PDA

View Full Version : Police Dog vs. Child "Suspect"

MelissaWV
06-17-2010, 05:41 PM
With all the LEO threads around, I feel this definitely belongs.

A K9 officer unleashed a big problem when his German Shepherd attacked the wrong person... a person was barely bigger than the dog who bit him.

According to police, Cpl. Tim Durst was responding to a burglary call in Northwest Gainesville where 3 juveniles had reportedly broken into a house when he spotted 10-year old Bryce Bates and thought he was a suspect.

Officials say Durst called to Bryce to stop running, and when he didn't, Durst released his K-9. But... Bryce wasn't the suspect. Lt. Larry Seale says the department is reviewing the incident like they do with-- as Seale says-- all excessive force cases.

Bryce was treated for the bites at Shands UF.

Interestingly, there's more to this story (in case you were thinking there was a good reason to suspect the child).

http://www.wcjb.com/news/7104/k-9-attacks-kid

Watch the video. The person who reported the crime? Well, there wasn't a crime at all. Oops.

jmdrake
06-20-2010, 08:15 PM
With all the LEO threads around, I feel this definitely belongs.

Interestingly, there's more to this story (in case you were thinking there was a good reason to suspect the child).

http://www.wcjb.com/news/7104/k-9-attacks-kid

Watch the video. The person who reported the crime? Well, there wasn't a crime at all. Oops.

Oops indeed! I thought K9s were supposed to be reserved for suspects thought to be dangerous?

Lafayette
06-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Oops indeed! I thought K9s were supposed to be reserved for suspects thought to be dangerous?

I see you've never gone toe to toe with a 10 year old carrying a sponge bob lunch box full of assault weapons.

tasteless
06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
If someone were to attack the police dog, they'd probably be charged with assaulting an officer

If police attack a civilian dog, they are justified no matter what

RideTheDirt
06-20-2010, 10:12 PM
If someone were to attack the police dog, they'd probably be charged with assaulting an officer

If police attack a civilian dog, they are justified no matter what
this