PDA

View Full Version : Why is it on the AP when Rand asks for extension to file same doc Conway got extensi

sailingaway
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
extension for?

When Conway who has legitimate questions about receiving funds from utilities he regulates doesn't file, it sure didn't hit the AP. At the bottom it says Conway 'got an extension' which must be recent, but the headline doesn't say 'Kentucky Senate Candidates Request Extension to File" just that Rand Paul 'misses a disclosure deadline' when he had requested an extension, exactly like Conway did.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/06/17/1231099/ky-sen-candidate-paul-misses-disclosure.html

Are they even PRETENDING to be objective any more?

MRoCkEd
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that's bogus.

Too bad Rand needed an extension though... now he can't really call out Conway for it.

sailingaway
06-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that's bogus.

Too bad Rand needed an extension though... now he can't really call out Conway for it.

Yeah, I agree. I hope he gets it in quickly. I suspect with all the attacks he's been getting they wanted to double check to make sure it was perfect. One erroneous entry and you know it would be international news and presumed deception as soon as it was discovered.

AND NOTE THAT CONWAY HAS ASKED TO NOT FILE UNTIL AUGUST - AFTER FANCY FARM. But it is RAND who gets these 'missed deadline' headlines for asking for a 2 week extension.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Because the AP is on the side on Conway. Isn't that already obvious?

Here is a perfect example of it. Both candidates do they same exact thing, but with Paul the AP puts out one of their patented breathless headlines. Did they put out a story revolving around Conway's doing of the same?

sirgonzo420
06-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Because the AP is on the side on Conway. Isn't that already obvious?

Here is a perfect example of it. Both candidates do they same exact thing, but with Paul the AP puts out one of their patented breathless headlines. Did they put out a story revolving around Conway's doing of the same?

Yeah, and no one gives a shit about Conway.

Conway is not newsworthy.

Rand Paul, on the other hand, is akin to a political rock star.

PermanentSleep
06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
The scavengers will never stop their feeding on the Rockstar status. All they are doing is stirring the liberty nest, and I for one am all the more motivated.