PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democrats dismantling aid package due to deficit

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 09:16 AM
"The slimmed-down measure was still evolving late Tuesday. But Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (Nev.) was trying to salvage one of Obama's top priorities -- $24 billion to avert the layoffs of state workers -- by scaling back other pieces of the sprawling package, including a provision to postpone a scheduled pay cut for doctors who see Medicare patients. Instead of postponing the cut until 2012, Reid is considering protecting doctors only through the rest of this year."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/15/AR2010061505569.html

Concerns me because more docs will refuse medicare patients....

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 09:23 AM
how much $$ in foreign aid have we given away so far this year?

MsDoodahs
06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I know.

Though it does kinda read as though they're finally running a little low on other people's money to spend, doesn't it?

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Though it does kinda read as though they're finally running a little low on other people's money to spend, doesn't it?

Not to me. To me it reads as though they realize they aren't gonna get reelected if they don't give the impression that they are trying to cut back.

Also:

Reid also took aim at jobless benefits, which some Democrats complained may be too generous in a time of economic recovery. While the revised package would extend emergency benefits through the end of November...

November? really? Wonder why november specifically.....hrm....does something that affects the senators and representatives jobs happen in november?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Noooo!!! Keep the stimulus coming!:mad:

ChaosControl
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I wish we could throw these thieves in prison.