PDA

View Full Version : Reason Magazine Cruise Coming Up

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Apparently Reason Magazine is doing a cruise:

You know that I am grateful for your ongoing interest in and support of Reason. But really, I want to see you in your bathing suit.

You—and every single one of your best and most entertaining friends—are invited to join me, Reason.tv' s Nick Gillespie, and a boatload of fellow freedom fanatics on the Celebrity Solstice Caribbean cruise from January 30 to February 6, 2011. You'll get to hang with special guests like The Seasteading Institute's Patri "grandson of Milton" Friedman and science writer extraordinnaire Matt "Rational Optimist" Ridley, as well as Reason stalwarts Jacob Sullum and Ronald Bailey. It will be a week of thought-provoking seminars, tongue-loosening cocktail parties, and indescribable activities in exotic ports of call! Can you even *handle* this much liberty?

Of course you can. That's why you should go right now to www.reasoncruise.com (http://click.email.reason.org/?qs=35405336ca26c512cd1d199ed948f9771ebf666ec8dbc0 acae127c69c480cc49) to check out our itinerary, roster of speakers, the ship's deck plans—everything you need to know about Reason's first-ever cruise. Be a part of history!

See you on the Lido Deck,

Matt Welch
Editor in Chief, Reason magazine

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 01:47 PM
eeeu.

low preference guy
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
a statist fest!

brandon
06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
So when is the first RPF cruise? Serious. I'd cruise to the caribbean with you guys this winter. Been thinking about going with my girlfriend anyway.

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
How about Alaska? Better to be much further away from the current oil spill.

aclove
06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
I took a look at the speakers' list, and didn't recognize a damn one of them.

It's endlessly amusing to me how Cato and Reason continue to maintain the fiction that they're the real mainstream libertarians. Ron Paul and the Austro-libertarians have so outstripped them in spreading the message it's pathetic, yet these guys still act like we're the fringe weirdos.

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Gillespie has been on Freedom Watch once or twice.