PDA

View Full Version : S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

RonPaulFanInGA
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/17/sc-democratic-party-considers-overturning-alvin-greene-election-results/

South Carolina's Democrats are poised to decide whether to overturn the results of the primary election that saw Alvin Greene, an unemployed military veteran, win the nomination for U.S. Senate.

The state party's executive committee is meeting Thursday in Columbia to hear a protest by former state lawmaker Vic Rawl, whom Greene defeated in the June 8 primary.

Rawl has said malfunctions in voting machines or software may have caused him to lose the race. He said voters have told him they meant to vote for him but saw Greene's name on their screens instead.

The executive committee could uphold the election, order a new primary or find that problems were so significant that Rawl should be declared the winner.

Greene's father first told Fox News that his son would not be attending Thursday's state party's meeting but then said "maybe" he would show up.

doctor jones
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
This is the biggest mystery in politics ever.

low preference guy
06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Racists!

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Racists!

just elitist dems doing what elitist dems do. They claim they represent people EXACTLY LIKE Greene - poor, downtrodden men and women.

Yet they throw this ... elitist hissy fit ... when one of those people wins an election.

The elitists can't tolerate having one of the poor and downtrodden in their midst.

Eroberer
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe someone wanted to show us how easy it is to rig an election with these machines. I don't think this has to do about race or parties, but maybe someone sent us a message.

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Maybe someone wanted to show us how easy it is to rig an election with these machines. I don't think this has to do about race or parties, but maybe someone sent us a message.

hmmm.....

I wonder.....

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
YouTube - This is the guy that lives in my head! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXxy8cjZQA)

FSP-Rebel
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a feeling if they overturn Greene's victory a riot may ensue.

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
This is the biggest mystery in politics ever.

I don't find it mysterious one bit. Rawl didn't campaign much at all, and voters found Greene's name more likeable.

low preference guy
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I have a feeling if they overturn Greene's victory a riot may ensue.

I hope Greene uses the race card.

lx43
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Leave the man alone/let him run. SC the gift that keeps on giving, and we are entertaining the nation for free. ;) lol

RJB
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
First the RNC should overturn McCain's 2008 New Hampshire Primary win.

They only claim irregularities when the establishment candidate loses.

If Greene's victory is overturned I hope he pulls every card in the deck. If I lived in SC, I'd vote for him strictly based on those who dislike him.

angelatc
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I hope they use up a whole bunch of liberal money fighting among themselves. Does anybody really think DeMint will probably lose against either of those guys?

Nothing is ever a sure thing, and I am not implying that, but he's riding the wave pretty high right now.

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
SC the gift that keeps on giving, and we are entertaining the nation for free.

That is an interesting comment.

The executive committee could uphold the election, order a new primary or find that problems were so significant that Rawl should be declared the winner.

I'm wondering, how could a party committee order a new election? If so, who pays for it? Would all SC citizens have to pay for it? Are not elections part of the state govt? If so, why is the political party able to make this decision?

Also, under what possible explanation could they invalidate these results but NOT invalidate the results of ALL the elections on that day? I doubt they had seperate voting machines just for that specific primary. If they were faulty for that vote, then they were faulty for ALL elections on that day.

BlackTerrel
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Rawl has said malfunctions in voting machines or software may have caused him to lose the race.

Based on what evidence?

If they overturn this they should look at every election in the past 20 years.

He said voters have told him they meant to vote for him but saw Greene's name on their screens instead.

Hmmmm I kind of have to call bullshit. If this happened on a wide scale we would have heard of it by now and people would be raising a fuss and complaining. It wouldn't take a whole week for the guy who lost to have to bring it up.

You're telling me 100,000 people went to the voting booth, tried to vote for you but instead it showed them that they voted for Al Greene? And nobody raised a fuss? Vic Rawl is full of shit.

Cowlesy
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I would expect Alvin Greene would strongly protest all of this, but then again, I don't think he really cares?

RileyE104
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Watch they declare a new primary and Greene wins by an even bigger margin!
That would be funny as hell..

I'm sure it's possible after all the media coverage he's been getting.. :D

Kregisen
06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I would expect Alvin Greene would strongly protest all of this, but then again, I don't think he really cares?

He just wants to ummm....focus on the issues. He was in the army.

doctor jones
06-21-2010, 10:33 AM

He cares about getting a job.