed. I know a lot of Christians who are not happy with the "big 4" and are looking for someone who they think is a real Christian. And they've been brainwashed into the war mentality. So Huckabee's their guy.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Regarding Huckabee, those numbers aren't fixed. I know a lot of Christians who are not happy with the "big 4" and are looking for someone who they think is a real Christian. And they've been brainwashed into the war mentality. So Huckabee's their guy.
Correct, and he also got some media hype after his Ames finish.

quickmike
10-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Too many people want to just sit behind a keyboard and try drumming up support from there. Were well beyond that now. Just about everyone whos into politics and uses the internet already knows about Ron Paul and either likes him or doesnt like him. Its time to get on foot and spread the message to your neighbors, even if you cant stand the f---kers. I did it, so can you. :D

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Too many people want to just sit behind a keyboard and try drumming up support from there. Were well beyond that now. Just about everyone whos into politics and uses the internet already knows about Ron Paul and either likes him or doesnt like him. Its time to get on foot and spread the message to your neighbors, even if you cant stand the f---kers. I did it, so can you. :D
My only problem: running out of slimjims! :D

terlinguatx
10-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Bradley in DC
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I agree with the OP that the so called "official" polls have skewed samples. They don't call cellphones so this counts out many college students and young professionals. They only call registered republicans so this counts out all the new voters, independents, liberatarians, and democrats Paul has attracted. The best way to gauge paul's true numbers is by studying the prediction markets. Intrade.com has Paul at 7% up 1% from a month ago.

The only "best way to guage Dr. Paul's true numbers" is to look at the election results. The best way to affect what those results will be is to recruit more converts to our cause, not whining about polls. ;)

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't think a method that people can alter by buying more shares is a good gauge at all. We all know how overzealous Ron Paul supporters can be.

terlinguatx
10-13-2007, 07:09 PM

FreedomLover
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
An exercise for you: dial a random phone number and ask them if they're going to vote in the Republican primary. If yes, ask them who they support for President. Hang up and do this 100 times. You'll be lucky to get more than 4 people for Ron.

Now stop complaining about the polls and go hand out some slimjims.

Read right here people. His numbers ain't going up to 50% automatically once we do our own poll. I doubt it would even go up to 10%.

Put that anger from polls and put it in making money to send to the fundraiser, or buy banners.

itsnobody
10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Instead of complaining about all these low polling numbers we should be spreading the word about Ron Paul everywhere, then donations would go up as would poll numbers

EvoPro
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree that the most important thing is to get out there and spread the word. But also include in that word the fact that he wins the "call-in" polls after the foxnews debates. Also that the landline polls are outdated. Younger people do not use landlines and if they do, they have callerID and don't answer. Also much of his support is from Independents/Democrats that are not called.

The only way to get higher in the polls is for the average voters to believe he can win.

paulitics
10-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Instead of complaining about all these low polling numbers we should be spreading the word about Ron Paul everywhere, then donations would go up as would poll numbers

true, but we need a good rebuttal for that common objection of "he can't win, I'm not wasting my vote".

syborius
10-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Everyone here is missing the point. If it polls are rigged, if he is not included, no matter how many times you go out and hand out a slim jim, he will be at 1%. He can not keep on going to these interviews with a big display looming that says 1%. The campaign needs to hire a private co. to run a POLL, and then use that "data" in an interview. Just like that "one" internet company that showed that many of the campaign money/"supporters" came from the military. Why can't the campaign hire a company to run it's own polling, and each time, before a sit down, say, Hey, if you want to mention this "data" you need to be fair, and mention our independent poll. This will at least give a fighting chance in that instance. You people seem to be missing the point here in a big way. Each time it is showed he is at 1-2% we lose huge, huge support. No matter how many slim jims I hand out it won't change what the MSM is doing unless we take them head on.

rpfreedom08
10-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Ahhh makes complete sence. Yes yes yes slim jims :)

terlinguatx
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM

syborius
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
If we came up with our own poll no one would believe it. They would ask, Where did you get these numbers? Then Ron Paul would say, Well I hired this company and they produced the numbers that put me at 20% nationally. We'd be countering rigged polls with more rigged polls! I agree with Liberty Eagle that the money is better spent spreading the message!

hire an independent pollster/co....and feed that data to the MSM, and hope some news channels pick it up, like that internet co. that ran a study on military contributions. That gave him great coverage.

Crunchy
10-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I called 50 random numbers and pretended to be a pollster, 6 were for Ron Paul and that was a second after Hillary Clinton with 16. The media is a bunch of propaganda shit.:)

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I called 50 random numbers and pretended to be a pollster, 6 were for Ron Paul and that was a second after Hillary Clinton with 16. The media is a bunch of propaganda shit.:)

Did you just call people in one state or area?

kylejack
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Uhhh, hm. I don't believe you.