PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Wants To Legalize Pot!

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Have yall seen this?!?!?!

YouTube - Glenn Beck Legalize Marijuana & Stop The Violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFmtirw5io8)

dannno
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Wow that is some major

http://www.consumerbuyguide.com/guides/food_beverage/honey.jpg

Seriously.

TC95
06-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Legalize it, regulate it, tax it! More money for the government! Yay!

Paul/Beck 2012!...Just kidding!

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2010, 10:48 AM

If this is the solution, its almost better to keep it "illegal".

dannno
06-17-2010, 10:50 AM

No it isn't. Alcohol is taxed and regulated, but I guess we could go back to the days of prohibition :confused:

JohnEngland
06-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Cool! Though expect the usual suspects to continue to think that A) Beck's a Republican hack B) That he's uninformed C) He wants a theocracy D) He is plotting to highjack the Liberty movement E) He's a NWO operative F) He's the puppetmaster behind Obama G) He's an alien H) He doesn't really exist... and so on...

Or, if we want the media's narrative: A) He's a Republican B) That's he's uninformed C) He supports Bush D) He's Rush Limbaugh's apprentice E) He doesn't believe what he says F) He's raising an army G) He's plotting to overthrow the government H) He's running for president... and so on...

Well, that was fun! Back to reading about Greece's victory over Nigeria... Hmm, 2-1...

Kotin
06-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Yeah it sure is better to keep millions locked up..:rolleyes:

Brett
06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
For a second I thought you were listing things you thought about him, Johnengland :P

Where were the people complaining about Beck before? There were a lot more of them 2 weeks ago.

roho76
06-17-2010, 10:59 AM

I used to make my own beer and if I smoked I could grow my own tobacco and smoke it free of government intervention. I would assume you could do the same with this.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I used to make my own beer and if I smoked I could grow my own tobacco and smoke it free of government intervention. I would assume you could do the same with this.

One would hope, but there are still many States that although alcohol, is quote on quote legal, is still regulated, and prohibited to shit. For instance: Many States the State runs the liquor business. Many others the regulations stipulate you can't homebrew.

Like I said, it's "almost" better to keep it in the black market. I'm not as scared of the Mafia, as I am the Government. Besides, the violence will still be there, its just hidden. At least now its (the violence) looked upon as illegitimate and criminal. When the IRS comes down on your ass, or the FDA, or whatever other regulatory agency people believe the shit is legitimate, and a-ok.

Would I rather have everything taxed and regulated to hell than be illegal and untaxed and unregulated? Sure. Is it that much better? Not really. Anyways its a step in the right direction that people are at least backing up that it should NOT be illegal. Now just to make them see that it shouldn't be taxed or regulated either.

roho76
06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
One would hope, but there are still many States that although alcohol, is quote on quote legal, is still regulated, and prohibited to shit. For instance: Many States the State runs the liquor business. Many others the regulations stipulate you can't homebrew.

Like I said, it's "almost" better to keep it in the black market. I'm not as scared of the Mafia, as I am the Government. Besides, the violence will still be there, its just hidden. At least now its (the violence) looked upon as illegitimate and criminal. When the IRS comes down on your ass, or the FDA, or whatever other regulatory agency people believe the shit is legitimate, and a-ok.

Would I rather have everything taxed and regulated to hell than be illegal and untaxed and unregulated? Sure. Is it that much better? Not really. Anyways its a step in the right direction that people are at least backing up that it should NOT be illegal. Now just to make them see that it shouldn't be taxed or regulated either.

Freedom from taxes without a revolution against government = Unicorns

JoshLowry
06-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Where were the people complaining about Beck before? There were a lot more of them 2 weeks ago.

I won't be fooled twice. He reads a teleprompter that is owned by Newscorp.

The legalization of marijuana is inevitable.

fisharmor
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Cool! Though expect the usual suspects to continue to think that...

FYI the list goes like this:
a) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
b) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
c) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
d) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
e) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
f) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
g) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes....

...and so on.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

JohnEngland
06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
For a second I thought you were listing things you thought about him, Johnengland :P

LOL, no, I haven't any real problem with Beck. Sure, he has his negatives, but everyone does. Better to support and appeal to those closer to your way of thinking, like Beck, than those who are lost causes, like Madcow.

I'm sure people still distrust Beck but I like to cut him some slack. Think about it, in the last year or so, Fox networks have added Beck, Stossel and Napolitano shows to their lineup. I think they've noticed the grassroots support for libertarian-leaning ideas and are cashing in on it. We need to support people like this, not try silly boycotts or vilification.

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
//

JohnEngland
06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
FYI the list goes like this:
a) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
b) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
c) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
d) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
e) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
f) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes,
g) He talks a good game and then kicks a liberty candidate in the nuts on air, sabotaging his or her chances to get into office and make some real changes....

...and so on.

Well, I don't see it happening with Rand. I just can't see it happening. As some have said in past threads, we'll see who he supports in 2012. I'd be very surprised if he went for someone like Mittens.

JoshLowry
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Cool! Though expect the usual suspects to continue to think that A) Beck's a Republican hack B) That he's uninformed C) He wants a theocracy D) He is plotting to highjack the Liberty movement E) He's a NWO operative F) He's the puppetmaster behind Obama G) He's an alien H) He doesn't really exist... and so on...

Or, if we want the media's narrative: A) He's a Republican B) That's he's uninformed C) He supports Bush D) He's Rush Limbaugh's apprentice E) He doesn't believe what he says F) He's raising an army G) He's plotting to overthrow the government H) He's running for president... and so on...

Well, that was fun! Back to reading about Greece's victory over Nigeria... Hmm, 2-1...

Many of us do think we see the outlines of a "Honey, honey, poison" type script.

Your mockery of RPF members with opinions based on Beck's past is not welcome.

"He's an alien." "He doesn't exist" "He's plotting to overthrow the government."

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm sure people still distrust Beck but I like to cut him some slack. Think about it, in the last year or so, Fox networks have added Beck, Stossel and Napolitano shows to their lineup. I think they've noticed the grassroots support for libertarian-leaning ideas and are cashing in on it. We need to support people like this, not try silly boycotts or vilification.

He is an actor, there is no slack to cut or shit to give. The change you see is just a reflection of the freemarket and a demand for these changes. If fox hadn't jumped on it somebody else would have, they risked losing signficant market share. I might also mention that an analysis done during the presidential campaign showed that on the average RP supporters were wealthier than the other candidates' supporters. What network/advertiser wouldn't want to cater to more wealthy viewers with arguably more disposable income?

jct74
Beck is a big-time flip-flopper on this issue. For a while he sounded like he was for it, but lately he's been against it, bitching and fear mongering about the California legalization initiative.

What's more interesting is that this guy wants to legalize pot; in fact he is one of the major contributors to the effort behind the California initiative:

YouTube - Guarantee - Men's Wearhouse Commercial (2009) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J80ppIGWo)

Cowlesy
Well, I don't see it happening with Rand. I just can't see it happening. As some have said in past threads, we'll see who he supports in 2012. I'd be very surprised if he went for someone like Mittens.

We'll see.

I can 1000% guarantee you he will not support a Liberty candidate for POTUS, say, like Ron Paul.

My feeling is he'll end up in Mittens camp, unofficially.

LittleLightShining
06-17-2010, 11:33 AM
i sure hope so, it has been so long since i had a bowl......it just isn't worth the risk when you have responsibilities and people that depend on you. But hey, it would be no problem going out and getting a liter of scotch and pack of cigs to drown my stresses away....

qft!

ItsTime
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM

Why is everyone so hot to get the regulation and taxation on it?! How about we just decriminalize it and not tax it or regulate it?

And for the record I do not smoke pot.

JoshLowry
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Why is everyone so hot to get the regulation and taxation on it?! How about we just decriminalize it and not tax it or regulate it?

And for the record I do not smoke pot.

Regulation is part of the argument you can make to the sheeple.

Kids can get access to marijuana more easily than alcohol.

That's because a drug dealer doesn't care to check for ID.

Put it into the hands of private business owners who will follow the law and then parents will be happier.

ItsTime
06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Regulation is part of the argument you can make to the sheeple.

Kids can get access to marijuana more easily than alcohol.

That's because a drug dealer doesn't care to check for ID.

Put it into the hands of private business owners who will follow the law and then parents will be happier.

Yeah true. I might actually be happy with some regulation. Age access and the like, but have it the same as booze, the states decide.

Paulitical Correctness
06-17-2010, 12:09 PM

YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A)

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Isn't pot currently taxed? Aren't you required to pay some sort of tax if you posses or transfer pot? Of course I think the government makes it impossible to pay that tax therefore possession or transferring is illegal.

Paulitical Correctness
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
For government class a couple years back I proposed an ordinance to city council about simply ticketing use/possession in public. Baby steps. They still thought I was off my rocker, but a lady cop in my class came up to me and said it was an awesome idea. She said she looked the other way regarding marijuana anyway and a lot of her colleagues felt the same way.

I wish I still had a copy of what I'd written. Anyway, a good bit of people are coming around to the decrim mentality.

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah true. I might actually be happy with some regulation. Age access and the like, but have it the same as booze, the states decide.

Most reliable place to buy pot is local high school in a lot of places....

Some regulation would sell well to anybody that has ever bought a sack that was "light" or sprayed.

Bruno
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Isn't pot currently taxed? Aren't you required to pay some sort of tax if you posses or transfer pot? Of course I think the government makes it impossible to pay that tax therefore possession or transferring is illegal.

Some states do have Drug Tax Stamps, such as Iowa. Ironic, isn't it? You get extra penalties if you don't pay a tax on something that is illegal.

AZ in the early 1980's passed a law that you could get a license and pay taxes on cannabis. Someone had the proper license and stamps, the police seized the drugs and he was arrested. It went to court, and initial judge ordered that you can't tax something and create a license for something that is illegal, so therefore by taxing it they made it legal.

I still have a few sheets of those AZ 1 oz. cannabis stamps. :)

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Beck is a big-time flip-flopper on this issue. For a while he sounded like he was for it, but lately he's been against it, bitching and fear mongering about the California legalization initiative.

What's more interesting is that this guy wants to legalize pot; in fact he is one of the major contributors to the effort behind the California initiative:

YouTube - Guarantee - Men's Wearhouse Commercial (2009) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J80ppIGWo)
That guy's voice sounds like he has smoked a great deal. :p;)

Slutter McGee
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Many of us do think we see the outlines of a "Honey, honey, poison" type script.

Your mockery of RPF members with opinions based on Beck's past is not welcome.

"He's an alien." "He doesn't exist" "He's plotting to overthrow the government."

Mockery of RPF members? For stating the obvious? He was using hyperbole to demonstrate a proven point. Distrust of Beck is understandable. But the pure hatred for the man also runs contrary to libertarian ideas. What ideas? How bout faith in the individual, not only to better themselves, but also to change their opinions and views. Without that, we are stuck as a movement and will never accomplish anything.

Time we as a movement grow up.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

.Tom
06-17-2010, 01:23 PM

So it's okay to initiate violence against me for voluntarily purchasing a plant because I'm 18 and not 21?

That's the worst part about the California proposal in my opinion, but it's still better than what we have now, and will certainly get things going in the right direction.

Also, it's still easier to pay someone to purchase it for me from a store than to deal with a drug dealer.

JoshLowry
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Mockery of RPF members? That's exactly what he did.

But the pure hatred for the man also runs contrary to libertarian ideas.

Not the case for those of us who point out him being two-faced. I'd say the majority here who warn others about Beck do it based on his actions, not because he is fun to hate.

Time we as a movement grow up.

Agreed.

Jordan
06-17-2010, 01:33 PM
At least with Beck you get two doses of honey, and one poison whereas with the rest it's just poison, poison, poison. With that said, I appreciate Beck on the air. He's done more good for this movement than anyone else on the airwaves. (inb4 Judge Nap is 490534034x better...that would be true if he had an audience)

Matt Collins
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
The Glenn Beck Meetup people don't like this one bit!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

John e-mailed the list back after I sent this video out to it:

Yet another BOMB from Mr. Collins ... what the heck point are you trying to make?

Matt, did you bother to actually watch the clip? If so, did you actually listen to what he says? It doesn't seem that you did or do as you completely missed the point he was making?

I saw the original broadcast and your idiotic, leftist newspaper-like headline is not the whole story. Even though the clip does not show the whole segment, it is clear that Beck is making the point that for the Obama Administration to leave the law on the books and then saying that they will not enforce the law is ludicrous.

Much like the moronic pot-heads who have commented on the clip, unless your email is an attempt to shock us into watching the clip, you seem to suffer from the same attention deficit disorder that as do as they also "think" he is advocating the legalization of marijuana. He most assuredly is NOT.

John

heavenlyboy34
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
The Glenn Beck Meetup people don't like this one bit!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

John e-mailed the list back after I sent this video out to it:

Matt Collins a "leftist"? lolz! :D Sounds like ya irked 'em, Matty! :cool:

krazy kaju
06-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I really, really wish real street drugs like heroin and coke were legal, even if they were regulated and taxed. It's just that with black market street drugs the drugs are sooooooo much more dangerous. You don't know the quality, you don't know what it's cut with, etc. So many people's lives would be saved if we simply legalized hard drugs.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Who cares? He's still a lying asshole. Don't forget how he railroaded Debra Medina!

ClayTrainor
06-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I really, really wish real street drugs like heroin and coke were legal, even if they were regulated and taxed. It's just that with black market street drugs the drugs are sooooooo much more dangerous. You don't know the quality, you don't know what it's cut with, etc. So many people's lives would be saved if we simply legalized hard drugs.

Agreed. Not to mention the diseases they pass around society, by sharing needles and paraphernalia.

They should have a safe place to do these drugs and limit the transmission of disease, since they're gonna do 'em anyways.

MRoCkEd
06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
At least with Beck you get two doses of honey, and one poison whereas with the rest it's just poison, poison, poison. With that said, I appreciate Beck on the air. He's done more good for this movement than anyone else on the airwaves. (inb4 Judge Nap is 490534034x better...that would be true if he had an audience)

yep...

Where else can you find shows about slashing military spending or Tom Woods talking about the Road to Serfdom for an hour?

krazy kaju
06-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Agreed. Not to mention the diseases they pass around society, by sharing needles and paraphernalia.

They should have a safe place to do these drugs and limit the transmission of disease, since they're gonna do 'em anyways.

Yeah, and there'd be a whole lot less crime because gangs would get defunded due to drug legalization.

Son of Detroit
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Glenn just said he originally supported the Patriot Act but then realized he was wrong. :O

Kregisen
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Glenn is a different character. I don't know whether to love him or hate him. He claims to be a libertarian but has definitely shown a neo-con side to him...but he does want to legalize pot, even though no other drugs apparently (still not very libertarian there), but if he's now against the patriot act then there's hope for him.

He's still my least-hated news show host, besides Napolitano now of course. :D

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Glenn is a different character. I don't know whether to love him or hate him. He claims to be a libertarian but has definitely shown a neo-con side to him...but he does want to legalize pot, even though no other drugs apparently (still not very libertarian there), but if he's now against the patriot act then there's hope for him.

He's still my least-hated news show host, besides Napolitano now of course. :D

How can you hate the Judge? :confused:

Kregisen
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM
How can you hate the Judge? :confused:

LEAST-hated. ;)

If the Judge were running against Ron Paul for president I might actually vote for the judge....that's how much I love him.

Slutter McGee
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Glenn just said he originally supported the Patriot Act but then realized he was wrong. :O

Used to support the Patriot act but admits he was wrong.
Used to support all foreign intervention, but now he wants a more measured approach, because he says he is not Ron Paul yet.
Says he no longer supports nation building.
Rails against the Federal Reserve
Says that weed should possibly be legalized
Defended miranda rights for terrorists because the man was a US citizen.
Promoted the Road to Serfdom for an hour

But...he likes Israel.....traitor. neo-con. evil. evil. man. infiltrator.

I don't have access to Picard right now.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Used to support all foreign intervention, but now he wants a more measured approach, because he says he is not Ron Paul yet.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

And Bush said he was for those things also, before 9/11. I'll believe what he is saying when his beliefs are tested. Right now they aren't. Be very wary. The guy isn't a normal joe on the streets who isn't getting paid millions to peddle Murdoch BS. I can understand the normal guy changing his views, but someone who gets paid to proselytize...eh, not so much.

MRoCkEd
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
:p
He also said while he believes Iran to be a threat, sanctions or military action would be terrible decisions. Neocon!

Stary Hickory
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Exactly Beck is a secret black ops of the Bilderbergs, do not beleive what he says. He is simply executing his plan to reestablish neocon dominance on all of mankind.

Slutter McGee
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
And Bush said he was for those things also, before 9/11. I'll believe what he is saying when his beliefs are tested. Right now they aren't. Be very wary. The guy isn't a normal joe on the streets who isn't getting paid millions to peddle Murdoch BS. I can understand the normal guy changing his views, but someone who gets paid to proselytize...eh, not so much.

I am fully ok with all those who do not trust the man. I don't completely. My point is simply that we should not write an individual off. Beck could be just as popular spouting off Hannity talking points. But lately he has been saying things that could piss off a decent segment of his audience. Because of that, I am giving him the benefit of a doubt.

Not saying trust him. Just saying he might not be the child of Lucifer.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee