PDA

View Full Version : Federal, State, and Local govt's are shaking down BP

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-17-2010, 12:50 PM
First off let me say I hold no remorse for BP, Haliburton, and the other companies involved in the spill that will affect my home for years to come. I think they should be held liable to the fullest extent of the law. With that said, governments (all levels) are lining up to shake down BP. They know that all they have to do is jump on TV on the newspaper if BP does not comply, and BP is pretty much at the mercy of public opinion at this point (not that they haven't been shooting their own selves in the foot either..c'mon..."small people?" smh).

But anyway, the Mayor of N.O. is asking BP for $75 Million to market tourism in New Orleans (http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/06/mitch_landrieu_asks_bp_for_75.html) 75 FREAKING MILLION!!!! What are they gonna make, a fuckin James Cameron movie about crawfish and jazz?!?! It's no secret state and local government budgets are hurting right now, I know for a fact LA's budget deficit is over 1B and New Orleans $50 million. Seems like they are taking this as a prime opportunity to shore up their books.

Also, it seems like nobody is pointing out the governments huge failure in this. Everybody is saying more and more regulations, but the oil rigs are already regulated. The fucking MMS govt inspectors were in bed with the Oil rig executives (in some cases, literally in bed). Shouldnt the Gulf coast communities be regulating these rigs?

Also, Obama is making BP set up a $100 million slush fund for "oil rig unemployed" the people that Obama is making unemployed by HIS FUCKING MORATORIUM ON DRILLING!!

I think we've finally reached fever point to where government has totall control over private industry and its getting scary.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2010, 12:56 PM
BP America is finished.

Look for bankruptcy declarations soon.

First off let me say I hold no remorse for BP, Haliburton, and the other companies involved in the spill that will affect my home for years to come. I think they should be held liable to the fullest extent of the law. With that said, governments (all levels) are lining up to shake down BP. They know that all they have to do is jump on TV on the newspaper if BP does not comply, and BP is pretty much at the mercy of public opinion at this point (not that they haven't been shooting their own selves in the foot either..c'mon..."small people?" smh).

But anyway, the Mayor of N.O. is asking BP for $75 Million to market tourism in New Orleans (http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/06/mitch_landrieu_asks_bp_for_75.html) 75 FREAKING MILLION!!!! What are they gonna make, a fuckin James Cameron movie about crawfish and jazz?!?! It's no secret state and local government budgets are hurting right now, I know for a fact LA's budget deficit is over 1B and New Orleans $50 million. Seems like they are taking this as a prime opportunity to shore up their books.

Also, it seems like nobody is pointing out the governments huge failure in this. Everybody is saying more and more regulations, but the oil rigs are already regulated. The fucking MMS govt inspectors were in bed with the Oil rig executives (in some cases, literally in bed). Shouldnt the Gulf coast communities be regulating these rigs?

Also, Obama is making BP set up a $100 million slush fund for "oil rig unemployed" the people that Obama is making unemployed by HIS FUCKING MORATORIUM ON DRILLING!!

I think we've finally reached fever point to where government has totall control over private industry and its getting scary.

roho76
06-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Of course they are. This is the economic recovery package II. Never let a crisis go to waste, right Rahm.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Of course they are. This is the economic recovery package II. Never let a crisis go to waste, right Rahm.

Pretty much, it's like the perfect scenario for pols....they get to dole out money that's not taxpayer $$ or deficit funded...that way, they dont have to worry about teabaggers showing up.