PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul going on Rob Insana's Show Monday

TheState
06-18-2010, 11:26 AM
From Twitter:

agreed to go on Ron Insana's radio show, The Insana Quotient Monday morning, 8am EST

This should be interesting.

ladyjade3
06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
umm... bump.

dannno
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Dammit, wasn't Schiff supposed to go on there? I know they postponed him cause of Obama's speech, but why is Ron going on now?

I hope they give him some time.

Cowlesy
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Didn't Insana call Ron insane or something?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Called him a simpleton, and idiot, all kinds of stuff.

dannno
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM

He called him a "simpleton" who doesn't know anything about basic economics.

They were talking about his gold investments, and insinuating that he wants the gold standard so his portfolio will go up :rolleyes: nevermind that his trying to preserve the value of the dollar which would ultimately hurt his gold investments...

Schiff has a great blog on the topic from 3 days ago I believe.. He was making the point that everything Ron Paul is trying to do is hurting his gold investments, but he holds them anyway because he believes that in good probability he will fail.

PeacePlan
06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Called him a simpleton, and idiot, all kinds of stuff.

I love it when RP is challenged on his economics - he will make Insana look like an idiot!

low preference guy
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
The Morning Joe should defend Ron on this.

Joe often goes through Ron Paul's 2002 predictions of a housing bubble. He should read them and compare to the performance of Insana's portfolio.

ctiger2
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Would be nice if they could get Schiff & Paul on at the same time.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Schiff was saying Insana started a Hedge fund a few years ago....it folded after 2 years lol.

Pauliana
06-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Gosh, I think the Insana Quotient takes callers. What should we do about that?

catdd
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
If Insana wanted RP on the show, there are better ways to ask him.

IPSecure
06-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Interview: Link (http://www.roninsanashow.com/programhighlights)

JVParkour
06-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Some commentary starts at 25 minutes in.

JVParkour
06-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Ron starts at 34 minutes in.

lester1/2jr
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
brief inteview. now he's gone and he's not going to be there to defend his arguments. dumb format

Insana is now talking about his talks with Greenspan post 9-11. the rationale for lowering interest rates as the poeple were "cocooning" and not spending money so I guess lower interest rates, and bush's tax cuts, were a way to get people out of their houses and into the malls. Interesting that the goal of neither the rate or tax cuts was anything resembling any sort of prudency or a relation to the budget or anything. It has the fig leaf of this was done to make sure unemplyment didn't go to high which falls under the feds job description but you can see how ridiculous this thinking is.

Instead of addressing the reason for terrorism and the fact that we will now be subject to more attacks like this unless we change something, we give the consumer steroids, essentially, in the form of cheap money.

because we couldn't face the reality of our ruinous foreign policy and the fact that we had an internet boom based on nothing thye get the fine idea to push the thing down the road a ways and not big suprise that greenspan was out by the time the shit hit the fan.