PDA

View Full Version : Obama gives $2 Billion to Brazil to DRILL OFFSHORE with now unused gulf equipment

free1
06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Yea, that's right.

It's in the news now, google it.

It was our equipment, it's specialized equipment, we lost it because of obama shutting down the gulf. Now it goes elsewhere, for how long, we don't know.

JOBS? Where we're going we don't need jobs!

phill4paul
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Can we just go ahead with the revolution already? I mean WTF? Everyday there is the evidence of a government which, with deliberation, works towards the detriment of its citizens.:mad:

sevin
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
If I were trying to destroy the U.S. economy without hurting my banking friends, I would do exactly what Obama has been doing.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
At your suggestion I did google it. It is not true.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/obama_offshore_drilling_brazil.htm

Brazil was lent $2 billion to buy equipment in 2009. They were not given $2 billion worth of equipment in the wake of the current oil spill.

In April 2009, the U.S. Export-Import Bank, whose stated mission is "to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets," approved a preliminary commitment to lend at least $2 billion to Petrobras, Brazil's national oil company, to fund the purchase of equipment and services from American companies. The commitment was approved by the Export-Import Bank's bipartisan Board of Directors before any Obama appointees joined the agency.

Dr.3D
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, if he did do it, I can see his motive. He just wants to spread the wealth. Brazil in his mind needs the money more than the United States does.

After all, they are a poor country.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Shit, Petrobras is (was) drilling here in the US Gulf.

Juan McCain
06-17-2010, 09:57 PM
by an Executive Order, BO gets a $2 billion loan to the Brazilian national oil company (August 2009) ?

Why can an executive order be used like that ?

Anti Federalist
06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
by an Executive Order, BO gets a $2 billion loan to the Brazilian national oil company (August 2009) ?

Fuck if I know. :mad:

I stopped wondering sometime around 2005 or so, and pretty much have figured the executive can do whatever they feel like anymore.

Some of us have been wondering how, regardless of crisis, how the executive can "order" a private company to cough up 20 BILLION dollars to be put into their own self administered slush fund.

Zippyjuan
06-18-2010, 02:43 AM

What executive order? There was no executive order to do it.

Pennsylvania
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
How not to start a thread 101

Juan McCain
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
What executive order? There was no executive order to do it.

You may be right about that . . . apparently it was Fox and Glenn Beck who reported it as an executive order
and that came up in my initial google search. My bad.

Today even though President Obama is against off shore drilling for oil for this country. He signed an executive order to loan 2 Billion of our taxpayers dollars
to a Brazilian Oil Exploration Company (which is the 8th largest company in the entire world) to drill for oil off the coast of Brazil. The oil that comes
from this operation is for the sole purpose and use of China and not the USA. The Chinese government is under contract to purchase all the oil that
this oil field will produce, which is hundreds of millions of barrels of oil.
We have absolutely no gain from this transaction whatsoever.

Wait it gets more interesting.

Guess who is the largest individual stockholder of this Brazilian Oil Company and who would benefit most from this?
It is American Billionaire, George Soros, Liberal businessman who is a radical left wing supporter, finances MoveOn.org as well as other liberal programs
and was President Obama’s largest and most generous supporter during his campaign. If you are able to connect the dots and follow the money,
you are probably as upset as I am.

That was bogus reporting and a stretch from the facts on this $2 billion loan to the Brazilian oil company Petróleo Brasileiro S.A., known as Petrobras.