PDA

View Full Version : FCC "reclassifies" Internet so that it can regulate it!

Matt Collins
06-18-2010, 10:52 AM
The Federal Communications Commission released a Notice of Inquiry today to “reclassify” the internet, which would increase the agency's regulatory control. The FCC has carefully crafted its words to make this change seem minute, but in fact, this “reclassification” has enormous potential to harm consumers and could adversely affect broadband deployment. Far from being a slight change, this reclassification would, for the first time, allow the FCC to regulate the internet, threatening innovation in this dynamic sector of the economy.

SOURCE:
http://www.freedomworks.org/press-releases/new-fcc-plan-a-threat-to-internet-freedom

AGRP
06-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Can we reclassify the FCC as a terrorist organization?

free1
06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Please do!

Sentient Void
06-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Do they seriously have authority to do this? i thought something had to go through congress first????

Please don't tell me they legitimately now have the authority to do these things...

Stary Hickory
06-18-2010, 12:48 PM

We really need to abolish the FCC, I'd love to think the GOP would help, but they probably will do nothing whatsoever like they normally do.

Stary Hickory
06-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Do they seriously have authority to do this? i thought something had to go through congress first????

Please don't tell me they legitimately now have the authority to do these things...

Well they don't but this admin and congress are simply bypassing the legislative branch by giving the go ahead on these things. The EPA is trying to pull the same stunt. Corruption is getting worse and worse in government.

It's at a stage now where I cannot believe decent human being would allow these people to do this.

Original_Intent
06-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Of course, they only have the authority we consent to give them.

And for the past 100+ years, they have taken silence on their actions as consent.

The time is fast approaching when people are going to exercise their LEGITIMATE authority to throw off the shackles.

I would love to see them throw the so called "kill switch". You'd get a million man march in DC of pissed of World of Warcraft players alone.

Kylie
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I wonder what would happen if the people threatened the companies providing the service with mass removal of their monies.

If everyone who has charter would threaten Charter with disconnection if they abide by these bullshit laws, and the people would actually follow through with the threat.

That would put it on the corporations to fight the government, otherwise they will not get paid by us. Then again, the .gov would just give them our money anyway, so it probably wouldn't work.

I hate being over a barrel :mad:

LibertyWorker
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
A long time ago humans beat each other with their fists..... and then someone picked up a rock.

the Internet and technology is like an arms race between us and the government. They want control of it so they can control us. We want control of it so they can't control us.

It's not the Stone Age..... or the Bronze Age..... it's the age of technology.

nowadays a guy with a laptop and a WiFi connection can be a virtual weapon of mass destruction.

Every time wiki leaks releases a video of people being massacred, it's like a little mushroom cloud going off over at the Pentagon.

Now if only we figure out how to leverage the power of the Internet in a mass act of civil disobedience. :eek:

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Doesn't this proposal by the FCC merely restore the Internet's original classification? It has already been changed once before now, I think, at the behest of lobbyists.

susano
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Israeli agent Joe Lieberman's bill is apparently flying through CONgress

http://www.infowars.com/can-obama-shut-down-the-internet/

http://www.infowars.com/lieberman-introduces-bill-targeting-internet-freedom/

tpreitzel
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I've been prepared for this eventuality for awhile. Personally, the WWW was created by the government as a convenient mechanism of control. I'm already on dial-up which is more than sufficient for communicating with graphics, including animation, and text. True, ALL networks are highly controlled, but control of the InterNet has lagged until dependency was in place. Now the crackdown will likely begin in earnest, but just like Cap 'N' Trade for global "warming", control of the InterNet will largely pass without real opposition. * Basically, the WWW was created to centralize commerce through centralizing communication. The InterNet will continue to exist even without the WWW.

* Haven't we finally realized that "real opposition" implies the power of FORCE and the potential application of FORCE means weapons? ;)

heavenlyboy34
06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
these fascists piss me off! :mad:

sailingaway
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
The Federal Communications Commission released a Notice of Inquiry today to “reclassify” the internet, which would increase the agency's regulatory control. The FCC has carefully crafted its words to make this change seem minute, but in fact, this “reclassification” has enormous potential to harm consumers and could adversely affect broadband deployment. Far from being a slight change, this reclassification would, for the first time, allow the FCC to regulate the internet, threatening innovation in this dynamic sector of the economy.

SOURCE:
http://www.freedomworks.org/press-releases/new-fcc-plan-a-threat-to-internet-freedom

Each and every one of us should submit comments on this within the notice period. Swamp them. AND get to your Senators and Congressmen. But if it isn't in the notice period, they don't have to administratively respond to it. I don't know how reclassifying it unilaterally would change the recent court case saying Congress simply never gave them power to regulate the internet.

AGRP
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Please do!

We really need to abolish the FCC, I'd love to think the GOP would help, but they probably will do nothing whatsoever like they normally do.

In all seriousness, they are a terrorist organization.

They have taken the white collar approach to stuffing socks down our throats; demanding sources by holding us hostage in an abandoned new jersey warehouse with guns to our heads.

heavenlyboy34
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Each and every one of us should submit comments on this within the notice period. Swamp them. AND get to your Senators and Congressmen. But if it isn't in the notice period, they don't have to administratively respond to it. I don't know how reclassifying it unilaterally would change the recent court case saying Congress simply never gave them power to regulate the internet.

I doubt these mafiosos will care about your letters and calls to congress-critters:p, but you can try if you like.

susano
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
It's the ZioNazis, people. Better believe it. They'd like to run this country just like Israel. The zionists have always controlled everything through a stranglehold on information. We have traitors in our midst and Lieberman is among the worst. I think he's McCain's mind control handler.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-18-2010, 03:08 PM
What's the purpose of the FCC again?

Can u imagine how technologically advanced we would be WITHOUT the FCC in the way? What is their purpose?

Dr.3D
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Can u imagine how technologically advanced we would be WITHOUT the FCC in the way? What is their purpose?

As I recall, it was created to regulate the frequencies of the over the air radio spectrum.

Now if that is the case, then just what are they doing regulating anything else?

Matt Collins
06-18-2010, 03:45 PM
To socialize communication :rolleyes:

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
As I recall, it was created to regulate the frequencies of the over the air radio spectrum.

Now if that is the case, then just what are they doing regulating anything else?

So, the government controls the air? Geez.

Stary Hickory
06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
The FCC has no business anywhere near the internet. I will not stop until they are abolished and humiliated. They have got to go, along with the EPA.

BuddyRey
06-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Not good news.

Working Poor
06-19-2010, 03:06 AM
The geeks of the world control the internet and they will never give it to the FCC at least that is what I have been told....

Dr.3D
06-19-2010, 12:38 PM
So, the government controls the air? Geez.

No, they allocate the frequencies so people are not interfering with the commercial broadcast bands, military bands and emergency service bands. They are supposed to be making sure there is no interference between those bands of radio frequencies.

I'm not sure how they some how got the idea they were able to regulate anything other than that, but it appears they have as other government, gotten a big head and decided they can take control of more than they are supposed to.

Matt Collins
06-19-2010, 08:34 PM
YouTube - 3 Reasons The FCC Shouldn't "Touch" The Internets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyUeiR7djQ&feature=player_embedded)