lynnf
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pauldobson/index.html

and pass it on

done!

lynn

ScotTX
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't think Dobson will ever endorse RP even if a million people signed the petition. Dobson is anti-gay and very pro-U.S. support for Israel. We need to forget about the religious right and focus on the BIG undecided population who aren't religious zealots.

I'll sign it though. Can't hurt, right?!

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think Dobson will ever endorse RP even if a million people signed the petition. Dobson is anti-gay and very pro-U.S. support for Israel. We need to forget about the religious right and focus on the BIG undecided population who aren't religious zealots.

I do think he'd choose Paul over any other likely nomination though.

reaver
10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I think we should be thankful he doesn't support anyone at all. If he came to the conclusion on his own to tell his base to just stay home and not support these crooks it would be great.

hard@work
10-13-2007, 07:05 PM

The same laws that protect "gay rights" are the ones that protect religion. The Christian people of the United States have had their rights assaulted as much as any "group" in the nation. Ron Paul stands for protecting all rights, and his presidency would restore much of the damage done to the freedoms of the Christian communities in our nation. Dobson gets this I'm sure, but it also means he must sacrifice the idea of theocracy in the name of patriotism and liberty. I am of the opinion that the misguided attempts to legislate virtue are merely a self defense reaction to the attacks on Christian communities by forces using the government to remove their own liberty. I hope they will see this and realize what a Paul candicacy means in terms of restoring their right to live their lives how they choose without interference of special interest groups. And on a personal note, I kinda miss saying "Merry Christmas".

As for Israel, one of the most stinging occurences that Dobson and ilk have to be facing now is the outright betrayal of the neoconservatives they put into power. It was the Christian right that brought about the neoconservative movement. There is a clear fragmentation and outright abandonment of the neocons from their Evangelical supporters. This is where we may win over the zealots desire for more death under patriotism. If the neocons abandonment of the Evangelicals is enough for Dobson and crew to wake up to the fact that they were used like tools for another master then it's over for them.

I'm praying hard right now that it comes to pass. We need the Evangelicals back on the side of liberty and back on the side of America.

steph3n
10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
there are very good reasons to support Dr Paul. chin up bud :)