PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin: Marijuana is a 'minimal problem'

Bruno
06-17-2010, 07:13 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38660.html

Former Alaska GOP Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday night that law enforcement should not focus its energy on the “minimal problem” of marijuana.

Palin made the comment during an appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

The libertarian Paul said enforcing marijuana restrictions specifically and war on drugs more generally is a “useless battle,” a point Palin somewhat agreed with though she was clear that she does not support legalization.

"If we're talking about pot, I'm not for the legalization of pot,” Palin said. “I think that would just encourage our young people to think that it was OK to go ahead and use it.”

“However I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts,” Palin added. “If somebody's gonna to smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society.”

Palin then urged law enforcement to “not concentrate on such a, relatively speaking, minimal problem we have in the country.”

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-17-2010, 07:17 AM
You have no comment or discussion? A lot of people here seem to have a habit of spouting the news on the forum.

roho76
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
But isn't that what you want Palin, a bunch of brain dead zombies to go along with your wars and deficit spending? It seems to me that the Neo-Cons would be all over this. She probably has no problem with people drugged out of there minds on every other psychotropic drug on the market but pot? We can't legalize that. My god sir you must be crazy. In fact I would have to say that she is doped out of her mind on Jesus and that is more dangerous than everybody in this country being high on weed.

In all honesty I don't think the government should "Legalize it either". I'd rather they just decriminalize it and step aside. I am only making fun of her idiocy. Those who think she can be reformed are wishful thinkers. This bitch is repugnant on all sides.

LittleLightShining
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
You have no comment or discussion? A lot of people here seem to have a habit of spouting the news on the forum.

I don't see you adding anything to a conversation.

You may find it useless to post articles but I disagree. One of the things I love about this place is the news. Most days I don't have time to scour headlines. I always come here first to find new stories.

RM918
06-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Psht, legalizing drugs will not cause more people to do them, except perhaps briefly. 40% of people in the U.S. have tried marijuana at least once compared to only 20% in Amsterdam, where it's legal and regulated. A sizable chunk of people only do it because it's socially unacceptable.

roho76
06-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I don't see you adding anything to a conversation.

You may find it useless to post articles but I disagree. One of the things I love about this place is the news. Most days I don't have time to scour headlines. I always come here first to find new stories.

*SMACK*
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0905/education-education-woman-man-slap-backhand-demotivational-poster-1243031151.jpg

I agree. I love this site for the articles and news. While a healthy debate is good most just turn into flame wars. If it turns into a bitch fest by the end of the first page I lose interest.

specsaregood
06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
She probably has no problem with people drugged out of there minds on every other psychotropic drug on the market but pot? We can't legalize that.

People high on pot have a history of being anti-establishment, being against the wars and generally thinking outside the box. So, yeah...I think most politicians would rather the entire population be drugged on prescription mood altering drugs than pot.

Bruno
06-17-2010, 07:40 AM

Guilty as charged. I post a lot of articles without adding my 2 cents upfront. I didn't know people had an issue with it.

MRoCkEd
06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
This is way more than most politicians would admit. Not bad, Palin.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-17-2010, 07:42 AM
People high on pot have a history of being anti-establishment, being against the wars and generally thinking outside the box. So, yeah...I think most politicians would rather the entire population be drugged on prescription mood altering drugs than pot.
are high people against war , or do people against war get high? ;)

noxagol
06-17-2010, 07:49 AM
She's wrong, marijuana is a non-problem.

Elwar
06-17-2010, 09:39 AM
"If we're talking about pot, I'm not for the legalization of pot,” Palin said. “I think that would just encourage our young people to think that it was OK to go ahead and use it.”

Jumping off of your roof should be illegal. To have it remain legal is just encouraging our young people to think that it is OK to go ahead and do it.

low preference guy
06-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Guilty as charged. I post a lot of articles without adding my 2 cents upfront. I didn't know people had an issue with it.

there is no issue with it. it's fine.

Fredom101
06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Psht, legalizing drugs will not cause more people to do them, except perhaps briefly. 40% of people in the U.S. have tried marijuana at least once compared to only 20% in Amsterdam, where it's legal and regulated. A sizable chunk of people only do it because it's socially unacceptable.

I think those stats are wrong, it's something like 70% in the US. And we have far more regular pot smokers than Amsterdam does where it's legal.

Fredom101
06-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Jumping off of your roof should be illegal. To have it remain legal is just encouraging our young people to think that it is OK to go ahead and do it.

Hahaha exactly. We should encourage our kids to NEVER listen to what politicians have to say anyway, so Palin's statement is laughable.

jct74
06-17-2010, 10:08 AM
The Judge is already making an impact with his new show. Go Judge!

Soca Taliban
06-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Palin needs to go in the corner and stfu..........dumb airhead doesn't understand the principle of freedom. Why is she still even given airtime? :confused: