PDA

View Full Version : Alert Issued for 17 Afghan Military Members AWOL From U.S. Air Force Base

BlackTerrel
06-18-2010, 12:36 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/17/afghan-military-deserters-missing-air-force-base/

A nationwide alert has been issued for 17 members of the Afghan military who have gone AWOL from a Texas Air Force base where foreign military officers who are training to become pilots are taught English, FoxNews.com has learned.

The Afghan officers and enlisted men have security badges that give them access to secure U.S. defense installations, according to the lookout bulletin, "Afghan Military Deserters in CONUS [Continental U.S.]," issued by Naval Criminal Investigative Service in Dallas, and obtained by FoxNews.com...

..."I can confirm that 17 have gone missing from the Defense Language Institute," said Gary Emery, Chief of Public Affairs, 37th Training Wing, at Lackland AFB. "They disappeared over the course of the last two years, and none in the last three months."

Each Afghan was issued a Department of Defense Common Access Card, an identification card used to gain access to secure military installations, with which they "could attempt to enter DOD installations," according to the bulletin. Base security officers were encouraged to disseminate the bulletin to their personnel.

What the fuck is going on?

Kludge
06-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Ummmm.... Oh dear.

devil21
06-18-2010, 01:08 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/17/afghan-military-deserters-missing-air-force-base/

What the fuck is going on?

Honestly? Probably the next installment of false flag terrorism on our shores. Seemingly without fail, everytime a terrorist attack happens here theres fingerprints of our own military and/or intelligence apparatus revealed. My question is: Was this news item supposed to be released? This is probably something to watch and see if it gets buried. Nice find BT.

(btw, why the fuck are we training foreign military on our shores?)

0zzy
06-18-2010, 01:13 AM
so, in a period between 2 years ago to 3 months ago, 17 Afghans have went AWOL on a military base?

Do ya think that after the first few who went AWOL that they'd stop this program of training foreign military (especially from countries in which we are conducting war in) on US bases?

I'm confused.

BlackTerrel
06-18-2010, 01:19 AM
Honestly? Probably the next installment of false flag terrorism on our shores. Seemingly without fail, everytime a terrorist attack happens here theres fingerprints of our own military and/or intelligence apparatus revealed. My question is: Was this news item supposed to be released? This is probably something to watch and see if it gets buried. Nice find BT.

I am generally not one for conspiracies but this is either something really fishy or one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

We just let loose 17 Afghan military on US soil and we have no idea where they are. Oh by the way they were issued access cards that allow them to enter secure military installations.

Fuck me.

Uriel999
06-18-2010, 01:20 AM
so, in a period between 2 years ago to 3 months ago, 17 Afghans have went AWOL on a military base?

Do ya think that after the first few who went AWOL that they'd stop this program of training foreign military (especially from countries in which we are conducting war in) on US bases?

I'm confused.

the CIA says to STFU

Kludge
06-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Fuck me.

Gladly.

amy31416
06-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Gladly.

x2

roho76
06-18-2010, 06:36 AM
The Afghan officers and enlisted men have security badges that give them access to secure U.S. defense installations, according to the lookout bulletin

Each Afghan was issued a Department of Defense Common Access Card, an identification card used to gain access to secure military installations, with which they "could attempt to enter DOD installations,"

Why did they repeat this? Seems stupid. Can't they turn these things off? I would assume not since these people are to stupid to open a jar of peanut butter with a new department but still. Are they permanent once their made? What gives?

tangent4ronpaul
06-18-2010, 07:51 AM
It's a non-news item that should tell you 2 very inportant things:

1) Something bad is going to get snuck through - watch Congress like a hawk and read the stories in the back of the paper.

2) We (the taxpayers) get to BUY Afganistan an air force! - ain't that swell... :rolleyes:

-t

Elwar
06-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Each Afghan was issued a Department of Defense Common Access Card, an identification card used to gain access to secure military installations, with which they "could attempt to enter DOD installations," according to the bulletin. Base security officers were encouraged to disseminate the bulletin to their personnel.

I work in military facilities all the time. Whenever you go to a new site you have to get a completely new badge for that site. Their security officer has to run you through the system and you have to have permission from your security officer to give you access to anything secure.

You can get onto base with your CAC card, but you have to have a sticker on your car showing that you're authorized to get onto a military base or else they'll send you in to go through the process of getting a temporary card to get in. To get the temporary card you have to have a contact on base which they call up and verify. If they're driving a rental and they're there temporarily they probably only have the temp card which only gets you on that base.

Also, the CAC cards have different colors showing that you're a contractor, or military or foreign national, etc. I still have my expired CAC card (that says contractor). I use it to get a military discount at the dollar movie theater. Worst they can do is get into a movie theater for a dollar less...(That's $17 dollars all together!!! :0)

Elwar
06-18-2010, 08:09 AM
As for training foreign pilots. Where I work we train foreign pilots all the time on our simulators. And we're not even on a military base, the pilots go back to their hotels at night.

devil21
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
As for training foreign pilots. Where I work we train foreign pilots all the time on our simulators. And we're not even on a military base, the pilots go back to their hotels at night.

Im going to assume that it is in preparation to feed the military/industrial complex by selling those countries our fighter aircraft.

Danke
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
x2

So Mary is into black men too?

amy31416
06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
//

dannno
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Discrimination!!

Danke
06-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Of course!!

OK

BlackTerrel
06-18-2010, 07:05 PM

They never go back.

Vessol
06-18-2010, 08:39 PM
The question is, why are they making this a news story right now?

Stary Hickory
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
There is nothing sinister at work here. 17 Afghans came over for a English/training course, they are given complete freedom when they are here. All the students on Lackland AFB in that Insitute are given ID cards(to get on and off base) and a hotel room. They go to class five days a week and their off hours are all theirs. They only answer really to their country military leaders unless something very problematic comes up. Then US military personnel intervene and often enough foreign students get deported back to the home country.

Looks like the 17 Afghan students did not want to go back to Afghanistan. I mean they could be trouble makers but I really doubt it.

If you check that school out you will see that the Institute has students from all sorts of countries even Russia

Vessol
06-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Fox News always likes a good 'terror scare'.

BlackTerrel
06-18-2010, 11:13 PM
There is nothing sinister at work here. 17 Afghans came over for a English/training course, they are given complete freedom when they are here. All the students on Lackland AFB in that Insitute are given ID cards(to get on and off base) and a hotel room. They go to class five days a week and their off hours are all theirs. They only answer really to their country military leaders unless something very problematic comes up. Then US military personnel intervene and often enough foreign students get deported back to the home country.

Looks like the 17 Afghan students did not want to go back to Afghanistan. I mean they could be trouble makers but I really doubt it.

If you check that school out you will see that the Institute has students from all sorts of countries even Russia

Ok thanks for explaining it. I still question why we would bring foreign troops over to train them in English. Why?

Fox News always likes a good 'terror scare'.

Well that and they like to make the Obama administration look dumb. In this case, however, I think it was pretty dumb.

Kýrie eléison
06-19-2010, 01:25 AM
My bad for double posting this earlier.

Yeah, I think this is some BS. Just sounds like some people who did not want to go back to the hellhole. Only bad thing I can see coming from this like someone said before, is Congress trying to pass some BS "anti-terrorism act" to deal with this.